B
For a small autoloader?

Requirements:

Reduces printing
Keeps lint to a minimum
Not in the way when you need to access your pistol
Lasts
Professional grade

Although an option, I suppose, the Uncle Mikes version from Wally World probably wont be the right answer

Your Thoughts?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Desantis Nemisis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like my ElPaso Saddlery pocket holster for smallish autos. (Sig P365)

Have a Galco pocket holster for my Colt detective Special, but don't like the "lip" on the top of it.

It does help keep the holster in my pocket when drawing the gun.

Virgil B.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use an Alabama pocket holster for my Glock 42s and Sig P365-380. You can get it with or without the magazine release button covered. I have seen one person argue that the Vedder pocket locker holster is a better design of the same type holster because it has two grommets for a more secure fit of the two panels. I don't see a cover for the magazine release button as an option. I have no personal experience with that one. Each one has a curvature, so it is hand specific. You still get dust around the muzzle.

You can get smaller nylon holsters, but I like a hard shell holster for striker guns, especially the Sig.

YMMV.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Desantis Nemisis

Those work great. I switch off between that and a Don Hume depending on the pocket.

https://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=31

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
For a small autoloader:

Although an option, I suppose, the Uncle Mikes version from Wally World
probably wont be the right answer. Your Thoughts?

For many years I've purchased holsters in various configurations for compact concealed carry handguns.
Most work well, as intended... But for pure simplicity, and comfort - The Uncle Mike pocket holster,
and some 'like' brands work best for me. Especially for jacket side pocket or side pants pocket.

My handgun seems perfectly accessible, snag free, lint free, debris free - and comfortable.

I'm not Quick Draw McGraw - But I'm deliberate.

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Haven’t tried a leather pocket holster yet but I went through a few fabric and rubber style pocket holsters before I got a Remora brand pocket holster for my kahr P380 and I have been happy with it. Right blend of durability and tacky fabric outside and it’s easy to wash and get sticky again if I get it too dirty. Got another one for my S&W 642. Use them both as pocket holsters and depending on how I’m dressed they work well as an inside the waist band holster as well.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Desantis Nemisis
I use this same holster for pocket carry and it works very well for me.

IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
For a small autoloader?

Requirements:

Reduces printing
Keeps lint to a minimum
Not in the way when you need to access your pistol
Lasts
Professional grade

Although an option, I suppose, the Uncle Mikes version from Wally World probably wont be the right answer

Your Thoughts?
You forgot one important feature - non-hydroscopic
You can get such holsters for under $20 all day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use these: https://stickyholsters.com/sm-5.html

"The outside skin is a super non-slip material that, with a little pressure, adheres to just about anything. That outer material combined with the inner closed-cell foam and the inner liner keep your pistol and the holster securely in place. In the pocket, it works like any other pocket holster. However, when you pull the gun, the outer layer grabs the inside of your pocket. Our modular products use the same “Sticky” material against itself to hold the holster and gun in place. In addition, with use and body heat, your Sticky Holster will conform to your particular gun, making a custom fit." https://stickyholsters.com/what-is-a-sticky-holster

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have a pocket holster for my Sig 365 that is made by Blackhawk! gear. It's a size 2. The gun slips out of the inside easily, but the outside clings to the inside of your pocket. It's a plastic/fabric sort of stuff. I had reservations about putting a striker-fired gun in it but, try as I may, I can't get the trigger to pull when the gun is in it.

For me, something the size of a 365 is just too awkward to get my hand around and draw with any speed and decisiveness. It would probably only work for me in a jeans back pocket, so I almost always defer to IWB for carrying concealed.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use Alabama pocket holsters too for the j frame airweight and one for the glock 43x - works good so far.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out Gunners custom holsters..... I'm not affiliated just a satisfied customer after looking for years

Gunner's Custom Holsters

Established in 2012
"Failure is not an Option"

About me: I am a retired Infantry Weapons Officer known as a Marine Gunner USMC/0306 with 23 years of service. I’m also a NRA Training Counselor, NRA Firearms Instructor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, Certified Glock Instructor, Certified Glock Armorer, Foreign Weapons Instructor, Concealed Carry Instructor for Arizona & North Carolina.

About Gunner’s Custom Holsters: I will customize your order to your needs/wants starting with the color, type (inside the waistband or outside the waistband), appendix, small of the back, pocket holsters, magazine carriers, knife sheaths, trigger guards and my patented Hook holster. I offer a variety of colors, patterns and attached clip options for all shooters.

Unlike leather and nylon holsters kydex maintains its shape allowing the shooter to holster smoothly every time. Every holster is tested with numerous draws and with a "jump test" to ensure solid retention while still allowing a smooth draw and presentation.

I stand by my product and those who carry my gear. With all my holsters there is a lifetime warranty if you ever have an issue get it back to me and I will make it right.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 300_savage, 17CalFan, 19 invisible), 1,325 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,126
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.