Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So if it came from the skies, is the insurance company going to deny any claim, calling it an act of God?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Carbon dating is a hoax. They throw these big numbers at you so they look like they are doing something. They need the big numbers to make the theory of evolution work. Which it doesn’t. Just another hoax.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TwoTall
Carbon dating is a hoax. They throw these big numbers at you so they look like they are doing something. They need the big numbers to make the theory of evolution work. Which it doesn’t. Just another hoax.

Carbon dating is not used for rocks that old.

Strike one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Carbon dating is useful only to about 60,000 years past, assuming there is enough carbon left to be dated. The farther back one goes, the wider the parameters (margin of error) get with any method, partly to do with diminishing material to work with, both in quantity and half-life. Carbon dating is used for dating carbon based organic sources. Carbon 14 is renewed daily as long as anything is alive, but not after death. It then deteriorates at a known half-life rate into Carbon 12, the stable form.

One of the most widely used is potassium–argon dating (K–Ar dating). Potassium-40 is a radioactive isotope of potassium that decays into argon-40. The half-life of potassium-40 is 1.3 billion years, far longer than that of carbon-14, allowing much older samples to be dated. Unlike carbon 14 , it is no longer being renewed on a daily basis.

I think- I could be wrong! But that's what I've gleaned over the years, and more specifically, today from Google.

Last edited by las; 05/14/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It has certainly gotten a bad name lately, but science is pretty reputable. Real science, that is, as opposed to the humbuggery of invented religion or "everything deniers."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t live in Jersey because a dude in a hoodie came right into my personal space as I opened my door at a gas pump and I slammed him hard.

Come to find out after the cop showed up you can’t pump your own gas and he was an attendant. I told the cops maybe he should wear a name tag or a station logo next time.

They let me go on my way.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by JeffyD
New Jersey need to get hit by a bigger one than that.

Much bigger.

At least in Trenton.

NJ has some schidtholes, Trenton makes the list.

But Camden....?
Camden is the àsshole of Philthadelphia.
That's special!💩💩💩💩💩💩

I had to make 2 deliveries to Camden from S. Carolina in the big rig. The third time, I told them if they issued me orders to Camden I would resign. They found someone else to take that trip.
Camden, what a garbage dump.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Evolution in and of itself as a process of change can be conclusively proven in a HS science class in about 3 weeks. Over and over.

You likely take issue with macroevolution. Ok. If so, thats fair.

Moreso the origins of life, which is just a WAG scientifically.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by smokepole

Strike one.

Yep.

The phrase Carbon dating is often used with a broader brush than is intended. Radiometric dating is the phrase he meant.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It has certainly gotten a bad name lately, but science is pretty reputable. Real science, that is, as opposed to the humbuggery of invented religion or "everything deniers."

Yep. It ebbs and flows. Deservedly so too.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by JeffyD
New Jersey need to get hit by a bigger one than that.

Much bigger.

At least in Trenton.

NJ has some schidtholes, Trenton makes the list.

But Camden....?
Camden is the àsshole of Philthadelphia.
That's special!💩💩💩💩💩💩

Both are simply disgusting. At this point there's several locations that would be far better off getting leveled and starting fresh.

For a small state loaded with liberals, nestled between 2 or 3 metropolis's, and 75% controlled by Scoialists, Jersey still has some beautiful gems of locations. Fewer and fewer, but still some great places in NJ.

If I could transport my family and their houses and final years of career to another state I'd snap my fingers.

It pisses me off immensely to see other "RED" states allow themselves to become purple and blue. What the hell are you guys thinking? Cnat you look at NJ and learn for crying out loud?

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole

Strike one.
How about Rb/Sr?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ringman
Okay, Ringman, so you're saying that they are making an EDUCATED guess, not just a wild-ass one. Which seems pretty good to me.
That's because you have been brainwashed for decades in government schools and TV.

What is your guess the age is?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike
4.5 billion years old, it's great that we have people smart enough to age this stuff.
and those same eggheads will tell you a man can get pregnant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
Carbon dating is useful only to about 60,000 years past, assuming there is enough carbon left to be dated. The farther back one goes, the wider the parameters (margin of error) get with any method, partly to do with diminishing material to work with, both in quantity and half-life. Carbon dating is used for dating carbon based organic sources. Carbon 14 is renewed daily as long as anything is alive, but not after death. It then deteriorates at a known half-life rate into Carbon 12, the stable form.

One of the most widely used is potassium–argon dating (K–Ar dating). Potassium-40 is a radioactive isotope of potassium that decays into argon-40. The half-life of potassium-40 is 1.3 billion years, far longer than that of carbon-14, allowing much older samples to be dated. Unlike carbon 14 , it is no longer being renewed on a daily basis.

I think- I could be wrong! But that's what I've gleaned over the years, and more specifically, today from Google.

Maybe you folks could explain why ALL coal, and even diamonds, and petrified wood can be CARBON dated.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Evolution in and of itself as a process of change can be conclusively proven in a HS science class in about 3 weeks. Over and over.

You likely take issue with macroevolution. Ok. If so, thats fair.

Moreso the origins of life, which is just a WAG scientifically.

Wild ass guesses are NOT scientific.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Ringman
Okay, Ringman, so you're saying that they are making an EDUCATED guess, not just a wild-ass one. Which seems pretty good to me.
That's because you have been brainwashed for decades in government schools and TV.

What is your guess the age is?

I got a GED when I was fifty-one years old. And even with my limited education I realize no one can give even a reasonable guess.

I do know at least two Ph.D. geologists broke a rock into multiple pieces and sent them to different labs. The range in ages was more than a billion years. And that is suppose to be believed.

Why do you think every year Ph.D. scientists become Creations?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
FYG,

Yoda

PS: Afterwards you can work on your sense of humor

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
4.5 billion years old, it's great that we have people smart enough to age this stuff.

Radiometric dating is not all it’s cracked up to be.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

seriously DD

That's not the only reason

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 160user, 21, 260madman, 47 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,357
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.