Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Our church has a security team 7 days a week.

Texas bred and born

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a security team at my church.
I like working at the front door, welcoming people into church (Sunday AM service). It gives me the chance to see everyone coming into church. Always looking for weapons of any kind. Large bags and or backpacks are not allowed in church. Baby strollers get checked; baby goes to nursery.
Me and our team, take this Ministry very serious. It's our job to make sure everyone in our church is safe and can enjoy the message. At the time of church service starting all the doors are locked, to prevent an unwelcomed person entering the church building.
Everyone on our team is armed, we also have 2-way radios and cell phones.

On average there is about 6 people armed during our services.

There is a training website you can watch if needed it's called Sheepdog Church Security Academy. It's on through Facebook.

Only hint I can offer is, train together. Always stay calm. Use your head.

The person you may have to deal with, maybe a member of your church, someone you might think would never do such a heinous act.
When service is over, Pastor is outside fellowshipping with church members/people as they exit the church building; I'm always there watching his 6. Along with other team members monitoring the parking lot.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have a group of armed men hanging around all the time on Sundays. Nobody knows who they are.

Question: I have a pistol with a factory laser sight. I've never used it other than to sight it in. All of my shooting is outside and if there's any sun, the laser isn't bright enough to see. I have to sight it in on a cloudy day or in the evening. Inside it should be plenty bright.
How useful would laser sights be against a shooter? In theory, it looks like they'd be great but are they, really?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I like working at the front door, welcoming people into church (Sunday AM service). It gives me the chance to see everyone coming into church. Always looking for weapons of any kind. Large bags and or backpacks are not allowed in church. Baby strollers get checked; baby goes to nursery.
Me and our team, take this Ministry very serious. It's our job to make sure everyone in our church is safe and can enjoy the message. At the time of church service starting all the doors are locked, to prevent an unwelcomed person entering the church building.

There is a training website you can watch if needed it's called Sheepdog Church Security Academy. It's on through Facebook.

The person you may have to deal with, maybe a member of your church, someone you might think would never do such a heinous act.
When service is over, Pastor is outside fellowshipping with church members/people as they exit the church building; I'm always there watching his 6. Along with other team members monitoring the parking lot.

Take care.

It's pretty sick that one has to resort to this, Unfortunately we live in these times.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's no logical reason why we should have to resort to barring the doors of schools, either, but there it is. A sick mind knows no logic. Satan has them in a grip that no man can break. Only the Lord can deal with them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Take care.

It's pretty sick that one has to resort to this, Unfortunately we live in these times.

Should add: During the service, we have people outside as well.
We also have cameras in use.

We try to keep it as safe as can be.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's no logical reason why we should have to resort to barring the doors of schools, either, but there it is. A sick mind knows no logic. Satan has them in a grip that no man can break. Only the Lord can deal with them.

So true.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I Pray I never have to use a weapon.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I Pray I never have to use a weapon.

So does everyone near you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Every place I go has security including church!

We do have security that is posted throughout but I pity the dumb SOB that tries that crap here. Men here carry and women here carry…even our children are deadly shots. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Is there a tactical group that any of you would recommend for training church security? Just curious as this discussion has come up more than once lately. Our church fathers are an arrogant, ignorant lot at times and tough to come up with solutions. We are in the country and a prime target. Church has been robbed and vandalized before!

Have been to three different church security work shops since Sutherland Springs. One conducted by KSP.
Two conducted by: Living Stone Security Solutions. Not sure where you live. Might be worth a reach out.

If your church is SBC affiliated, KBC has church security resources available as well: KBC Church Security Contacts

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by T LEE
Somebody has to do it. I have carried in Church for years, and still hope I never need it!

That's the spirit , you and I are cut from the same cloth!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
They should lock the doors when Church starts.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Since reaching the age of reason I've said "be careful who you brother up with".
Good to hear that there are those to ride the river with out there.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wdvicker
My congregation would be shocked to know the number of carrying members there are. That is why it is concealed carry. They don't need to know. I don't advertise as most don't nor should they.

The congregation needs to know what to do if something bad starts happening. I advise them to lay on the floor. You don't them up and running with an active shooter in the room. They make it more problematic for the good guys.

Wish you all the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I totally agree.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Somebody has to do it. I have carried in Church for years, and still hope I never need it!

Bless you sir. I hope you're doing well.
Blessings your way Terry.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I totally agree.

I totally disagree, respectfully but I strongly disagree. A church should never lock its doors and neither the church nor men with grit would ever hide or cower from evil when it comes to your door, you ain’t locking evil out….EVER!

Do you have to run to the truck after the service? In other words… if evil wants to visit you aren’t going to hide from it. Best to face it head on with clear thought and decisive action!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In our church, not all the doors are looked.

We have a nice gentleman there to assist you with the door.

We do have an "open door church".

Talking with people on here RE: "church security", I don't know their level of training Don't wish to take anything for granted.

We never know when or how a Perpetrator wishes to do us harm.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My eldership set up a security team for my congregation. We have 7 members either manning doors or watching security cameras. We have speakers at all locations so those members can still participate in worship services. Do not rely heavily on cameras. Things can happen so quickly. You need a human body at entry locations.

We require an enhanced concealed carry license (in Arkansas it means you actually have to qualify with an instructor for shooting accuracy) and each member must qualify with the security team at a private range.

It is just a smart thing to do.

Edit: We also asked all members who carry to identify themselves to the security team to make planning easier. We had an emergency shooter training session with the congregation as a whole to instruct everyone on what to do if an shooter emergency occurs.

Last edited by Torque; 05/23/23.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.