Print Thread
Hop To
T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Lightfoot scope mount, can't remember what model it went on, I am sure Mike will chime in and tell me how to measure. At this point I won't need any more.
missing tang screws and one front screw..
shipped to your door...$160.00 , condition is just like it came from Mike...except for the missing screw's.
1st " I will take it, followed by pm" gets it.

Last edited by texken; 04/30/23.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If it's not the 1899 mount, the others I made for you are for the guns above 220K.

Contact me for screws if you need them.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll take this Ken, PM sent

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Jeff!

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They'll be going for twice that soon enough.

LOL
IC B2

J
J
Hello, my son recently came into ownership of a nice 1927 Savage 99 V1 S2. It is equipped with a Lightfoot mount and a Weaver 7X scope. I don't know if the original rear sight is still in place or if it has been removed. I won't actually see the rifle until the beginning of next month. In the meantime, could you describe what the original rear sight would look like, picture if you have one. Thanks. Tom

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The rear sight has to be removed to install the mount.

Not sure what model you are describing but in 1927 it is most likely the Flattop Sporter. Do you intend to remove the mount? I have sights if you need one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
J
I realized, moments after I hit the "Post" button, that the rear sight would have to be removed to accommodate the mount.
I have managed to find a Flattop Sporter sight.
I am interested in the sight elevator that has the adjustment screw in your pic.
My son's rifle is a 99A Version 1 Style 2 with the tapered round barrel and a ramp front sight. Serial #: 3063XX.
Let me know what I need to do to buy that elevator.
Thanks, Tom

J
J
Also, to answer your question. I do not plan to remove the mount. My son may want to replace the scope with something with less power. Given the value of the mount, I will encourage him to hang on to it even if he decides to replace it with the Sporter in the interest of period authentic. Thanks again. Tom

J
J
I may not be sending my messages to the right place. Did you receive a note from me expressing interest in the sight elevator with the adjusting screw? Tom

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Haven't seen a message anywhere but I'm not wild about separating an elevator from the sight. I like to keep them as a set.

Maybe someone has an odd one laying around? I'll check with a guy I know.

J
J
Thanks, I understand re keeping the set together.
I've sent two messages to texken that I intended fo you. I'll copy/paste those FYI.

I realized, moments after I hit the "Post" button, that the rear sight would have to be removed to accommodate the mount.
I am interested in the sight elevator that has the adjustment screw in your pic.
My son's rifle is a 99A Version 1 Style 2 with the 24" tapered round barrel and a ramp front sight. Serial #: 3063XX.
Thanks, Tom

Also, to answer your question. I do not plan to remove the mount. My son may want to replace the scope with something with less power. Given the value of the mount, I will encourage him to hang on to it even if he decides to replace it with the Sporter in the interest of period authentic. Thanks again. Tom

J
J
I am trying to get messages to Lightfoot.
Lightfoot, are you receiving my messages?

Thanks, I understand re keeping the set together.
I've sent two messages to texken that I intended fo you. I'll copy/paste those FYI.

My son's rifle is a 99A Version 1 Style 2 with the 24" tapered round barrel and a ramp front sight. Serial #: 3063XX.
Thanks, Tom

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
By 'messages' I believe you are referring to your posts here in this thread. I am seeing all of them. As a new subscriber you cannot send or receive Private Messages.

If you want to pursue the elevator purchase send an email to: Lightfootmountgmail.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is an interesting Marbles sight-the almost discontinued 95 fold-down sporting rear sight.
It is a well made sight that provides a back-up capability to the Lyman rear aperture sight. My 1952 EG 250-3000 has both of these sights
and I am not in a hurry to remove either sight-as long as my eyes hold out. I have the Marbles 95 on a couple of pre-war Model 71 Winchesters, including one chambered in 450 Alaskan-with Lyman 56.
With homestead land in Alaska, the problem with back-up sighting systems is real. Ideally, a Lyman 56 receiver sight and a Marbles 95 is in use on a few of my M-71s.

A problem that might surface in the outback with a sight is that you are far from a gunsmith or your cabin work bench. Old timers used a backup system or continued to use only
the factory sporting rear sight as found on the 1886 Winchesters or Savage 1899. The Marbles 95 sight allows the use of another sight quite well.

Last edited by 450Fuller; 05/20/23.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,980 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,832
Posts18,517,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.