A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Wonder how it would look if I were to try that??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'll bet that wasnt made in China

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm thinking an even bigger difference than a Barska vs Kahles comparison. hahahaha

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dave284
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm thinking an even bigger difference than a Barska vs Kahles comparison. hahahaha

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KenMi
About like when the Leupold "reps" did their live

Please explain how the Athlon rep here and his posts are anything remotely close to the Leupold clownshow.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Please explain how the Athlon rep here and his posts are anything remotely close to the Leupold clownshow.

As you know JG, an azzload of none thinkers here and more every month.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, those leupold guys wanted to piss people off.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

Mine was an honest question, just wondering how the industry works. Is the “brand” sending out drawings/specifications to bid? Is there some reason Chinese factories are better suited to build optics than say Korea, Philippines, etc.. I’d guess they’re probably more advanced? I know a guy that sources out cabinetry and they moved the bulk of their business from China to Vietnam a few years ago due to the Chinese factory constantly raising prices last minute, holding orders hostage, actually coming to the states and trying to go direct to their customers and bypass this guys distribution network etc….
He did say it took some time to get the Vietnamese plants up to speed and that the infrastructure, equipment, skill of the workers etc. was nowhere near as modern as the Chinese factories. It’s a global economy, and no way it will ever go back now.
It would be interesting to see what it would cost to build the same exact scope using the same materials to the same specifications in China vs Japan Vs USA Vs Germany.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

Mine was an honest question, just wondering how the industry works. Is the “brand” sending out drawings/specifications to bid? Is there some reason Chinese factories are better suited to build optics than say Korea, Philippines, etc.. I’d guess they’re probably more advanced? I know a guy that sources out cabinetry and they moved the bulk of their business from China to Vietnam a few years ago due to the Chinese factory constantly raising prices last minute, holding orders hostage, actually coming to the states and trying to go direct to their customers and bypass this guys distribution network etc….
He did say it took some time to get the Vietnamese plants up to speed and that the infrastructure, equipment, skill of the workers etc. was nowhere near as modern as the Chinese factories. It’s a global economy, and no way it will ever go back now.
It would be interesting to see what it would cost to build the same exact scope using the same materials to the same specifications in China vs Japan Vs USA Vs Germany.

My curiosity is genuine as well. If Burris can make money selling the highly regarded Philippines made FF series scopes for under 200 bucks, it seems to me that Athlon could make money manufacturing their scopes there as well. The Helos 2-12x42 seems to have a strong following among the 'fire members.

It sells for a tick over $500. What would it sell for if it were made in Korea, the Philippines, Japan, Germany and the USA? The second question is how many would Athlon sell at the price they would have to sell them for if they were made in those countries? The final question is how many sales is Athlon losing because people won't buy a China made scope. Sure, we can't always reasonably avoid stuff made in China, but we can with scopes, and I and many others do. That sentiment is only growing over time as crap like the China spy balloon fiasco continues to occur.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

Your STUPIDITY doesn't fhuqk with anyone,but your pointy headed self...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As to the Cackling Hens,fretting the reality of a Global Economy and lauding how their skies are always falling,please continue the raging Estrogen Torrents,of the wares you'd almost buy if you weren't Brokedicks. Balloons are now "SCARY" too?!? Burris has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and seems intent upon keeping that "pace". It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how little you Crying Kchunts "know","see" or "do",other than Whine. Hint.

Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM

As you know JG, an azzload of none thinkers here and more every month.

Agree 100% Ed.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am hearing that it is now cheaper to manufacture stuff in mexico than it is in China. Maybe not long down the road we can look forward to mexican produced optics ! uhh

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think the Chyna factories can produce as good a quality product as the importer is willing to pay for. If the importer doesn’t order and hold to a higher spec, then cheap crap that fails will prevail.

I have an Athlon spotter that I’m satisfied with but rest assured none of my hunting rifles have chyna junk mounted on them.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
CreditQueen,

Your STUPIDITY doesn't fhuqk with anyone,but your pointy headed self...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As to the Cackling Hens,fretting the reality of a Global Economy and lauding how their skies are always falling,please continue the raging Estrogen Torrents,of the wares you'd almost buy if you weren't Brokedicks. Balloons are now "SCARY" too?!? Burris has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and seems intent upon keeping that "pace". It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how little you Crying Kchunts "know","see" or "do",other than Whine. Hint.

Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Your 4th grade grammar teacher needs a genuine bitch slap...

But you do get 10 bonus points for the proper use of the word Brokedick...

Ain't this fun Stick?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by WAM
I think the Chyna factories can produce as good a quality product as the importer is willing to pay for. If the importer doesn’t order and hold to a higher spec, then cheap crap that fails will prevail.

I have an Athlon spotter that I’m satisfied with but rest assured none of my hunting rifles have chyna junk mounted on them.

Bingo. We (when I worked) bought a lot of structural steel for our major O&G projects from China. We had to "teach" them what we required and plant our inspectors in their shops for QA and they delivered at a substantial savings.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anyone remember Zen-RAy ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 338rcm

I'll bet that wasnt made in China

There's a VaChina hidden under that panty !! and she's marked "made with a VaChina". grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Fell free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,727
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.