Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We all have known since the beginning that Chauvin was innocent of causing the death of Floyd. The media's campaign to defame him and the other arresting officers was successful in convincing enough people that the corrupt prosecutor was able to get a conviction. It needs to be overturned and the city sued for corruption.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This is over and done with. Ya'll getting pissed and arguing about it won't do anything except raise your blood pressure.

Just for the record. I don't think anybody got exactly what they deserved, but rarely in life does that ever happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
We all have known since the beginning that Chauvin was innocent of causing the death of Floyd. The media's campaign to defame him and the other arresting officers was successful in convincing enough people that the corrupt prosecutor was able to get a conviction. It needs to be overturned and the city sued for corruption.

When Chauvin took Floyd into custody, did he have a duty to care for Floyd? If so what was the standard of that care?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

When Chauvin took Floyd into custody, did he have a duty to care for Floyd? If so what was the standard of that care?

Yes. He did not. Did he commit murder?

Coward won't answer. I've answered his question multiple times, but he is to cowardly to answer the real question, did Chauvin commit murder?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/26/23.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I know lets use a 3 count like in wrestling. After three the cop lets go and the perp stands up and puts his hands behind his back waiting for cuffs. Simple.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
A 9MM or .40 caliber taser would have resolved the problem without all the drama. Just another felon who achieved room temperature while "resisting arrest".

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
20 Dollar Bill ..

Buys a lot of Drama..

Care Bears ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look at the upside: George Floyd has been sober for three years, that's worth celebrating....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never understood this. Saint George killed himself. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They had called for an ambulance, but it was delayed.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If GF hadn't fought back, resisted arrest, and had just allowed himself to be taken into custody, would he be alive today?

GF had a long criminal history, so he knew the drill. Maybe his level of inebriation contributed to his combativeness, which in turn contributed to his death.

It is too bad that GF died in custody, too bad he hadn't just indulged his fentanyl habit to its logical outcome. Recreational drug users get no sympathy from me. Every recreational drug user made had a choice to start or not start using.

None of that has anything to do with Chauvin's duty to care for someone in his custody and the standard of that care.

Didn't the police call for an ambulance? If so, what else were they supposed to do? Maybe they should have tazed him
when he became combative instead of physically contacting him. They made an on-site decision in the heat of the moment.

I had a fender bender with a LEO, he ran into me, and when the deputy responded to the scene the LEO lied to him about the sequence of events and claimed that it was my fault. Guess who's story was believed? I lost a lot of respect for LEOs because of that. If a LEO would lie about something as trivial as a simple fender bender, would he lie just as easily if the stakes were higher?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
autopsy
ô′tŏp″sē, ô′təp-
noun
Examination of a cadaver to determine or confirm the cause of death.
A critical assessment or examination after the fact.
A seeing for one's self; personal ocular observation, inspection, or examination. Specifically

How can a Jury charge someone if the Autopsy is not complete?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
The cops were called on Floyd for trying to spend fake money. Cops respond and arrest Floyd. While he’s handcuffed and prior to being near the patrol car, he eats and dumps a bunch of drugs . He’s on video dropping twenty bags or whatever on the sidewalk. At some point he eats some of the drugs after being detained. Eventually he gets so irate he must be physically restrained. He ODed himself. The coroner’s report shows shows no physical injuries to the loser. If you wanna be a kghunt and bring up the one broken rib, that happened during CPR. Fugking loser

I have little doubt this is correct, Floyd OD-ed himself to get rid of the evidence. Once he did that he was probably a dead man walking. The "I can't breath" started before he was placed in the police car.

My interpretation of his "resisting arrest" was panic attack as the drugs took over, not an attempt to escape the cops, but to escape the OD he was suffering.

The only thing I can fault the cops for, if anything, is not getting the EMTs on-scene quickly enough and from the video, seemingly slowing them down from providing care. Is that negligence? Maybe. It isn't murder.

I think Chauvin is a pile of sh*t .. but that doesn't make him a murderer. Justice was not done.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They called for and ambulance, but it mistakingly went to a nearby incident and was delayed. Not the cop’s fault.

I never understood why the defense that Floyd died of an overdose wasn’t accepted. Part of it was political in that the progressive fascists wanted to use it to foment anger among their base for the next election. Just as Obama et al did with lies about Trayvon.

These guys did a good job of reporting on the trial:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...-chauvin-trial-in-death-of-george-floyd/

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I think Chauvin is a pile of sh*t .. but that doesn't make him a murderer. Justice was not done.

Why? Not saying he is or isn't, but open to hear the info..

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/26/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Because a heart attack not Chauvin's lack of compression cutting off St George's air is what killed him. Read the autopsy. They guy had major heart disease at age 46 and was helping himself to an early grave with his drug use. If you can talk you can breathe, BTW.

The way life should be.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The correct nomenclature is “St. George of Floyd”.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
The cops were called on Floyd for trying to spend fake money. Cops respond and arrest Floyd. While he’s handcuffed and prior to being near the patrol car, he eats and dumps a bunch of drugs . He’s on video dropping twenty bags or whatever on the sidewalk. At some point he eats some of the drugs after being detained. Eventually he gets so irate he must be physically restrained. He ODed himself. The coroner’s report shows shows no physical injuries to the loser. If you wanna be a kghunt and bring up the one broken rib, that happened during CPR. Fugking loser

^
AAAAND there ya have it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
autopsy
ô′tŏp″sē, ô′təp-
noun
Examination of a cadaver to determine or confirm the cause of death.
A critical assessment or examination after the fact.
A seeing for one's self; personal ocular observation, inspection, or examination. Specifically

How can a Jury charge someone if the Autopsy is not complete?

^^^^^

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

If you don't know the answers to these questions, you've no business in the thread.

Better ta stay in the shallow end of the 'fire pool.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.