Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I use Milt Sparks IWBs and have for 30 years. Still have not worn one out, in spite of lots of use.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have multiple different example such as the Versa Max, Summer Specials, and a couple I don't recall the names. They all work well, but I find myself using and preferential to the old school Summer Special versions.

I even picked one up for a 4" N Frame .44, which works rather well if you wear the proper pants and belt.

This one is from 1991:

The punchline is that they are excellent holsters, worth waiting a little longer for, since they will last longer than you will. If you are really going to carry a gun for hours on end, day after day, spending a little extra and getting a great holster instead of a mediocre one is a very smart thing to do. Otherwise it will end up in a box and you be back to looking at holsters in a few months.

Been using the same VMII for more than a couple decades now. I wonder if they're making it optics friendly now?

Indeed they are. My latest VMII is for a G48 with a holosun.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Since you all are backward anyway,😇
why not put your belt on the opposite way?
Damn, I was just about to type the same thing. Wear it upside down and backwards.

JOG #18454571 05/27/23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Oh - clips. They generally suck. It ain't that hard to thread a good belt through loops/slots. All the clips I've tried either don't hold well or are just as much a bother to apply.
The IWB holster I've been using exclusively for the last ten years or so has been the El Paso Saddlery C-Force, and it has a single snap on loop. It uses a high quality snap, so it has never come undone on me while wearing it, and is no problem snapping on or off the belt. No need to thread the belt through the loops, although that's how I used to roll when I used Milt Sparks IWB holsters, and it was no big deal doing that, either.

Snap loops are great. But I find myself just leaving them snapped most of the time. smile

Spoken like a right-hander. Try to thread a tight holster the long way around. wink

I was a lefty for a while. wink And I have one belt that works best in reverse. If you practice POGO it's easiest to put it all together before you put on the pants. I usually do that the night before.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

You either wanna wear IWB or you don't.

If you do, leather or Kydex matters not. The vast majority of people carrying today are wearing Kydex. For good reason.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

If you do, leather or Kydex matters not. The vast majority of people carrying today are wearing Kydex. For good reason.

Be kind to obese people, for them IWB vs. OWB is not easy decision to make. Luckily Safariland makes a holster suitable for fat people. Google Safariland 18 IWB. This will not shift regardless of belt vs. loop fit and you will not have to wear your belt very tight to prevent gun holster shifting, this should help a lot for those with Michalin Man bodies.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Slavek
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Be kind to obese people, for them IWB vs. OWB is not easy decision to make. Luckily Safariland makes a holster suitable for fat people. Google Safariland 18 IWB. This will not shift regardless of belt vs. loop fit and you will not have to wear your belt very tight to prevent gun holster shifting, this should help a lot for those with Michalin Man bodies.

Sure thing, Pollock.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

The only thing I like about Kydex is that reassuring click when you seat the handgun fully into it.

Welcome back.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I use this model for all my small carry guns. https://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_352_106&products_id=828
The clip is strong, leather is thin and it stays in place. Easy on and off.
And they are running a Memorial Day sale.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a p365. Picked up a raven vanguard holster for it. Replaced the oem holster clip with an ulticlip and it works great for me. Personally I like the minimalist holster design

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I use Milt Sparks IWBs and have for 30 years. Still have not worn one out, in spite of lots of use.

I have multiple different example such as the Versa Max, Summer Specials, and a couple I don't recall the names. They all work well, but I find myself using and preferential to the old school Summer Special versions.

I even picked one up for a 4" N Frame .44, which works rather well if you wear the proper pants and belt.

This one is from 1991:

The punchline is that they are excellent holsters, worth waiting a little longer for, since they will last longer than you will. If you are really going to carry a gun for hours on end, day after day, spending a little extra and getting a great holster instead of a mediocre one is a very smart thing to do. Otherwise it will end up in a box and you be back to looking at holsters in a few months.

Been using the same VMII for more than a couple decades now. I wonder if they're making it optics friendly now?

Indeed they are. My latest VMII is for a G48 with a holosun.

Good to know. That sure makes things easy for me.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing I like about Kydex is that reassuring click when you seat the handgun fully into it.

Leather holsters with an inner synthetic doodad that 'clicks' over the trigger guard are getting more common in OWB, IWB with something similar are probably out there.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
JOG #18456993 05/28/23
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG

Leather holsters with an inner synthetic doodad that 'clicks' over the trigger guard are getting more common in OWB, IWB with something similar are probably out there.
Cool.

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
“Wifebeater” type undershirts are your friend when carrying IWB under a T-shirt or Polo. You can leave the shirt untucked yet keep something between the holster and your skin. I think I got this from TRH.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Flashdog
“Wifebeater” type undershirts are your friend when carrying IWB under a T-shirt or Polo. You can leave the shirt untucked yet keep something between the holster and your skin. I think I got this from TRH.
Yep. Wifebeaters have been worn by me since I started carrying IWB.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Agree 100%.
And am glad you jumped in.
You have mentioned holsters before,
I was staring at the pretty girl two pews up,
and not paying enough attention.

My questions were just that.
Don't really care about the material, just want a gun holder that works well.
And isn't miserable.

What do you like, and why.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I use this combo for all my IWB carry. Made by a company called Cascadia Concealment. Hiding a full size gun is no problem.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have been using am IWB holster by UM Tactical for my 365 for about 3 1/2 years now, almost every day. I like it a lot. I had a lot of reservations about a "plastic" holster, also about a clip on, but as long as I am wearing my usual 1 1/2" heavy leather belt, the clip snaps on and stays on, solid and stable. I like this holster enough I've thought about getting another, just in case they discontinue it.

This is it: https://palmettostatearmory.com/um-tactical-iwb-sig-sauer-p365-holster.html

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
I have been using am IWB holster by UM Tactical for my 365 for about 3 1/2 years now, almost every day. I like it a lot. I had a lot of reservations about a "plastic" holster, also about a clip on, but as long as I am wearing my usual 1 1/2" heavy leather belt, the clip snaps on and stays on, solid and stable. I like this holster enough I've thought about getting another, just in case they discontinue it.

This is it: https://palmettostatearmory.com/um-tactical-iwb-sig-sauer-p365-holster.html

Palmetto is out.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Agree 100%.

And isn't miserable.

CompTac or Black Scorpion is tough to beat.

Anything T-Rex Arms is gonna be tough to not love.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Agree 100%.

And isn't miserable.

CompTac or Black Scorpion is tough to beat.

Anything T-Rex Arms is gonna be tough to not love.

Any experience with Tier 1 concealed for IWB or appendix carry for that matter?

Last edited by Pat85; 05/29/23.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,920
Posts18,479,752
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.