Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The big one!

6:30 AM today, I watched a grey fox making off with one of the daughters white leghorn layers. He spent about five minute working at getting the hen through the stockade panel fencing. He finally dropped her, jumped through the fence then reached back in and pulled her through.

I had plenty of time, I could have run inside and grabbed the 10-22 from the safe and popped him at thirty five yards. Except for that pesky "firearms in the city limits" thing.

Out at the farm, he would have caught a 123 gr 6.5 mm, or a 95 gr from the 243.

The fox calmly walked to the corner of the property, hopped through another wire panel fence and into a small creek bed. Surely has hungry babies to feed.

I told Sis we should set a snare where it comes through the fence. But we would probably catch her damned house cat.

Meanwhile Sis is catching the survivor hens and putting them inside their designated protective housing where they belong. No more "free range" eggs around here.

There may be an exception for protecting property.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The big one!

6:30 AM today, I watched a grey fox making off with one of the daughters white leghorn layers. He spent about five minute working at getting the hen through the stockade panel fencing. He finally dropped her, jumped through the fence then reached back in and pulled her through.

I had plenty of time, I could have run inside and grabbed the 10-22 from the safe and popped him at thirty five yards. Except for that pesky "firearms in the city limits" thing.

Out at the farm, he would have caught a 123 gr 6.5 mm, or a 95 gr from the 243.

The fox calmly walked to the corner of the property, hopped through another wire panel fence and into a small creek bed. Surely has hungry babies to feed.

I told Sis we should set a snare where it comes through the fence. But we would probably catch her damned house cat.

Meanwhile Sis is catching the survivor hens and putting them inside their designated protective housing where they belong. No more "free range" eggs around here.

There may be an exception for protecting property.

That will be on State by State , even Municipality basis.

I hear in KALIFORNIA, you don't even own your Animals. The "Person" is merely a "Guardian" , providing the nexus for .gov to interject itself into your personal affairs as Supreme. Much the way they do with Children also.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by TheKid
Is a town ordinance going to keep a neighbor who is stupid enough to shoot your house from doing so? Probably not.

Intelligent people use common sense to make decisions. Be sure of your target and backstop at all times when using firearms or any projectile launching mechanism.

Don't know when was the last time any you all filled out a 4473, but its a question on there now. "Do you live in City Limits? YES. NO. UNSURE . Big Bro is tracking for some way to restrict our rights for sure.

Three months or so, I think. No such question on the form I filled out.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
CCI Quiet! Used them in my father's backyard for some pests several times, and that was across the street from local hospital. Nobody noticed. Worked well enough out of my 77/22 for headshots on woodchucks out to about 35 yds.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Read this & grabbed a 25" barreled 512 Rem & shucked a CCI CB cap in it. Went out the door & the rifle went puffft. Seems like nothing but have hit with it.

For shorter barrel 22 rifles, the Aguilla Super Colibri is also a viable option.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
All good suggestions for most circumstances.

As the property is actually owned by daughter and her husband. They operate a well known and respected business from the premises, which is dependent upon the good graces of many .gov agencies.

I will abide by the letter of.

If need be, I know where to buy more chicks for Sis. Or we do have an incubator.

But it still stings a bit to watch the little thief walk away.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Subsonic 22 HP. Open the door or window and back up a few feet so the muzzle is well inside. You whole house acts as a suppressor.

Shoot straight, use a rest like a trigger stick, etc. ‘cause you may end up with the cat….I mean fox running around the house and into the front yard. 😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's a chicken, wgaf? Either shoot the dam fox or get another chicken.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I respect the situation Idaho, do what ya can, that's all any of us can do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can launch a subsonic or SV through an open window or door from inside the house that will be quieter than suppressed from outside. Just make sure to clear the paths of approach crossing the line of fire.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RAM
Is a town ordinance going to keep a neighbor who is stupid enough to shoot your house from doing so? Probably not.

Intelligent people use common sense to make decisions. Be sure of your target and backstop at all times when using firearms or any projectile launching mechanism.

Don't know when was the last time any you all filled out a 4473, but its a question on there now. "Do you live in City Limits? YES. NO. UNSURE . Big Bro is tracking for some way to restrict our rights for sure.
Filled one out about a month ago,, since I do live within the City Limits I had to be finger printed and give DNA plus lie detector test with truth serum.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Many towns have firearms laws that include almost any projectile. Do you want the neighbors to embed high speed pellets or an arrow in your living room wall?
It's pretty easy to not aim at another person's property.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by RAM

P

It's there now.

Next will be a DNA sample. mad

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can launch a subsonic or SV through an open window or door from inside the house that will be quieter than suppressed from outside. Just make sure to clear the paths of approach crossing the line of fire.

Originally Posted by KB64
The CCI Quiet .22 which are listed as ~750 FPS are wicked quiet through my Sparrow suppressed RAR.

Those Quiet 22s sound like an airgun out of my 20" Winchester M-290.

CCI also makes a 45gr Suppressor version at about 950fps that's just as quiet and you get the benefit of 5 more grains of bullet weight for added punch at distance. Doesn't really work well in my pistol, but through a rifle they work pretty well on paper. Sniping a fox would be no problem.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have not lived within a town or city limits more than 3 years out of my coming 80 years and don't plan to in the future.

I had the local DOW officer come out a week or so ago as I have deer problem. He gave me a box of 5, 12 gauge rubber bullets.I used those up and bought 5 more boxes. I have a few left and the deer seems to have got the message. It is not uncommon for me to fire a shotgun or centerfire rifle when working on one. 22 rf most every week.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There's supposed to be no shooting in my neighborhood but I smoked a big coyote with a 75g amax from my 223 ai at about 300 yards one day. It was trying to lure my dog out to a ditch bank about 500 yards out where I could see 2 more waiting through my binos. The other jumped in the ditch and were gone after the shot that put a big hole through their friend.

My neighbors all thanked me for killing it. Another neighbors lab got tore up pretty bad about that time and the vet said it looked like coyotes.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAM

P
This link is to the ATF website. It brings up a list of the latest changes to the 4473 and, yes, there is a new question on whether you live inside a city limits.

4473 CHANGES

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I look at it like whatever eggs or livestock or
vegetables that are lost might be a meal that
might be missed.
There's lots of different traps and sets that
could be used to take care of varmints without
alarming any sensitive neighbors.
I've heard that a 22 ounce Estwing framer is
relatively silent when dealing with trapped
varmints that are harmful to property

What is it everybody says?
SSS

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by RAM

P
This link is to the ATF website. It brings up a list of the latest changes to the 4473 and, yes, there is a new question on whether you live inside a city limits.

4473 CHANGES

Thanks Rock. ATF encouraged Dealers to start using the new forms in Jan. Although they didn't provide hard copies till Feb. These guys that say they didn't see it in the last 1 to 3 months are either mistaken on the time estimate, or their Dealers are asleep at the switch. Something their audit agent will hassle them over at next audit.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Gamo Swarm Magnum 10X Gen3i. 22 caliber.
JSB 18.13gr pellet at 775 fps/24 ft-lbs.

I'm at 4000 ft. At lower elevation you will get more speed.

42-yard accuracy,

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,586
Posts18,511,109
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.