Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
LINK

Apparently this just came out. As the title says, the federal law prohibiting the sale of handguns to 18-20 year olds has been struck down. How broadly this applies, and whether it has been stayed pending appeal remain to be determined.

Last edited by denton; 05/11/23.

Be not weary in well doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gracias Denton.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting, is about time. If they are old enough to die for this country then by all that's holy, they are old enough to own handguns. Next the 21 age limit on alcohol needs to be reversed as well....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope the whole thing topples. NFA's and ATF along with it.

Pretty contradictory to have a Constitutional Amendment clearly say "Shall not be infringed".... Then have thousands of laws and an entire federal agency to do nothing BUT infringe in it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MPat70
Interesting, is about time. If they are old enough to die for this country then by all that's holy, they are old enough to own handguns. Next the 21 age limit on alcohol needs to be reversed as well....
Odds are you won't get that done on Constitution grounds though.

Open that link and read the bottom 2/3 of page 37.

It won't let me copy and paste, so you'll have to read it or take my word.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Interesting read.

Does "We the People" include 18 year olds?

This Federal Judge, Eastern District of Virginia says yes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Pretty contradictory to have a Constitutional Amendment clearly say "Shall not be infringed".... Then have thousands of laws and an entire federal agency to do nothing BUT infringe in it.
Barry, bottom of page 18, all of 19, and I think some of 20 deals with some context of the word "infringed" in relation to this case and others.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Barry, bottom of page 18, all of 19, and I think some of 20 deals with some context of the word "infringed" in relation to this case and others.

Yeah, I was still reading on that, and agree with the document that "infringed" relates to not a right granted by our govt, but a God given right to protect one's self, family, property, etc.

For a fairly simple document drafted by our founding fathers, the Constitution meant to limit only the federal govt., and all other powers being held by the states or citizens, it's sure turned into a major cluster with that very fed/gov doing everything they can muster to grab those powers taken from them in the Constitution.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
For a fairly simple document drafted by our founding fathers, the Constitution meant to limit only the federal govt., and all other powers being held by the states or citizens, it's sure turned into a major cluster with that very fed/gov doing everything they can muster to grab those powers taken from them in the Constitution.

Our Founding Fathers were geniuses. Current politicians, not so much.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Next the 21 age limit on alcohol needs to be reversed as well....

Great idea. Let's make it easier for all the mentally ill, emotionally and intellectually weak children to buy alcohol. Today's 18 year old has the maturity of a 14 year old in 1990.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Interestingly the last time the age to buy alcohol was made 18 I was just over the line, when it went to 21 again I was there. I was always a social drinker and too much of a control freak to like being drunk.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yup.

1971, anticipating orders to Vietnam. 19 years old. Couldn't vote, couldn't buy a beer, damn sure couldn't buy a handgun!

Rest of the story, those orders didn't come. Served my three stateside. Bless those who did go over, and welcome home!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That would be something wouldn't it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

While not in favor of lowering the age on alcohol consumption ( I don't drink alcohol ), I like what my home state of Virginia had when I was in High School and College. The age to buy alcohol was 21, UNLESS you were a member of the US Military.
If you had a military ID card, 18 was legal...

another crazy thing was over in the District, drinking age was 17 yrs 6 months. in 1969 and 1970.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
LINK

Apparently this just came out. As the title says, the federal law prohibiting the sale of handguns to 18-20 year olds has been struck down. How broadly this applies, and whether it has been stayed pending appeal remain to be determined.
But they just gave us a new 4473 at ridiculous cost, I'm sure.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Page 5 of the linked document says.

An FFL is prohibited from selling and handgun to a person under the age of 21, but a person under 21is Not Prohibited from Owning or Possessing.

So 18-20 year old according to Federal law can own or possess, they just can’t purchase .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We either need to recognize adults at 18 or 21. And with it all the rights , privileges and responsibilities that come with being an adult.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
We either need to recognize adults at 18 or 21. And with it all the rights , privileges and responsibilities that come with being an adult.
Agreed!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Agreed!
The argument used is that their young minds are not developed properly yet.

In the same breath, they will say that 12 year old is mature enough to make the life changing decision to have his nuts chopped off, or her breasts removed.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by steve4102
Page 5 of the linked document says.

An FFL is prohibited from selling and handgun to a person under the age of 21, but a person under 21is Not Prohibited from Owning or Possessing.

So 18-20 year old according to Federal law can own or possess, they just can’t purchase .

In Indiana, 18 year olds can legally carry a handgun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 3,179 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,965
Posts18,499,229
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.