Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
USAA uses them for their boat insurance policies.

Worst insurance company that I have ever worked with.

I will spare the details, but take it from me, avoid them. They suck.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob's your uncle..

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well we know liberal progressives suck ..and they do have the word Progressive in their company name

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They use the word "Progressive" for their name because of their ideology. That's the first clue.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have USAA and use them for my motorcycle.

Haven't had a claim yet though

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And what exactly gave it away? 😂 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Z
Z
I usually am just a lurker but this subject hit close to home. Back story, I have been with USAA since the early eighties long before they became an invite all insurance company with TV commercials. Older USAA members will know what I am talking about. Things have drastically changed since then. We have had USAA for everything, house, cars, several boats, RV’s, and motorcycles over the past 40 years. I have had 2 boat claims. One back with old USAA, sail boat keel damaged by marina travel lift, claim was smooth sailing. Second claim with the new Progressive policy through USAA. Like RAS stated I will spare the details except that it was a power boat kept in boat house at marina. A total and complete nightmare of incompetence by every Progressive employee from the agent handling the claim to the cousin Eddie type inspector/adjuster sent out to evaluate the boat. Had no knowledge of larger boats systems or how anything functioned said he usually just did ski boat and jet ski claims and a boat is just a boat. I will not use them in the future and have gotten rid of the boat hopefully the last I will have. (That’s what I said after the last one, LOL)

Like RAS stated avoid Progressive at all costs.

Note: USAA claims for house and cars that are with USAA are still ok, not as good as the old USAA but it is what it is. USAA stopped directly insuring boats that’s why they kinda sub contract it out to Progressive. A USAA Progressive boat policy is supposed to up hold USAA’s standards but in my opinion fall short. AVOID.

Last edited by zoid45colt; 05/06/23.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So you’re JUST NOW discovering this fact! One of the largest donors of anti 2nd Amendment Rights in America for the previous 40 + years!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same here. Been with USAA since 1968 when it was for officers only. Got a boat two years ago and was disappointed that USAA sent me to Progressive. The premium is quite low, for whatever that's worth. I have not had to file a claim and may not if I ever have less than major damage or loss. Utah requires boat insurance or I'd self-insure.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Z
Z
A guy at work was talking about insurance and mentioned he had USAA, i asked what branch of military he was in. He said he wasn’t or wasn't even a dependent. His wife’s grand father was in the army in WW2 so they qualified for USAA.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rem shooter
well we know liberal progressives suck ..and they do have the word Progressive in their company name

Yarp.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've mentioned them before, yeah they suck.

Or their motorcycle adjuster that I met in my part of the state does.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay, so we all agree. But nobody has yet offered a good alternative to Prog for boat insurance.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Read and understand an insurance policy before you buy. Read reviews from current and former policy holders. NO insurance company is out to do you any favors. Collecting premiums and denying claims is how they make their money. Lots of it. That’s how they own high rise buildings and football stadiums. They can be forced to pay their exact liabilities under a policy but will not pay one cent more. They’re not “The Good Hands People “. That is an advertising myth. Insurance companies are more alike than different.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a bad experience with Progressive. Partially my fault. One of their policy holders rear ended me at a stop light. I had to get to a doctor's appointment that was very hard to schedule and did not want to have to reschedule so I did not call the cops. That would have caused me to miss the appointment. Exchanged info, she apologized profusely, etc. Had pictures of her car and mine. I call my agent to start the claim and he contacts Progressive. Get a call from Progressive that they are denying the claim. I say why? They tell me their customer said she was rear ended into me! I said then how come there is no damage to the rear of her car? All they said was we have to believe our customer and hung up on me. I explored the normal complaint options but got totally frustrated with the run around. Learned a lesson though. Always call the cops even if it means you can't see the doctor for another 6 months.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't George Soros a big shareholder of PIC?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (anothergun, AussieGunWriter, Amos63, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,829
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.