-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hear these two businesses advertised heavily on conservative talk radio. My Clerk of Court tells me that title theft of your home is no threat, it would be on whoever is stupid enough to buy from or loan money to a shyster.

My neighbor friend took his aunt's car to a dealer for repair and they told him they do not accept Carshield. They couldn't find anybody willing to work with Carshield.

Last edited by Hastings; 05/07/23. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yes,both scams.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Car Shield and another I've seen is not available in California and I'll bet some other states. There must be a reason.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ya, no one saw that coming!...

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Carshield spends a fortune on ads. Burt Reynolds did a few ads for them 3 years ago.

Hometitlelock has Newt Gingrich doing their ads. Also, Sean Hannity has begun doing ads for them on his radio show.

Both sound like BS to me.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IMO, all those home appliance and car repair "insurance" plans are bogus. Unless you are breaking some major item every year, the premiums will end up being higher than the repair.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think they have to be scams but apparently listeners to conservative shows are buying both. For me, I don't insure the small stuff that I can pay for. Like a vehicle repair or a court order concerning a title theft.

I got a solicitation the other day to insure my water line between the meter and the house as if the average country bumpkin couldn't dig up the line and fix a leak or know someone who could.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, we added that rider to our USAA homeowner policy. It was only a couple dollars a month, and our water line from meter to basement is six or seven feet down. And that line is now almost 50 years old.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hastings: DUH!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: How about that scam to sell you broken underground front lawn pipe insurance?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I think they have to be scams but apparently listeners to conservative shows are buying both. For me, I don't insure the small stuff that I can pay for. Like a vehicle repair or a court order concerning a title theft.

I got a solicitation the other day to insure my water line between the meter and the house as if the average country bumpkin couldn't dig up the line and fix a leak or know someone who could.

Damn I haven’t seen a meter at the street in 40 years. Lincoln, Omaha, GI all mandate the meter be in the house. The line from the street to the meter has to be dug up by a licensed plumber and inspected by the city. They started this practice so they had access to the house to inspect for sump pumps plumbed into the sanitary sewer which they outlawed 40 years ago. So depends where you live.

Swifty
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sis central AC died last year. First q? from the contractor "Do you have repair insurance".

Some contractors won't take a job for the insurance. I can see a number of reasons why.

Have to use the products the insurance company dictates.
Have to charges the rates they say they will pay.

Face value, This could be good, after all you don't want to get ripped off. BUT

you want a name brand AC not a no-name and you want a reputable contractor not the lowest bidder.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
My best friend was a realtor. He said here in AR they can put a lien against you but can't steal your title. You have to go to the County Clerk and your signature has to be witnessed and Notarized. You have to show the notary ID. He said some states you can do transactions on property through the mail and phone. Those would be a concern.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,740
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.