Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Let the memes begin:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Look at who trump hired and tell me the difference...

Even Pres. Trump knows the Bush klan is White trash. He kicked Jeb Bush in his nuts until Jeb quit back in 2016, remember??? I sure do....

Yes. But he too surrounded himself with rinos and globalists. That's if you can be objective and honest.

His cabinet was a who's who of turds that fought him on everything.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/26/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There seems to be slightly more sanity on this thread than some so let's throw a wrench in this paradigm and see how it floats-

The story seems to be everybody is convinced Trump will win the next election as long as he wins the nomination, which isn't a lock at the moment. However, all this rhetoric is presupposing Trump runs against Biden and the ho. There is still almost two years before the next election- still time for any democrats who really want to win the election to either convince Biden he shouldn't run in 2024 or sabotage him into dropping out of the race. So, now the democrats bring up a candidate that may seem attractive to a much larger audience- and no, I wouldn't say the idiot from California Newsome is the obvious choice. There are other democrats who could be obvious choices that aren't being allowed to throw their hat in the ring yet.

So, if this was the scenario do you think Trump would do the smart thing and alter his tactics to win the electorate over with an unknown candidate? Or would he shoot himself in the foot as he usually does and turn more people over to what may appear as a "moderate democrat" and blow his opportunity? History says he will shoot off his mouth, say or do something stupid, and throw it all away.

And another thing I keep hearing is "Trump was screwed" , so and so never gave him a chance to do this or that, none of the charges were true, etc... we could go on all day long. Do you really think a second term with Trump is going to be any different? Making every excuse in the book isn't going to make him any more effective given the fact he is going to be dealing with the same back stabbing, double dealing, politicians, swamp, and Soros inspired tyrants dreaming of the NWO. Even with mountains of evidence in his first term, he never got anyone prosecuted in the CIA, the FBI, the FISA court, or in Congress for their lies and outright treason. I don't understand by what magic anyone believes he will change any of that in a second term? I'm of the belief that playing nice like DeSantis and knowing how to play the game will be more effective in the long run and deny the democrats the power to push their radical agendas .

I'm no fool, I will vote for whoever the nominee is- Desantis, Trump, Scott, etc... on the Republican side. But none of this is a foregone conclusion as some seem to assume. I'm betting even the imaginary "Q" hasn't considered all of the angles here.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DeSantis is a globalist NWO acolyte groomed and supported by the McConnell wing of the Uniparty.

Vote carefully, not that it matters with Ronna in charge.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
killertbeet: I think YOU are so full ofshit your breath stinks!
Sad that - but very apparent.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Spot on. 100% correct.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
There seems to be slightly more sanity on this thread than some so let's throw a wrench in this paradigm and see how it floats-

The story seems to be everybody is convinced Trump will win the next election as long as he wins the nomination, which isn't a lock at the moment. However, all this rhetoric is presupposing Trump runs against Biden and the ho. There is still almost two years before the next election- still time for any democrats who really want to win the election to either convince Biden he shouldn't run in 2024 or sabotage him into dropping out of the race. So, now the democrats bring up a candidate that may seem attractive to a much larger audience- and no, I wouldn't say the idiot from California Newsome is the obvious choice. There are other democrats who could be obvious choices that aren't being allowed to throw their hat in the ring yet.

So, if this was the scenario do you think Trump would do the smart thing and alter his tactics to win the electorate over with an unknown candidate? Or would he shoot himself in the foot as he usually does and turn more people over to what may appear as a "moderate democrat" and blow his opportunity? History says he will shoot off his mouth, say or do something stupid, and throw it all away.

And another thing I keep hearing is "Trump was screwed" , so and so never gave him a chance to do this or that, none of the charges were true, etc... we could go on all day long. Do you really think a second term with Trump is going to be any different? Making every excuse in the book isn't going to make him any more effective given the fact he is going to be dealing with the same back stabbing, double dealing, politicians, swamp, and Soros inspired tyrants dreaming of the NWO. Even with mountains of evidence in his first term, he never got anyone prosecuted in the CIA, the FBI, the FISA court, or in Congress for their lies and outright treason. I don't understand by what magic anyone believes he will change any of that in a second term? I'm of the belief that playing nice like DeSantis and knowing how to play the game will be more effective in the long run and deny the democrats the power to push their radical agendas .

I'm no fool, I will vote for whoever the nominee is- Desantis, Trump, Scott, etc... on the Republican side. But none of this is a foregone conclusion as some seem to assume. I'm betting even the imaginary "Q" hasn't considered all of the angles here.

Long way around the barn to say “go Romney”

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

You are delusional, as usual. Romney is a feminine hypocrite RINO .... but hey, you do you...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You are delusional, as usual. Romney is a feminine hypocrite RINO .... but hey, you do you...

And if Romney “wins” the primaries and is the R candidate?

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

One can always tell when "VarmintGuy" has been drinking. Which is usually.

"Hold on to the Whiskey Bottle"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Maybe.

But he and Conrad are right.

He’s not a Canadian poster.

MAGA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yeah, it's really early. What's reality today will not be in 3 months.

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Trump isn’t classy. And that isn’t a problem. I told people back when they were all bitching about his tweets that I didn’t hire him to be nice and professional. I hired him because he seemed to have the willingness and perhaps the ability to break heads and get results. When you need that done, you don’t send a lawyer or a preacher, you send a biker or a gangster. And those guys are never polite on twittle. The only reservation I have about Trump is that his ability to break heads and perhaps even his willingness became suspect to me over four years of it not happening.

He told Clinton that if he got elected she would be in jail. He never knew how many votes that one line got him. Or how many not making it happen cost him. I voted for him twice, and will vote for him again, because he is the best we have had in my lifetime, including Reagan. But I am doubtful he will win, as he is not part of the plan. And if by some miracle he won, there still won’t be anybody of consequence being punished. What it all boils down to, is, the only liberty or justice we will ever have is what we get off our azzes and get for ourselves. Expecting anything else is just some politician pissing on your head and telling you its raining, and you believing them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just about all my investments are American. So yes, we’re on the various exchanges.

Most all presidents are senators or governors. DeSantis has done a fine job in Florida. Plus, he was a Representative and a Naval Officer where he specialized in logistics. Look at all the resources he had marshaled and ready to roll for last year’s hurricane. They recovered very quickly.

He is better prepared than most presidential candidates.

If I am concerned about anything, it’s that DeSantis is backed by people like Jeb Bush. I’m no longer a Bush fan as they are globalists. Plus they are the establishment.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Maybe.

But he and Conrad are right.

He’s not a Canadian poster.

I don't know who he is, just that something is off.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by JeffA
Desantis showed a bit more respect for Trump last night.

At least he hinted at a possible pardon for his January 6th crimes.

The Florida governor appeared on Newsmax on Thursday night to speak about his priorities as he hopes to get the Republican vote for the presidential race.

But, during his appearance – and in the midst of an attack on the NAACP’s travel advisory – the show suffered a technical problem, with the screen freezing.

This marks the second time in two nights that Mr DeSantis’ campaign launch has been plagued by tech issues after his hotly-anticipated launch fell flat on Wednesday night.

Since then, he has been going on the rounds of rightwing media, taking aim at his main GOP rival Donald Trump.

In one interview he said, if elected president, he would consider pardons for those charged with January 6 offences, including Mr Trump.

LINK
What crimes did President Trump commit exactly ?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Trump had issues with his appointees going off the farm and sabotaging his agenda. He could not pick reliable people. DeSantis seems better at selecting good people. DeSantis has a damn solid record of doing right for the people of FL.
President Trump did not have a free hand appointing people. Only those the Senate would confirm. McConnell kept the senate in session the entire presidency to keep Trump from appointing any of “his” people as a recess appointment. It is a miracle that Trump was as successful as he was.
Excellent points, but…

It wasn’t just McConnell that blocked Trump from making recess appointments, it was ALL the Republicans in the Senate.

It takes a unanimous vote 100 Senators to vote in favor of blocking recess appointments.

Cruz, Paul and all the other Campfire favorites voted to stop Trump. All it would have taken was (1) Senator to vote (no) and things would have been different, America would be different.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Big question what if desantis and trump either way are the republican ticket?
They would automatically lose (forfeit) FL electoral votes, not a winning strategy.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You assume 2024 will be an election, not a selection.

Trump has no chance in the General, none.

If he captured 100% of the votes he would still lose by a couple million.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I will do as I have always done, vote (R) and the lesser of two evils, knowing that my vote will either be switched or not counted at all.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
President Trump did not have a free hand appointing people. Only those the Senate would confirm. McConnell kept the senate in session the entire presidency to keep Trump from appointing any of “his” people as a recess appointment. It is a miracle that Trump was as successful as he was.

People making the case that Trump picked bad people either doesn’t understand or conveniently omits this little tid bit.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
in answer to a previous question about "would it be any different this time if Trump is elected", yes I think so but nobody can tell the future. It is dependent on so many things. First would it be possible to elect more people that are willing to help instead of attack or derail Trump? Would it be possible to get rid of many of the people in our party that refused to help him and actually worked against him to the point of confirming a known fraudulent election for the criminal that stole it?
If by chance DeSaintless gets the nomination, why would anyone think he could make any changes in the capitulation the republican leadership in Washington has been accustomed to giving the democrat party. Take the Debt Ceiling, they have traditionally complained and waited until the very last minute or just after and capitulated with what the democrats demand. It has happened every time. Why wait? Why not just cave at first if you are going to anyway. Every time there's talk about cutting back spending the democrats beat us to death with threats that Republicans are going to take healthcare and money away from old people and infants. They use the same argument and somehow get away with it.
I have a novel idea. Fire them and put Trump back in office surrounded with people with enough fortitude to actually fight. People that have no connection to Washington and no dossiers on them to blackmail them with. Give Trump the backup to actually fire those federal judicial and prosecutorial appointments of leftist judges that are the hit squad of the democrats. Impeach the corrupt politicians and even Governors that have committed treasonous acts against the constitution.
It won't get better until we help drain the swamp we all know is destroying our culture and our once Great Nation.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Trump has the same problem that Herschel Walker had in Georgia. Some people just didn't like him for one reason or another refused to vote for him. The dumb SOB's cost US the Senate, but you can't make people do something they don't want to do.... unless you cheat or hold a gun to their head. Biden is a real POS but he is not hated like Hillary was. Maybe the Republican candidates will bash the dumocrats on their failures, which are many and not give ammunition to the other side.....they already have the Dominion voting machines.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 7 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,910
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.