S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Just what the title says.

Is anyone else thinking what I am thinking?

Trump helped him, and if it were not for Trump, he would not be in the position he is in today.

It's a serious character flaw IMO. Where I come from you respect the people that assist you. I do believe that many other voters will think the same thing, what say you?

The talking heads pumping him up since he announced yesterday are the same dumb talking heads that predicted that Trump would never win in the first place.
Trump also helped FL elect (R) state legislators which gave DeSantis to power and the support he needed to MFGA.

I still think DeSantis is the best Governor in America today, bar none.

He lost me as a Presidential hopeful when he took his 30 Pieces of Silver from the Establishment and the Big Money Globalists that do NOT have America’s best interests in mind.

This may be the reason he changed his tune on whether or not we should be so heavily involved in Ukraine. At first he said no then evidently changed his tune when told to step in line, probably the "30 pieces of silver" analogy....It has deep state swamp written all over it.

Typical two faced politician and only marginally the lesser of two evils if up against a Dem nominee.

Trump is the only one who can save us. But what are the odds?

MAGA!
I read the other day that DeSantis said something about how he is going to drain the swamp.

Now that’s rich.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
DeSaintless has done all he can to keep his name in the limelight and the media has showered him with adoration. The Establishment supports him. The media supports him. He was a mediocre congressman but has the appearance of being a decent governor. he nor anyone else will get my support until trump is allowed to serve his last term.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
If those who counted the votes last time count the votes this time, you have to be a real dumbazz to think the results will be different.
Originally Posted by RicG
This ^^^. Trump won't be allowed to win. Period.
Been saying that since 2019.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I want to like Ron, but he has two strikes on him right out of the gate.
1) Been on the public tit his entire working life.
2) Graduate of Yale and Harvard.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
..... what say you?

I'm not a Desantis fan but what I say is mind your own business.
Only the ignorant believe that the President of the United States, often referred to as “The Leader of the Free World” affects no other country or their policies.

Dipstick!, did the OP have anything whatsoever to do with whether the US president or his policies affected the rest of the world?

Hint: It dud not. The OP asked for opinions on whether Ron Desantis had "class."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
..... what say you?

Only the ignorant believe that the President of the United States, often referred to as “The Leader of the Free World” affects no other country or their policies.

Dipstick!, did the OP have anything whatsoever to do with whether the US president or his policies affected the rest of the world?

Hint: It dud not. The OP asked for opinions on whether Ron Desantis had "class."

Like I said, only the ignorant.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trump had issues with his appointees going off the farm and sabotaging his agenda. He could not pick reliable people. DeSantis seems better at selecting good people. DeSantis has a damn solid record of doing right for the people of FL.

Sam......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Politicians are shallow people by the nature of the game they are playing. They are your friend today when you support them like with $$$$ and enemy tomorrow when you do not support them. It's like high school only with adults, Egos are fragile, Loyalty is temporary, and greed rages every day. It is what have you do for me lately situation. The most fleeting emotion in their body is shame. They really do not have any. I would describe most of them as white-collar criminals. They wear suits, ties, smile at you and lie to your face. So, we'll see who makes it through the primary with the least wounds. It is no lie; an election is the choice of the lesser of the two evils. I just hope and pray the repubs can get their schitt together and somehow pull out a win.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
..... what say you?

I am a student of American Politics, and one of the reasons why is because what happens in the USA has a direct correlation to what happens in Canada.

It's sort of like living near a fault line and an earthquake happens, the reverberations, aftershocks, are felt within 6 months after many events since we are so close to the epicenter. Been that way for a very long time.

Examples: The USA goes to war, we go to war, you have a recession we have a recession... you guys have inflation, we have inflation.

What I find interesting is just how many people do not realize how interconnected we are to one another.

By the way smokepole, I take no offense to what you said and can understand your point of view.

Man, do I miss the stability and prosperity that Trump had to offer!

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/26/23.

KB

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Everyone has class. It may not be high class but they have it nonetheless. If Donald Trump loses in his attempt to run again, it will be because he squandered his chance. While he can say all the stupid crap he wants, and not lose any of his ardent supporters, he can lose the support of the undecided or the critical thinkers; just like he did in the last election.
Ron Desantis suffers from the same malady which afflicts most politicians; he cannot bring himself to simply tell the truth. He has a tendency to flip flop on any issue. He is a politician. Nonetheless, he is a better option than most. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why would anyone want and vote for faux MAGA when you can have the real thing ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by greydog
Everyone has class. It may not be high class but they have it nonetheless. If Donald Trump loses in his attempt to run again, it will be because he squandered his chance. While he can say all the stupid crap he wants, and not lose any of his ardent supporters, he can lose the support of the undecided or the critical thinkers; just like he did in the last election.
Ron Desantis suffers from the same malady which afflicts most politicians; he cannot bring himself to simply tell the truth. He has a tendency to flip flop on any issue. He is a politician. Nonetheless, he is a better option than most. GD
If President Trump loses again it will be for the same reason he lost in 2020, FRAUD

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
DeSantis 102 – Floridians Are Furious – How to Have Fun with The Great Pretending Campaign of 2024

Candidate Ron DeSantis cannot even hold a public event in the state of Florida, because the only people who support him are the isolated group immediately around him and the Selfie-My-Lunch crowd who are disconnected from the average life of a Floridian.

Have you ever heard of a presidential candidate launching a campaign and NOT holding a public event in his/her home state to do it? Most people are overlooking the obvious. His handlers could not run the risk of a public event for their principal. What does that tell you about the candidate?

Everything, and I do mean everything, about Ron DeSantis is manufactured, fake and phony – especially the claimed support that you see pushed by national media and the right-wing alt-media that are placing their bets to be paid by the massive financial mechanism behind the DeSantis management team. Floridians can see through it, and the handlers are hoping the sunlight doesn’t spread to Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

In the state of Florida, support for Ron DeSantis 2024 is maybe in the 15 to 20% range (I’m being generous). Beyond that, he is not liked at all. I travel the state talking to blue collar ordinary people all the time; there is no grassroots support for the fraud that DeSantis has perpetrated on the state. This announcement has left him naked to the realization of his character as a raw political opportunist.

More here.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...h-the-great-pretending-campaign-of-2024/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Either of them would be a hell of a lot better than the current dipstick.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Trump on the other hand exemplifies class. JFC this place is amazing.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Mean tweets so hurtful type ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^......

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Mean tweets so hurtful type ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^......
Indeed, how cordial do you think Ol’ Bucky would be if he had to endure the attacks, the lies, the persecution, not only by the “opposition “ party, his own party AND members of his own staff/team..

Me thinks Ol’ Bucky would has given up on day one then went and cried in his beer.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wow:

Trump derangement syndrome flows two ways around here.

Trump lost me permanently when he was willing to set aside the constitution.

here is the post:

"So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!"

That is a dangerous man.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by centershot
Either of them would be a hell of a lot better than the current dipstick.

This is exactly the way we need to think and vote.

Vote Trump or DeSantis in the primary, then back whoever wins the nomination and go after the Demonrats and take the Senate to protect the SCOTUS against packing, plus protect federal court nominations. Our friend, Clarence Thomas, is old and no doubt wants to retire. Imagine the court with a Garland as his replacement.

Those who won't vote the ticket or at all should STFU and stew in their ignorance.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,514
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.