Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by irfubar
The division we are experiencing on the campfire is not an accident, it's by design. The powers that be want us divided and fighting among ourselves.
It gives them cover for the grifting the current crop of marxist are engaging in.

Is it by design, or is it "journalism" trying to maximize clicks, and therefore profit in the age of "Post Jouranlism"

Post Journalism:

The press lost it's monopoly on news when the internet democratized information. To save it's business model it pivoted from journalism to tribalism. The new roll of The Press is not to inform it's readers but to confirm what they already believe.

The discussion of this begins as 46 minutes:

Years ago Rush used to play a montage of press clips... remember when the press claimed GWB had no gravitas? and yes they all used the exact same phrase... they do it over and over... so tell me they aren't controlled and told what to say....
How old are you? you seem incredibly out of touch and incapable of learning... old dog new trick thing going on with you"

They're not controlled, they're lazy. What's easier, writing an original story, or copying from the AP? As staff for the news rooms get cut but the deadlines stay the same, the incentives are for less original writing and more cut and paste. Today "original reporting" is cutting and pasting from Twitter.

Just as importantly, most "journalist" are cowards. If you write something original at it ruffles some feathers, or flops, that's your fault. Copy from the AP, and you're just part of the crowd.

Same effect but with no grand conspiracy's required.

Tucker carlson recent departure from Fox proves you wrong... he was saying things management didn't like ... poof gone, money be damned

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa
The division we are experiencing on the campfire is not an accident, it's by design. The powers that be want us divided and fighting among ourselves.
It gives them cover for the grifting the current crop of marxist are engaging in.

Is it by design, or is it "journalism" trying to maximize clicks, and therefore profit in the age of "Post Jouranlism"

Post Journalism:

The press lost it's monopoly on news when the internet democratized information. To save it's business model it pivoted from journalism to tribalism. The new roll of The Press is not to inform it's readers but to confirm what they already believe.

The discussion of this begins as 46 minutes:
I don't think your bold statement is correct. The new roll (actually, it's been their roll for a long time, they're just more brazen now) of the press is to indoctrinate. People just gravitate to the side that reinforces their beliefs.

Precisely correct.

Back in the days of the exploding gas tanks in square-body GM pickups, J. Michael Gartner (who was running NBC News, I believe) was quoted, saying something to the effect that the news media's job was not to report on events, but rather to form public opinion.

I wish I could find that on the web, but I have looked many times. If it ever was on the net it has been scrubbed. Pure coincidence, huh?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What's easier, writing an original story, or copying from the AP?

What's easier? Losing your job or parroting the official narrative which is constructed by the AP?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the deal Antelope Sniper, I have friends that are triple tin foil nutters.
We often have conversation regarding current issues. I tell them I don't believe in conspiracy theories... I do believe in shared ideology that leads to the same results...
But I'll be damned time proves them right a very large percentage of the time...

Oh and I don't gaslight them during our exchanges

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never misses an opportunity to needle people about Peaceful Protests........bitches and calls for civility when called out.

It's just crazy.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heym06
Moderation is for those that can't handle confrontation.

The countries founders worked really hard to give all men as much equality and opportunity to be free from oppressions as the next guy. The meek were sought to be protected from the bold. The concept that the weak have to fight the strong in order to secure their rights was very contrary to the way the charter of this country was written.

This country was literally founded to protect all, even the minority, from the majority rule by giving all inalienable rights. Suggesting the weak should have to fight the strong to be represented is contrary to the very fiber of our country.

The loudest, the rudest, the meanest, the boldest, the baddest, the quickest, the wittiest, the smartest, the fastest, the most compelling, the most appealing, the most convincing, the most persuasive, none of them could take the right from the lesser equipped.

What happens without self-restraint or moderation is the lording over by the strongest. What we have at the 24 Hour Campfire is a consortium of a certain type that exerts control and lacks self-restraint due to a lack of external authority.

Last edited by Fireball2; 05/07/23.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

The countries founders worked really hard to give all men as much equality and opportunity to be free from oppressions as the next guy. The meek were sought to be protected from the bold. The concept that the weak have to fight the strong in order to secure their rights was very contrary to the way the charter of this country was written.

This country was literally founded to protect all, even the minority, from the majority rule by giving all inalienable rights. Suggesting the weak should have to fight the strong to be represented is contrary to the very fiber of our country.

The loudest, the rudest, the meanest, the boldest, the baddest, the quickest, the wittiest, the smartest, the fastest, the most compelling, the most appealing, the most convincing, the most persuasive, none of them could take the right from the lesser equipped.

What happens without self-restraint or moderation is the lording over by the strongest. What we have at the 24 Hour Campfire is a consortium of a certain type that exerts control and lacks self-restraint due to a lack of external authority.

Wrong headed thinking again. We are a nation of laws not men. The law levels the playing field... along with Samuel Colt! smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Never misses an opportunity to needle people about Peaceful Protests........bitches and calls for civility when called out.

It's just crazy.

As others have said repeatedly, you're free to pass over those posts or posters that offend you.

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Holy shìt.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

It's just crazy.

As others have said repeatedly, you're free to pass over those posts or posters that offend you.

So are you. Then you would have to piss and moan about protecting the little guy.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're not controlled.

The press is absolutely controlled. They all report the same thing using the same slant and repeating the same lines. The press is the propaganda arm of the democrat party which is controlled by NWO participants. By trying to avoid conspiracy theories you overlook things that are apparent.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are a nation of laws not men. The law levels the playing field... along with Samuel Colt! smile

I already said that earlier. Laws, authority, external restraint. Without it, there is chaos. Like what we see here. No self-restraint, no "law".

We may be a nation of laws, or we used to be, but we certainly are not a forum of laws.

LOL
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

No. It's much bigger than that. It's the 24/7 propaganda news .... most don't have the vision/ critical thinking skills to see through it and end up arguing endlessly about issue they have no clue about. Covid was the perfect example. The truth has surfaced and the idiots that were fooled still won't admit it. It's a huge pshy-op

Fubar,

Take my last quote about how people today consume media, and how the purpose of media in no longer to inform but just confirm your existing beliefs, then ask yourself, how much of what people think they know about a complex subject such as Covid is really true?

Wrong again... people like Rush , Tucker etc... put in words what we are thinking and we are drawn to that.
The MSM tells their viewers what to think... it's propaganda, state controlled propaganda

How's that working out for them. Once upon a time they could do that but now, if people don't like what they hear they can go somewhere else for the self confirming, informational dopamine hit.

How much audience overlap is there between Fox News and CNN? Today, if you want to maintain audience capture you got to feed them the red meat they want or they'll switch you off go get their fix from tictok.

Did you ever wonder why Tictoc's so popular? Since the video's are very short, they get a lot of quick iterations for algo to determine what you like and don't like, so they can very quickly get to a point where they only feed you what you want to see and feed what ever biases you already have. From a profit perspective to them, it doesn't matter what side of the Covid debate you're on, that's the only side of the debate you'll see so yo continue to give them clicks.

Of course this feedback is two ways. Content creators post video's and see what get the most clicks, and begin doing more of that. Often they don't even believe what they post, but since that's what their audience wants, that what they post, until their online persona no longer aligns with their real self. The name of this phenomena is "Audience Capture" and it's turning out to be a real issue in online spaces, and Politics.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are a nation of laws not men. The law levels the playing field... along with Samuel Colt! smile

I already said that earlier. Laws, authority, external restraint. Without it, there is chaos. Like what we see here. No self-restraint, no "law".

We may be a nation of laws, or we used to be, but we certainly are not a forum of laws.

The arena of ideas don't need laws... that would violate the 1st amendment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It's just crazy.

So are you. Then you would have to piss and moan about protecting the little guy.

I expected you to say that. You validate my point. We all need to exercise self-control. Lacking that, we have the 24 Hour Campfire.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"Laws" is used in the context of authority, structure, etc. Like the example of your dad being the law at the dinner table if you mouth off to your mom.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

No. It's much bigger than that. It's the 24/7 propaganda news .... most don't have the vision/ critical thinking skills to see through it and end up arguing endlessly about issue they have no clue about. Covid was the perfect example. The truth has surfaced and the idiots that were fooled still won't admit it. It's a huge pshy-op

Fubar,

Take my last quote about how people today consume media, and how the purpose of media in no longer to inform but just confirm your existing beliefs, then ask yourself, how much of what people think they know about a complex subject such as Covid is really true?

Wrong again... people like Rush , Tucker etc... put in words what we are thinking and we are drawn to that.
The MSM tells their viewers what to think... it's propaganda, state controlled propaganda

How's that working out for them. Once upon a time they could do that but now, if people don't like what they hear they can go somewhere else for the self confirming, informational dopamine hit.

How much audience overlap is there between Fox News and CNN? Today, if you want to maintain audience capture you got to feed them the red meat they want or they'll switch you off go get their fix from tictok.

Did you ever wonder why Tictoc's so popular? Since the video's are very short, they get a lot of quick iterations for algo to determine what you like and don't like, so they can very quickly get to a point where they only feed you what you want to see and feed what ever biases you already have. From a profit perspective to them, it doesn't matter what side of the Covid debate you're on, that's the only side of the debate you'll see so yo continue to give them clicks.

Of course this feedback is two ways. Content creators post video's and see what get the most clicks, and begin doing more of that. Often they don't even believe what they post, but since that's what their audience wants, that what they post, until their online persona no longer aligns with their real self. The name of this phenomena is "Audience Capture" and it's turning out to be a real issue in online spaces, and Politics.

The MSM could give a rats azz about audience numbers and profit...
Content creators are the wild west... you better learn critical thinking skills pronto!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anyway, take from it what you will and read into it and out of it what you will. I enjoyed the exchange.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Laws" is used in the context of authority, structure, etc. Like the example of your dad being the law at the dinner table if you mouth off to your mom.

Should we make Bigstick or JeffO our dad here at the campfire conversation table? lol
I vote Flave... that would be awesome, no?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 45_100
They're not controlled.

The press is absolutely controlled. They all report the same thing using the same slant and repeating the same lines. The press is the propaganda arm of the democrat party which is controlled by NWO participants. By trying to avoid conspiracy theories you overlook things that are apparent.

Nope. By and large, they're just stupid, lazy cowards playing to the whims of their audiences. If anything with "journalist" getting instant feed back on their stories through clicks, watch time, comments etc., it's the audiences influencing the content creators not the other way around.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1911a1, 61 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,729
Posts18,514,326
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.