Hop To
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Burns is over at his favorite hangout

The Man Hole

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is there anyone in the area of Wyoming Arms who can swing by and check on John? I am worried about him.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Is there anyone in the area of Wyoming Arms who can swing by and check on John? I am worried about him.

I suspect no one in Wyoming actually GAF about brokedick Burns.

But obviously... you and I both care.

Roadtrip?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Roadtrip?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Roadtrip?

Fugg you... I have a Schwinn... and I care...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is My Dick Burns still a Douche Bag?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is John the only forum member with Kyle Lamb on speed dial? If any of our other members are tight with Kyle maybe they could check with him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Me too. I've been worried sick over his disappearance. I wanted to ask him about that dude named Jeff that was pretending to run that WA outfit.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I apologize. It's my fault. He said I got banned from arfcom, and I asked him to prove it. He's feverishly searching for evidence now.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Costco cheeto and Nyquil run.
He probably got distracted by the free food samples.
He'll be back.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Hello again everyone.

I was going to ask John about this. Because John knows everything. Since he’s MIA, I thought see if anyone else has an opinion.

I need input on what kind of body armor I should look at. There are so many different choices. What level, plates, no plates, that really fancy stuff John Wick uses or some combination of choices.

What scares me is not having adequate protection to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. Is this where added plates might be necessary. As many of you know, I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.
Are any of you aware of a plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My partner has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WM with an 18″ bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while he assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my Delta Elite and he makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I must turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.
This is, of course, if we’re caught by surprise away from our battery powered surveillance vehicles. Those contain far more firepower in hidden compartments.

Thanks!

sic transit gloria
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Everyone oughta own a single shot 300 WM. I mean everyone .

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gecko45
Hello again everyone.

I was going to ask John about this. Because John knows everything. Since he’s MIA, I thought see if anyone else has an opinion.

I need input on what kind of body armor I should look at. There are so many different choices. What level, plates, no plates, that really fancy stuff John Wick uses or some combination of choices.
You know, armor is expensive. I'd just go to the scrap yard and look for a 1" thick piece of steel plate. What it lacks in hardness will be made up for in thickness.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You're in luck, gecko. Wyoming arms is right this instant developing a lighter, thinner, less effective body armor. Burns will tell us all about it when he gets his posting privileges back.

Note that when using Wyoming arms body armor, you will also need to use actual body armor if you want to be protected.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dassa
You're in luck, gecko. Wyoming arms is right this instant developing a lighter, thinner, less effective body armor. Burns will tell us all about it when he gets his posting privileges back.

Note that when using Wyoming arms body armor, you will also need to use actual body armor if you want to be protected.

Like the need for hearing protection when using their can?

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Raeford

Exactly like that

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Tyrone
You know, armor is expensive. I'd just go to the scrap yard and look for a 1" thick piece of steel plate. What it lacks in hardness will be made up for in thickness.

1" thick steel plate can get pretty heavy. As the captain of a rapid tactical response team, that protects an undisclosable retail location, I can't have something heavy slowing me down. We maintain a rigorous workout routine, but I'll need to draw the line on that one. Maybe I should explain why I'm so concerned. I don't move quite as fast as I did in my younger days. And in case I have a repeat of an earlier incident, I'd like a little more protection. This happened early in my career.

I was working for a smaller security organization, me were regularly rotated between 4 stations. A local Food City supermarket was designated Sector Alpha-Niner, the Jiffy Lube was Bravo-Lima-Fiver, the local $1 movie theater was Golf-16 and finally, the most coveted assignment, the local mall or Zebra-1.Back then, before the corporate sponsorship, our gear was severely limited due to out of pocket expenses. I was armed with a Glock17 and a Rem870. On this fateful day my team was assigned to patrol Sector Zebra-1, the mall. It was an uneventful day, until the unthinkable happened…It was about 8:45PM, and the mall was closing and nearly empty. Me and my ’shadow’ were sweeping quadrant 069E, the mall arcade, a known hotspot for Gangs and assorted thugs. The arcade was located at the far east end of the mall, next to the movie theater and the Orange Julius.

I smelled trouble, and couldn’t spot any movement from the arcade, which was unusual due to the presence of a new Mortal Compact arcade game. Those Asians Gangs love Mortal Combat. I went to “condition red,” and discretely unholstered my Glock17. I motioned to my partner to sweep right to flank the arcade, but he was already in motion sensing the trouble in my facial expression. My partner drew his S&W 1006 and went prone behind a potted palm tree. I crept towards the arcade, when the power went out. It was an ambush! I could still see relatively well due to the full moon, shining through the building’s skylights. A perp popped up from behind the Orange Julius counter with a full auto AK sporting a 75rd drum. He opened up in the direction of my partner, meanwhile two perps popped up from behind the skeeball machine with sawed off 12 gauges. Another two perps appeared on the upper level and brought down hell-fire on us from above. They both seemed to have bolt actions of some sort, it was difficult to tell. I dove under a metal bench, and lined my sights on the AK bandit. A double-tap to the chest, and a quick follow-up to the head brought him down like a sack of potatoes. My partner had been hit in the leg by some buckshot but he kept fighting like a champ, he took out one of the shotgunners with the Smith. I then started unloading into the glass partition that surrounded the upper level. When the sniper ran for cover I drew a bead on him, adjusted for distance, and dropped him. His partner, wanting no more, started to run. I did a quick tactical reload, grabbed the 870P from the harness on my back, and did some rolls over to the movie theater and back flipped over the concession counter while unloading the 5 rounds of 000 into the skeeball machine. It was a site to behold. I tossed the empty 870, and realized I couldn’t hit the remaining perp due to my the poor angle of attack. I had to act fast or my partner was done for. I leap over the counter again, and low crawled towards the arcade unseen. I crept behind the Mrs. PacMan game, and when I heard the perp reload, jumped up with my trusty K-Bar, and threw it into the perp’s arm, pinning him against the wall behind him.

When the smoke cleared, we had three dead perps, and two very scared prisoners. My partner suffered a flesh wound but he would live to fight another day. The company goons came in fast by chopper, to cover up the situation. The remaining perps were flown to a company detention center, and we never found out what happened to them, or why they made such a vicious attack. The remaining customers and employees were paid off to cover their emotional distress and to keep their mouths shut. Later an unknown shadowy figure in an expensive black suit (obviously a high ranking company guy) came to me as I was reloading my Rem870 (in case of a second wave of attackers) and offered me the job opportunity of a lifetime…

sic transit gloria
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Like the meme of the Somali tactical guy wearing a PFD.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Exactly like that

I went to order a big barrel full for the shooting club. Sold out.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Here’s all you need geko:

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 64 invisible), 2,622 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,390
Posts18,527,744
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.