Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
https://katv.com/amp/news/local/ark...titution-supreme-court-tom-mars-law-firm

Long story short a school district in southern AR had pics posted of students reading the Bible (3rd party donated- most likely the Gideons) and the students were reading them as was their right. Also there were pics of kids at the district’s preschool praying at lunch, also their right.

Needless to say libs went apoplectic.

Get a load of this steaming pile of horse nuggets from the Freedom From Religion Foundation:

“People just really want to be able to send their children to school, especially young children, knowing that teachers and everyone else in the school is going to respect parents' right to determine how they raise their children," she said.

I wonder how she feels about trans grooming in schools. But I know I don’t have to ask.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I’ve always questioned the strength in the belief system of folks who go nuts at the mere mention of Jesus or the Bible. It doesn’t appear they are very confident at all.

I find it sad that people don’t believe, but in the end it is their choice. No need to get all worked up about it. I merely want them to have the information so they can make an informed choice.

Dust off your feet and move on.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/21/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by philgood80
https://katv.com/amp/news/local/ark...titution-supreme-court-tom-mars-law-firm

Long story short a school district in southern AR had pics posted of students reading the Bible (3rd party donated- most likely the Gideons) and the students were reading them as was their right. Also there were pics of kids at the district’s preschool praying at lunch, also their right.

Needless to say libs went apoplectic.

Get a load of this steaming pile of horse nuggets from the Freedom From Religion Foundation:

“People just really want to be able to send their children to school, especially young children, knowing that teachers and everyone else in the school is going to respect parents' right to determine how they raise their children," she said.

I wonder how she feels about trans grooming in schools. But I know I don’t have to ask.

Yes , drag queen story hour would be perfectly fine with her type.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"I wont trample on your right to NOT believe - if you don't trample on my right TO believe."

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Freedom to practice and believe in whatever religion is our right. Freedom to advertise and push your religion on government property is not... if your not OK with that put your kids in private school.

Phil

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Freedom to practice and believe in whatever religion is our right. Freedom to advertise and push your religion on government property is not... if your not OK with that put your kids in private school.

Phil
You are actually wrong. The first amendment prevents the federal government from enacting a government sponsored religion. That is all. The often quoted “separation of church and state” appears nowhere in our constitution or any other legally binding document I am aware of.

In the early days of our country, several states actually had a state religion. This was permissible. Only the federal government was not allowed to do this.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

(Situation A.) Under the “establishment” clause of the First Amendment, and in line with U.S. Supreme Court rulings, public schools may not impose prayer or other religious practices on students, even if students are not required to participate. The first religion clause says government and its agencies are prohibited from establishing or requiring religion, including official attempts to impose or instill beliefs in students. This prohibition prevents government from setting up a national religion, and from favoring one religion over another. Therefore, prayers may not be broadcast over the school public-address system.

(Situation B.) Under the “free exercise” clause of the First Amendment, and in line with U.S. Supreme Court rulings, public schools may not prevent students from expressing or sharing religious beliefs, as long as their doing so does not disrupt the school. The second religion clause says government and its agencies may not forbid or interfere with individuals’ practice of religion. Public school students therefore may pray, alone or in groups, silently or aloud, as long as classes and non-participating students are not disturbed. Students may bring religious texts to school and read and discuss them.

In other words, public schools can not be for or against any religion, or seemingly to suggest one or the other or any.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In other words, public schools can not be for or against any religion, or seemingly to suggest one or the other or any.

Phil
Yes, they can't make, say, the Church of England the official US church. But they can promote Christianity, which is not a religion.

Politics is War by Other Means
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
No they can't.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No they can't.

Phil
I understand you are going by flawed decisions. I am going by logical and moral consistency.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It ain’t hypocrisy.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Phil
Yes, they can't make, say, the Church of England the official US church. But they can promote Christianity, which is not a religion.
Whoa there Tyrone...there are about 20 major case law decisions that at the VERY LEAST require equal exposure to creationism and evolution science.
Epperson v Arkansas is probably the most famous...the state of Ark passed a law banning instruction of evolution, Louisiana also.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No they can't.

Phil
I understand you are going by flawed decisions. I am going by logical and moral consistency.
I’m going by the actual text of the first amendment.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Phil
Christianity is absolutely a "Religion" composed of many denominations.

A Religion which about 75% of the world would claim is false, despite millions dying in wars which attempted to forcibly convert the rest of the world to Christianity.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Phil
Christianity is absolutely a "Religion" composed of many denominations.
No, the Lutheran Church is a religion. SBC is a religion. LDS is a religion. The 1st Amendment was added to prevent the establishment of a "Church of the US" in the mold of the Church of England, an official state church.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Since the title is about leftist hypocrisy - I see that Sen. Fetterfloogy is making a habit of wearing a hoody and shorts during sessions of congress. That's strictly against the senate dress codes which have been held to tight standards for 250 years. They're just ignoring his flaunting of their own rules. The sgt at arms is charged with enforcing the rules but the current one, Karen Gibson, is a Schumer appointee who seems a bit on the left wing side.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The school isn’t imposing or pushing anything. Third parties are allowed to pass out bibles and the Gideons have been doing so for decades. Technically I guess the church of satan could pass out texts.

JoeBob: My comment about hypocrisy was in the content of the statement about parents having the right to raise their kids how they see fit.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mark shubert
"I wont trample on your right to NOT believe - if you don't trample on my right TO believe."

Thank you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.