Jordan (goat and it isnt close)
Bird
Johnson
Bryant
Erving
In order for me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great video HawkI! A lot of the 71 season in that video.

All American

All the time
H
HawkI Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Hate basketball these days, but here we go
Bird
Johnson
Bryant
Erving
In order for me

Why is Jordan the best in your book?

Be empirical here.

H
HawkI Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Remember Bird swept Jorden as a broken down old player. Rules all changed for Jorden to shine
Let’s not forget Wilt.
Ever see wilt and Shaq standing togather
Then you relize how imposing a figure he was.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There's Jordan, then everyone else. If Shaq would have been guarding Wilt, Wilt would have had 50% less points than he had.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
There's Jordan, then everyone else. If Shaq would have been guarding Wilt, Wilt would have had 50% less points than he had.

Nah, Wilt would have made Shaq look foolish in lots of ways. He was much more skilled than Shaq.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a big fan of the NBA from the late 70s up through the end of the Jordan era and played small college basketball back in the late 80s/early 90s. The best I ever saw play was Jordan,. Bird and Magic were not far behind. Dr J, Hakeem, Dominique were on a similar level. I did not watch Jabar in his prime. I never saw the Big O, Elgin Baylor Bill Russell or Jerry West except in old clips. I have casually watched Kobe, Shaq, Lebron and Curry enough to see they were/are great players.

All that said, I believe Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest player of all time. Almost all of the video there is of him is from the twilight of his career and he is still dominant. He was the most athletic big man I have ever seen. Stories and anecdotes from other NBA greats confirm that he as dominant against younger, then current players even into his mid 40s while playing pickup ball at Magic's gym. He was not just a scorer though. He was a great passer, rebounder, shot blocker as well.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never watched much NBA. Quit when Bird retired. I was too young to see him play in college. ISU is in the same conference as my alma meter SIU. His last game in that arena sill (and will now forever) holds the attendance record.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
Bird
Johnson
Bryant
Erving
In order for me

Be empirical here.
He did things no one else did. He carried the bulls to all those championships. Pippen was good, but Jordan was always the reason why that team dominated for so many years. If it wasnt for his dad dying and him stepping away for a couple years, they would have won 8 straight. Look at the bulls when he was away from the game. They were pratically nothing. Insert Jordan back in and more championships. Most dominate player in my lifetime

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Nah, Wilt would have made Shaq look foolish in lots of ways. He was much more skilled than Shaq.

Shaq's too big, and mobile enough. Wilt wouldn't get within 6 feet of the bucket if Shaq didn't want him to. Jordan had the very best defensive players on him every night, and he still did whatever, whenever he wanted. Greatest ever, not remotely close. Pippen didn't make a pimple on Jordan's asss.

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/15/23.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
HawkI Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Bird
Johnson
Bryant
Erving
In order for me

Be empirical here.
He did things no one else did. He carried the bulls to all those championships. Pippen was good, but Jordan was always the reason why that team dominated for so many years. If it wasnt for his dad dying and him stepping away for a couple years, they would have won 8 straight. Look at the bulls when he was away from the game. They were pratically nothing. Insert Jordan back in and more championships. Most dominate player in my lifetime

Jordan didn't win anything until he got a team and a great all time head coach, which is true for every NBA dynasty.

No doubt about it, the Bulls were ridiculous, so was Jordan.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Shaq's too big, and mobile enough. Wilt wouldn't get within 6 feet of the bucket if Shaq didn't want him to. Jordan had the very best defensive players on him every night, and he still did whatever, whenever he wanted. Greatest ever, not remotely close. Pippen didn't make a pimple on Jordan's asss.

Wilt didn’t need to get within six feet of the bucket. He could actually shoot. His fade away was deadly. Shaq sould have been defenseless against that.

H
HawkI Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H

Shaq couldn't even play the entire 48 minutes in a game.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jordan didn't win anything until he got a team and a great all time head coach, which is true for every NBA dynasty.

Yep. He was a nothingburger at UNC.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wilt
Jordon
Russel

Everybody else you could name

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
LARRY BIRD !

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

The Dream made Shaw look foolish, Wilt would have too.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 2five7
John Stockton. Besides being the best true PG ever, he stood up to all the wokesters regarding the vax-scene and masks. His alma matter, Gonzaga, revoked his season tickets over not wearing a mask to a game. Imagine doing that to the guy that put you on the basketball map. He has not been to a game since.
Stockton was a great player and assist guy; but Curry would dominate him. Really, no contest. Stocktons best game in his career was 34 points; Curry has 252 games over 30 and 51 over 30 IN THE PLAYOFFS. His 50 point game recently in game 7 was one of the best athletic performances I have ever watched. After watching that; Curry is my best point guard ever.
YMMV

H
HawkI Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Yep. He was a nothingburger at UNC.

Yeah, no stacked team or great coach there.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 32 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.