-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are creating an issue to run on. Blacks will never see a dime but they , the do gooders and the useful idiots will be motivated to vote for politicians that champion the cause. Thats a big carrot out in front of the horse. Especially if the horse is hungry.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny part is Newsom started this ball rolling and now that he realizes the stupidity of their $800 billion "solution" he's backpedaling as fast as he can. This is about to blow up in his face. Well deserved.

Never let children near the cooky jar; they just can't help themselves.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I think it's a great way for a state that never had slavery to force people who never owned slaves to pay reparations to people that never were slaves.

Brilliant!

Those commie bastids deserve the gov't they voted into orifice.

You, Sir are a genius!!! Brilliantly brilliant!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Maybe we could offer to drive a few hundred thousand from all over the south to California to get their pay off but they have to remain in California for 150 years ( Since they've been slaves for 150 years...)

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's a great way for a state that never had slavery to force people who never owned slaves to pay reparations to people that never were slaves.

Brilliant!

I'm starting to regret voting for Newsom.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If California or any other state is actually stupid enough to do this, that better be an end to all federal tax funds entering that state. I swear to Christ I will quit paying taxes. I would rather sit in jail or become jobless before I work 5 minutes for this assclownery.

Last edited by KSMITH; 05/10/23.

-Piss into the wind.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Brilliant!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LMFAO I bet you voted for that scumbag.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"Reparations" for the Negroes will never stop. They will always be demanding something, for which they in return, are required to give nothing in order to receive. They believe they are owed.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D

Brilliant!

So True! Let them rot in what they created.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I should introduce a bill in Texas for Slave reparations.

In my bill the blacks would have to pay the money back to the slave owners ancestors who paid for them, and pay death benefits to the men killed in the war to free them.

They should be thankful their ancestors suffered so they could live here.

I guess the latest estimate on Total civil deaths of 650,000 to 850,000 don't mean anything to them.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Apparently this is so far out that even Newsom has had to back away from it. Note the last sentence.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom declined to endorse the cash payments – which could reach as high as $1.2 million for a single recipient – recommended by his reparations task force, telling Fox News Digital that dealing with the legacy of slavery "is about much more than cash payments."

"The Reparations Task Force’s independent findings and recommendations are a milestone in our bipartisan effort to advance justice and promote healing. This has been an important process, and we should continue to work as a nation to reconcile our original sin of slavery and understand how that history has shaped our country," Newsom said in a statement to Fox News Digital.

While the Democratic governor applauded the task force's work, he declined to endorse any specific recommendations, though he pledged to continue to "advance systemic changes that ensure an inclusive and equitable future for all Californians."

"Dealing with that legacy is about much more than cash payments. Many of the recommendations put forward by the Task Force are critical action items we’ve already been hard at work addressing: breaking down barriers to vote, bolstering resources to address hate, enacting sweeping law enforcement and justice reforms to build trust and safety, strengthening economic mobility — all while investing billions to root out disparities and improve equity in housing, education, healthcare, and well beyond. This work must continue," he said.

"Following the Task Force’s submission of its final report this summer, I look forward to a continued partnership with the Legislature to advance systemic changes that ensure an inclusive and equitable future for all Californians."

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom will have to decide whether to support budget-busting reparations recommendations, or side against the task force he helped create. (Jane Tyska/Digital First Media/East Bay Times via Getty Images)

The task force's recommendation breaks payments down by types of historical discrimination. For instance, Black residents affected by redlining by banks would receive $3,366 for each year they lived in California from the early 1930s to the late 1970s, amounting to up to $148,099.

Similarly, Black residents could receive roughly $2,352 in compensation for over-policing and mass incarceration for each year they lived in California between 1970 and 2020. Those payments could amount to $115,260. For a Black Californian who checks enough boxes, the total payout could reach $1.2 million.

The task force’s final recommendations will soon be submitted to the California Legislature, which will then decide whether to implement the measures and send them to Newsom's desk to be signed into law.

California reparations task force meeting gets chaotic, activists call for higher paymentsVideo
"This has been a fool’s errand from the start," James Gallagher, California Assembly Republican Leader, previously told Fox News Digital.

"Democrats have promised the world with this reparations task force, and now the massive taxpayer bill is coming due. Newsom has painted himself into a corner, and he’ll have to choose between signing off on a ridiculous policy that will bankrupt the state or admitting once and for all that this task force was nothing more than a political stunt."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
As long as the funds for the so called reparations aren’t federal, only state then let em.

Until CA pensions go bankrupt and TX, WY, MT ... have to bail them out. Kinda like what we did with the Teamsters Union, General Motors and IL pensions etc.

Look at history!! Freed slaves got reparations - 5 acres and a mule. More than I ever got!! What they did with it is on them. After this round reparations there will be another and another ...

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
As long as the funds for the so called reparations aren’t federal, only state then let em.

Until CA pensions go bankrupt and TX, WY, MT ... have to bail them out. Kinda like what we did with the Teamsters Union, General Motors and IL pensions etc.

Look at history!! Freed slaves got reparations - 5 acres and a mule. More than I ever got!! What they did with it is on them. After this round reparations there will be another and another ...
Don't think for a second that reparations in any state would stay in that state. As soon as CA got in trouble, the feds would print another trillion to bail them out. Any state doing this will cost everyone in the country.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
This needs to happen.

Otherwise the Left will pin the failure on the Right.

When it fails....the left will become more powerful.

When the Left fails....the Right gets blamed. When the Right fails...the Right gets blamed.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Brilliant!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LMFAO I bet you voted for that scumbag.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, that's me.
I voted for a tall tree and a short rope.

Proud NRA Life Member
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I think the US should pay One Million dollars to every one that can provide absolute, undeniable proof that they were a slave in the USA!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just about now I would settle for a mule - already have the aches.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A million will make them immensely rich in most African countries. Only give it to them if they agree to leave the US permanently.

― George Orwell

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A million will make them immensely rich in most African countries. Only give it to them if they agree to leave the US permanently.

Slavery was ended in 1865 in the USA. Do the math...

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Virginian2
I think the US should pay One Million dollars to every one that can provide absolute, undeniable proof that they were a slave in the USA!

It would be a huge win for every representative that would vote for it and 98% of the black population would be thrilled schittless.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 3,087 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,353
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.