Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Through sheer good luck, I ended up meeting the guy who runs pre64win.com and getting a tour of the shop this weekend. These guys are a one-stop shop for restoring and upgrading pre-64 Model 70 Winchesters.

If you’re not familiar with them, they are a comprehensive resource for pre-64 Model 70 enthusiasts. They’re also a federally licensed type 1 firearms dealer. Things have gone well enough for the founder to add a full-time rifle smith, someone to refinish and checker stocks, and a clerical person to keep the whole thing afloat.

The shop reminded me of the time I got a private tour of the vault at Champlin Arms in Enid, OK. Not the same variety of goods, but they go wide and deep on pre-64 Model 70s: drawers full of parts, dozens of complete rifles, stocks, and barrels, and vintage optics and mounts.

Most of their work is restoration, and the projects I saw in the shop reminded me of the solid, classic, elegant work that you see from Heirloom Precision, Turnbull Restoration, and similar shops. They can also build custom rifles—but only on pre-64 Model 70 Winchester actions.

If you like pre-64 Model 70s, then you need to know about these guys.

Let me know if you have questions.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Most guys that frequent the Winchester collectors forum here knows about pre64win.com. Their prices are too high though, but they have a good selection of parts. Jason used to stop by here and chat every once in a while. The other day my buddy really needed a pre 64 winchester part and I reluctantly told him to check pre64win.com. They had the part, but it was 3 times higher priced than other places. The key was they actually had it in stock. Sometimes you have to pay the fn piper. Oh yes, I razzed my buddy. Telling him I paid as much for my rifle as he did for a bottom metal. Bwahhhaaa...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Excellent outfit. Great resource. Good service. But you are definitely going to pay a premium!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If it’s there when you need it, is it a premium?
The inventory on Pre 64 rifles is a limited quantity. There are deals out there when some of the older generation unloads their stash. But if you need it right now, someone who has stock on hand is a godsend.
Now if you could find me a an early stock for a Browning Double Auto we might be able to work something out. I have two off eBay that are from different browning runs and don’t fit. Still looking.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 33 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,162
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.