Hop To
Page 4 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 44 45
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by BuzzH
There is no discussion about motorized access or any talk of eminent domain or any other taking.

This case is/was 100% about stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land.

Read the summary judgement...
One step at a time. I'm sure you'll eventually get it pared down to only people who are nicknamed "Buzz" and last name starts with "H".

Not hardly, I'm all about 340 million Americans having access to our public lands, always have been.

Why I've fought for hunters since the 80's. Fought for stream access in Montana, won. Fought for the right to hunt state lands in Montana, won.

Fought for corner crossing being legal in Wyoming, won. When this is appealed will win again and it will be legal access in the entire 10th circuit.

I heard from a reliable source there is going to be some pertinent info released by the DOI here soon as well...stay tuned.

I'll be crossing some great corners this fall in Wyoming, like I always have.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
This entire discussion reminds me of troubles we had in the 70s with numerous trespassing pheasant hunters. Before Id put some teeth into trespass law and penalties.

Many were totally indignant that we could own all that ground and lock them out of it. Many stated so in so many words.

I once asked a trespassing pheasant hunter for his address: He told the street in Boise, (all the asshwholes were from Ada County)

I asked if they had a large lawn and a pool at the house.

"Why, what does that matter?"

"I am looking for a place to hold a family reunion and picnic. A pool would be nice for the kiddies"

He stuttered and stammered and went on for a bit about "But, that's different."

"Really, how so?"

If you want to trample over people's land, pay for it.

Hell, if you want onto that land locked .gov property so badly, hire a helicopter to fly you in.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BS. You said yourself you are about closing down roads on Fed lands.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Some roads, absolutely...in particular seasonal closures to protect fawns/calves, stop illegal off road use, reduce maintenance costs, etc.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
This entire discussion reminds me of troubles we had in the 70s with numerous trespassing pheasant hunters. Before Id put some teeth into trespass law and penalties.

Many were totally indignant that we could own all that ground and lock them out of it. Many stated so in so many words.

I once asked a trespassing pheasant hunter for his address: He told the street in Boise, (all the asshwholes were from Ada County)

I asked if they had a large lawn and a pool at the house.

"Why, what does that matter?"

"I am looking for a place to hold a family reunion and picnic. A pool would be nice for the kiddies"

He stuttered and stammered and went on for a bit about "But, that's different."

"Really, how so?"

If you want to trample over people's land, pay for it.

Hell, if you want onto that land locked .gov property so badly, hire a helicopter to fly you in.

Why hire a helicopter when it's legal in Wyoming to step from one piece of public land onto another piece of public land? That's just dumb.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If the air over ones property is owned by them how high does that go? Does SW Airlines have to pay a trespass fee to use the air above it?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
WYBHA made this happen

Unfortunately the "the mothership" in Bozeman was extremely quiet. Very telling.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Some roads, absolutely...in particular seasonal closures to protect fawns/calves, stop illegal off road use, reduce maintenance costs, etc.

The greater preservationist plan is to close all roads. No thanks bha. Inch by inch...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/28/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
WYBHA made this happen

Unfortunately the "the mothership" in Bozeman was extremely quiet. Very telling.

What matters is what gets accomplished and just for the record the HQ is in Missoula.

There was, and is, a lot going on behind the scenes.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
WYBHA made this happen

What matters is what gets accomplished and just for the record the HQ is in Missoula.

Why behind the scenes? This could've been one of the biggest cases of land access in a long time, yet nothing but crickets from the headquarters. I'm sure they were busy counting their cash while relying on donations from avg Joe's....it's sad that volunteers have to carry the organization.

Volunteers, donations, what does bha do with all its cash? Pay lobbyists? How much does the purple haired lady get paid to lobby for bha in WY?

I love public land, but I just can't support an entity that is run by rabid leftists, real tight with info concerning where money comes from and where it goes.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/28/23.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
WYBHA made this happen

Why behind the scenes? This could've been one of the biggest cases of land access in a long time, yet nothing but crickets from the headquarters. I'm sure they were busy counting their cash while relying on donations from avg Joe's....it's sad that volunteers have to carry the organization.

I know it IS the biggest land access case in my lifetime. There was no reason for anyone to get in the way of the chapter efforts on this. We had help from a few local sportsmen, vetted the misdouri4, and raised money for their defense. The 120k raised for court cases was accounted for down to the penny, 4 independent co-signers for expenditures and a private CPA taking care of the expense reports.

Sometimes, less is more...and considering we're about to gain access to 8.3 million acres with $120k in legal fees, I don't know how it gets any better?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How much cash did BHA headquarters chip in to help?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
WYBHA made this happen

Are you sayin ya bribed the judge?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For the record I'm not discounting anything wybha did to make this happen. What I am doing is pointing out the organization at the top does absolutely nothing besides shuffle around money to leftist pac's.

Yes volunteers at the local level do stuff and individuals donated to the cause, the .org not so much.........

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There is no discussion about motorized access or any talk of eminent domain or any other taking.

This case is/was 100% about stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land.

I read what I understood of the judge’s comments. It seemed that the verdict was specific to the facts of this case. I didn’t see where he prohibited tall fencing of corners. No attorney here, so I could have missed that. I do understand that an advocate such as yourself would want to generalize it.

Ultimately, if a landowner is not free to put fence as high as he chooses to the very last inch of his property, then there is a taking. Such fencing would leave no practical way to cross his corners. Other than the covetousness of his neighbors, I see no reason he should not have the right to do so.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
WYBHA made this happen

Read the summary judgement, that judge is nobody to mess with and there is zero chance he can be bribed. The opposition tried...

We raised 120k, vetted the Missouri4, interviewed and hired the best attorneys, talked to countless outside lawyers, law professors, etc etc.

Everything by the book.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WMR

I read what I understood of the judge’s comments. It seemed that the verdict was specific to the facts of this case. I didn’t see where he prohibited tall fencing of corners. No attorney here, so I could have missed that. I do understand that an advocate such as yourself would want to generalize it.

Ultimately, if a landowner is not free to put fence as high as he chooses to the very last inch of his property, then there is a taking. Such fencing would leave no practical way to cross his corners. Other than the covetousness of his neighbors, I see no reason he should not have the right to do so.

Read the UIA for starters, specifically the cases the judge cites. The precise reason the UIA was made law is to prohibit a landowner from denying or impeding access to public lands. Secondly, Wyoming Statute states clearly that the airspace on the corners is shared with the "several owners" meaning you can't build a fence to prohibit access.

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/28/23.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
WYBHA made this happen

Read the summary judgement, that judge is nobody to mess with and there is zero chance he can be bribed. The opposition tried...

We raised 120k, vetted the Missouri4, interviewed and hired the best attorneys, talked to countless outside lawyers, law professors, etc etc.

Everything by the book.

Then you didn't do shat.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
WYBHA made this happen

Everything by the book.

Then you didn't do shat.

Right... 🤡

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
tater head and now scuzz.

What's in the water in WY that makes losers think they can claim credit for other people's accomplishments?

Page 4 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 73 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,462
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.