-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best of luck with your endeavors, sounds like a fun project.

I know a couple of folks that have put together food trucks and recall them complaining of it being a regulatory hell.

I'm sure region has a lot to do with what you may or may not encounter.

One individual that accomplished jumping all the hurdles placed before him was shut down the first day due to placing picnic tables in front of his operation.

He got the tables off site and opened back up only to be shutdown a week later by the local Fire Marshall for not having fire suppression equipment over his grill area, that took longer to resolve.

K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I spoke to sanitarian when I was in courthouse for other things. He did not see any issues with classroom. And is going to help work it through.

My understanding is the fire suppression changes when adding grease fryers which I don’t think anyone wants to do.

Montana has not gone crazy over regulating and this being nonprofit based will get a little more lea way.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dillonbuck hit it ,the bus idea is retarded use a cargo trailer then you have something to sell when it's time to bail. No don't believe me get off your ass drive down to Forsythe during Quigley week and check over the Road Runner outfit that caters the Quigley shoot. Couple of picnic tables with sun shade awning let the clubs deal with Porta potties and that other shid. You put in limited seating in a bus you will have the same loitering azzholes sitting there all day. You owe me a consulting fee but i'll let it slide this time..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It can't be that hard.........but you should have a specialty.

Exhibit "A" :

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Grilling means hood with fire suppression.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You’ll probably be way ahead buying a trailer made for this purpose sans the indoor seating

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
By buddy just sold the trailer we used for catering and as a food trailer. We sold a ton of bbq out of it. We operated of a Honda 8500W generator and it wasn’t quite enough when you were running the AC, fridge/freezer, water pump, and warmers. Total your wattage and add 20%.

In all honestly I’d say you’re money ahead buying a used trailer and changing what you need to do. If you get a bus you’re a slave to that bus. If the bus breaks you aren’t serving. A trailer can be hauled by a lot of vehicles in a pinch. Lots of Facebook groups have these things for sale. We drove 22 hours round trip to get ours, used it for 4 or 5 years, and sold if for what we had in it. All we did was enclose the rear smoker area with framed screen and install a serving window.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Grilling means hood with fire suppression.

Uh huh, but it'll be the Fire Marshall that drops by with a whole different book of regulations the Sanitation or Health Dept. has no jurisdiction of.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haven't read the thread....but you don't suppose they will make you be ADA compliant if you have seating....do ya?

I am MAGA.
K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Board has a retired building inspector, I am sure he will have lots of opinions on the ada angle.
If it is required we can add the ramp to the side and enter through end.

The trailers look like substantially more in cost, don’t offer the inside classroom space and are a little easier to steal, than the bus.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Board has a retired building inspector, I am sure he will have lots of opinions on the ada angle.

The trailers look like substantially more in cost, don’t offer the inside classroom space and are a little easier to steal, than the bus.
It’s much more than a ramp

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Water and waste wate, any commercial kitchen is going to require sinks and hand wash stations.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There’s probably a reason for they’re more expensive, but they can be had very reasonable. If you eliminate the thought of trying to have sit down dining your options open up a lot. Theft isn’t an issue with some of the new locks they have available, and some other anti theft measures. It’s not that I don’t like the bud idea; it could be really cool. A trailer seems much more practice. If you’ve ever worked in one you’ll figure out that it’s going to be tight, everyone and thing is in the way, and you’ll always wish it was bigger.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Take a tire or two off if you’re worried about theft

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
No.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

there is or was one in bigsky and some in bozeman...if you can go take a look at them....talking about buses...

one in belgrade also....bob

K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks bob we will check them out.

I found this one on line for anyone interested.

https://www.msuexponent.com/culture...32a7350-cc9c-11ec-809a-fb0425f6b050.html

Last edited by KRAKMT; 05/11/23.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,702
Posts18,494,272
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.