Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
If, on the other hand, you define a gentleman as someone who demands that others kiss his as$ and show him respect, I'll pass.

Y'all can be gentlemen together in your ivory towers discussing suede leather elbow patches while looking down on us rubes.

We will no doubt, while you'll continue to remain a no-class ass the rest of your life.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
dassa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by luv2safari
If, on the other hand, you define a gentleman as someone who demands that others kiss his as$ and show him respect, I'll pass.

Y'all can be gentlemen together in your ivory towers discussing suede leather elbow patches while looking down on us rubes.

We will no doubt, while you'll continue to remain a no-class ass the rest of your life.
So if you demand someone kiss your as$, and they refuse, they're the no-class ass?

Good to know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
while you'll continue to remain a no-class ass the rest of your life.

And some wonder why they are not shown any respect.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski
In any association of peoples, there's always gonna be those that consider themselves above the others.

In my best Gray Poupon voice I say to you: "but of course."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meh....some sh'theads survive to old age. Lots of you won't

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Who does not know this pic.?

The average age on here is 97.

Yeah but, if you don't count the grand poobah the average drops to 45, and is much more good looking.

Isn’t that a meeting of the He Man’s Woman Haters Club? 😳

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

So if you demand someone kiss your as$, and they refuse, they're the no-class ass?

Good to know.

These responses work both ways, you know.
Show respect, and you generally receive respect.
Be an ass, and you'll be shown an ass.

You are not born with wisdom. You get it by listening to your elders, and others, or about as many, by mistakes.
Your elders, and the others, earned some of their wisdom - by their own mistakes. Such is life.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Your elders, and the others, earned some of their wisdom - by their own mistakes. Such is life.

So old people in prison, should be geniuses.

D
dassa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

Good to know.

You are not born with wisdom. You get it by listening to your elders, and others, or about as many, by mistakes.
And how is telling 99% of us that we're sub standard in the maturity and intellect departments a sign of respect?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
Isn’t that a meeting of the He Man’s Woman Haters Club? 😳

Winner Winner !! laugh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you read his posts on this thread? He brought up age, implying that us "yellow sheeters" are inferior. If age were the determining factor in wisdom, Biden would be Solomon.

When I mentioned health insurance, it simply means that there are a lot of old people who have no wisdom at all. The only reason they lived as long as they have is because we live in an age of incredible medical knowledge. Not because they have acquired great wisdom. So if you tell me that you're wise because you're old, I'm gonna be critical.

In the past, I haven't had any problem with Rocky, nor with you. In fact, I wish you would post more, because I enjoy getting as many viewpoints as possible, and particularly yours. But if you don't mind, would you go back and read the 2d paragraph of you first post in this thread, and see if it isn't a more appropriate response to Rocky's first post that I quoted above. Who was looking down on whom?

The internet is poor medium for communication and if I misconstrued your intent apologies. I went back and read it and I have no idea what a yellow-sheeter is so didn't know it was an insult. I don't think Rocky was directing his comment at you but instead at those specific folks on the CF who, if they behaved in person the way they do on-line, would likely end up with repeated trips to the Doc-in-a-box for nose resettings. One of the failings of the software here is that a reply has to be directed at a persons post instead of a general comment. Perhaps a new standard preface of "General comment" could be used to avoid situations like this.

You certainly seem a decent sort and have been around the fire as long as most of us and seen a general decline in decorum. Luckily the other sections are OK, except optics!, and remain civilized with careful use of the ignore function. It's noteworthy too that there seems to be no generational bias. We have polite folks that are of from The silent generation up through Gen Z here and we also have the reverse. Perhaps upbringing or perhaps the nature of the anonymous media the CF platform represents. Hard to say.

On the topic of Yellow Sheeter - we used to use a Navy form called a Yellow Sheet to log flight time before they computerized it and made it worse but Rocky being an USAF puke I suspected that's not what he was talking about. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just to clarify, I used "sheeter" because the board censor won't let me say someone who still has yellow-filled diapers.

I definitely meant that young people who think they know everything and anyone older than they are is decrepit are fools. Wisdom is a product of experience, and you cannot get experience except over time.

That's it. I'll leave this thread while I can still be civil. (Which is evidence of wisdom, btw.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski

So old people in prison, should be geniuses.

They are. If you don't believe me just ask 'em.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
dassa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Pugs
Have you read his posts on this thread? He brought up age, implying that us "yellow sheeters" are inferior. If age were the determining factor in wisdom, Biden would be Solomon.

When I mentioned health insurance, it simply means that there are a lot of old people who have no wisdom at all. The only reason they lived as long as they have is because we live in an age of incredible medical knowledge. Not because they have acquired great wisdom. So if you tell me that you're wise because you're old, I'm gonna be critical.

In the past, I haven't had any problem with Rocky, nor with you. In fact, I wish you would post more, because I enjoy getting as many viewpoints as possible, and particularly yours. But if you don't mind, would you go back and read the 2d paragraph of you first post in this thread, and see if it isn't a more appropriate response to Rocky's first post that I quoted above. Who was looking down on whom?

The internet is poor medium for communication and if I misconstrued your intent apologies. I went back and read it and I have no idea what a yellow-sheeter is so didn't know it was an insult. I don't think Rocky was directing his comment at you but instead at those specific folks on the CF who, if they behaved in person the way they do on-line, would likely end up with repeated trips to the Doc-in-a-box for nose resettings. One of the failings of the software here is that a reply has to be directed at a persons post instead of a general comment. Perhaps a new standard preface of "General comment" could be used to avoid situations like this.

You certainly seem a decent sort and have been around the fire as long as most of us and seen a general decline in decorum. Luckily the other sections are OK, except optics!, and remain civilized with careful use of the ignore function. It's noteworthy too that there seems to be no generational bias. We have polite folks that are of from The silent generation up through Gen Z here and we also have the reverse. Perhaps upbringing or perhaps the nature of the anonymous media the CF platform represents. Hard to say.

On the topic of Yellow Sheeter - we used to use a Navy form called a Yellow Sheet to log flight time before they computerized it and made it worse but Rocky being an USAF puke I suspected that's not what he was talking about. grin
I appreciate your response. Incidentally, just after yours, Rocky cleared up what he meant by yellow sheeters.

I would still be interested if you think what you said here (specifically the bolded part, but including all of it generally):

Originally Posted by Pugs
I know nothing about you Dassa, and would never make assumptions, but I do know that people without much of a world are those that those that look down on others and engage in insulting others when they are not face to face. It’s not at surprise that those of us that prefer to not associate with folks that don’t behave as gentlemen, regardless of proximity, have other places where we gather.

Wouldn't be more appropriately directed to this post:

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
At one time, there was even an "by invitation only" chat board of Turdlike People. It was for sensible, mature intellects. 99% of you were not invited.

Thank you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Old age doesn't guarantee you will be respected or have wisdom nor intelligence.... if it did, Joe Biden would be the best president ever....

A large portion of the older population lose touch with societal evolution, this is due to several factors, such as retirement, limited social interactions etc....

Some are simply out of touch because of financial status.. i.e. they don't have to compete for a dollar to survive etc....

They end up stuck in 50 yr old narratives and so stubborn in their ways you can't tell them any different, hell, they even dismiss their grandkids opinions.

Many are prone to becoming fudds..... some simply weren't sharp crayons to start with...

Then you have the mean ones, they may have always been mean, but when younger they could and had to filter that meanness, they lose the ability to filter as they get older.

The old dog can't learn new tricks is true for most. Me on the computer is a perfect example and average 8 yr old can do it better.

And we can't forget selective memory, and there is always denial...

When dementia creeps in all bets are off the table.....

Now all that being said, some old folks are absolute treasures, wonderful humans full of knowledge and wisdom and kindness.... old age no more guarantees these qualities than does young age.

The sad truth is often old age brings about bad qualities...

Rocky is likely a very nice man, but, I have witnessed him be an azz on several occasions and he has been an azz to dassa in this thread.... and he will likely be an azz to me for writing this.

And that's ok.... just don't demand respect because of your age!!!!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At one time, there was even an "by invitation only" chat board of Turdlike People. It was for sensible, mature intellects. 99% of you were not invited.

True that. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

True that. laugh
Probably was some riveting discussions on thermodynamics.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

True that. laugh
Probably was some riveting discussions on thermodynamics.

Sorry I missed those.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

Good to know.

And how is telling 99% of us that we're sub standard in the maturity and intellect departments a sign of respect?

Evidently you missed these two, the most important, lines.

"Show respect, and you generally receive respect.
Be an ass, and you'll be shown an ass."

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Shave your junk with orange juice...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,069
Posts18,501,446
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.