-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
With Lake Shasta nearly full this spring, more water has begun to seep out of the face of Shasta Dam, on the side opposite the lake.

Who thinks the dam would leak water thru the dam into the lake.

'Here's your sign'

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Was the reporter from Texas?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks for the smile, Randy.
Sounds like a .gov bureaucrat speaking.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Was the reporter from Texas?

Not sure.

https://news.yahoo.com/fuller-lake-shasta-more-water-230004222.html

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good morning Randy and Mark! and to Jo and Joy.

This is Lake Shasta, just south of me... in CALIFORNIA..

you wouldn't believe how low its been for a long number of years...

so I can easily see where the reporter might be clueless in the concept of how a damn works...

High chance DRUGS was involved in coming to this conclusion... after all, We're Talking California here...

Hell it might of even been Gavin Gruesome who's the one who made this observation, or his Aunt Nancy Pelosi.

The Same Gavin Gruesome that the DemocRATS want to put in the White House to replace KaLAmama Ding Dong ( from California also) as VP, to take over for Joe O'Biden when he can't run the White House anymore, much less the country.

Small example of what the nation is dealing with from the DNCC...

Pray for our nation....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pretty well gives us a thumbnail view of modern journalism.
As an anecdote, I went with one of my kids on a elementary school class trip, maybe 1990?, to get the grand tour of Shasta Dam. We got to go down in the dam core itself in the small inspection and penstock access tunnels....sonofabitch leaks like a DOJ investigation. The tunnels have gratings you walk on with an alarming amount of water running beneath you. Of course we asked the Bureau of Reclamation engineer/guide about it...he claimed the dam was built in the style of blocks or Legos, to avoid rigidity to withstand the inevitable forces of millions of tons of water settling the earths crust, and earthquakes. After 9/11 all public access was denied. Too bad, an awesome experience.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman03
With Lake Shasta nearly full this spring, more water has begun to seep out of the face of Shasta Dam, on the side opposite the lake.

Who thinks the dam would leak water thru the dam into the lake.

'Here's your sign'

Indeed. The vast majority of "news" reporters don't know anything about anything. That goes double for the headline writers.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Seafire

so I can easily see where the reporter might be clueless in the concept of how a damn works...

High chance DRUGS was involved in coming to this conclusion... after all, We're Talking California here...

Hell it might of even been Gavin Gruesome who's the one who made this observation, or his Aunt Nancy Pelosi.

The Same Gavin Gruesome that the DemocRATS want to put in the White House to replace KaLAmama Ding Dong ( from California also) as VP, to take over for Joe O'Biden when he can't run the White House anymore, much less the country.

Pray for our nation....

Realistically, when considering drugs, is there a difference between Oregon and California?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Center Hill dam, just west of Cookeville Tennessee, had a big leak through the concrete that sprayed a jet of water about 20 feet for many years. Less than half a mile downstream of the dam was Interstate 40. I often wondered about that leak, every time I'd travel that area of I-40 on my way to college at Tennessee Tech.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Pretty well gives us a thumbnail view of modern journalism.
As an anecdote, I went with one of my kids on a elementary school class trip, maybe 1990?, to get the grand tour of Shasta Dam. We got to go down in the dam core itself in the small inspection and penstock access tunnels....sonofabitch leaks like a DOJ investigation. The tunnels have gratings you walk on with an alarming amount of water running beneath you. Of course we asked the Bureau of Reclamation engineer/guide about it...he claimed the dam was built in the style of blocks or Legos, to avoid rigidity to withstand the inevitable forces of millions of tons of water settling the earths crust, and earthquakes. After 9/11 all public access was denied. Too bad, an awesome experience.

I did the internal tour of Hoover dam years ago and it really is incredible. It’s not just a big chunk of concrete.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N

Pray for our nation....

Gavin Gruesome…. I like that.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Pray for our nation....

Realistically, when considering drugs, is there a difference between Oregon and California?

P

Cheaper in Oregon?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Shasta Dam tours have reopened.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Poorly educated and clueless millennial and Gen Z bots now fill the "newsrooms".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I laugh at all the news reports of "dead" bodies found. Each body that I've located had no need for the preceding adjective.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1minute
I laugh at all the news reports of "dead" bodies found. Each body that I've located had no need for the preceding adjective.
Well, the saying "dead body" is less objectionable than having a writer use "dead corpse" I guess.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This reminds me of a story a comedian told of his nephew that was a little off. The nephew was visiting the comedian's new lake house one night. The nephew pointed out that it was a good thing that he had so many lights in the lake house "because all those windows sure would let in a lot of dark."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been in the tours thru Glen Canyon and Grand Coulee dams.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,655
Posts18,493,483
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.