Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#18460206 05/29/23
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Got a minor health problem and the Doctor prescribed a weeks worth of Prednisone. Two days into it and all the symptoms of the minor health problem are gone. Also, all of my standard aches and pains from my knees and rotator cuffs are gone. Lots of energy also.

Prednisone is crank for old people. Of course, like everything that makes you feel good it'll kill you if you take it very long.

I'm going to enjoy it for a week, though.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It can be a double edged sword. Enjoy the good feelings!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The crash is hades !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did two courses of Pred for a massive allergic reaction that turned out to be to cedar sawdust. The allergy came out of nowhere, the symptoms were a horror show.

It’ll make you feel indestructible but seriously dude- BE CAREFUL with that stuff.

I got myself a Feeler HLV-H EM copy. smile

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/29/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Funk that. I like sleeping.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Make sure you taper the dosage down when you are on the last 3-4 days, or it will stomp you! I’ve only used it once for a bad breakout of shingles, and I wasn’t told to taper off it. I didn’t have fun after the prednisone was all gone.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
does it "reboot'our system if only taken for a week?
Seems like the issue would return.

Last edited by rong; 05/29/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've taken it a couple of times, once for gout and once for bronchitis (covid in the fall of '19?). Jokingly asked my MD about a maintenance dose, he laughed and said he'd be taking it himself if that was safe. Watch for fluid retention after you cease usage...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rong

I don't expect it to do anything long term for my arthritis problems. They're etched in stone.(bone?)

But it'll fix the stuff the Doctor gave it to me for.

I did a couple of rounds of it many years ago for some herniated discs that were causing pain in my arms and that problem never returned. So it will repair some things. But it's not going to cause my body to start regenerating new bone tissue that's been ground away by arthritis. It does seem to reduce the inflammation associated with it, however.

It's a shame there's not something out there that you could take every day for it. But there's not.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I just finished taking Prednisone and Colchicine for gout. I'll never wait again to see if gout goes away on its own.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wife is an RN and hates seeing people taking prednisone for the reason Old Ornery said. Hopefully yours came in the packaging with the taper up and down.

On the funnier side vet gave the dog some for an issue. Made him pee like an elephant every 2 hours, he learned to pee without lifting a leg and really hasn't lifted one since.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Been on it for a year?.5mg..

Jayco

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I just finished taking Prednisone and Colchicine for gout. I'll never wait again to see if gout goes away on its own.

A-fooking-men to that.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by logcutter
Been on it for a year?.5mg..

Jayco

I just looked at the bottle. He's got me on 40mg a day.

This is my new Doctor. He's retired from the military. I think I'm going to get along well with him. He's a "man's" doctor. No nonsense about him and a very friendly guy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prednisone makes me want to eat and eat and eat.

How’s your appetite, eating anymore than normal?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I started on 80mg a day. Eventually got down to 20 and then zero. Not fun. No sleeping and no memory and just hated that schit.

It did clear up a couple annoying pains but I was so happy to be able to stop.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Prednisone makes me want to eat and eat and eat.

How’s your appetite, eating anymore than normal?

Yeah, it gives me quite an appetite. But I'm not going to answer it. I let myself put on about 25 pounds more than I needed a couple of years ago. It's gone now and I'm not putting it back on.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by rong

I don't expect it to do anything long term for my arthritis problems. They're etched in stone.(bone?)

But it'll fix the stuff the Doctor gave it to me for.

I did a couple of rounds of it many years ago for some herniated discs that were causing pain in my arms and that problem never returned. So it will repair some things. But it's not going to cause my body to start regenerating new bone tissue that's been ground away by arthritis. It does seem to reduce the inflammation associated with it, however.

It's a shame there's not something out there that you could take every day for it. But there's not.

Have you tried Ibuprofen?I've been taking 600mg of Ibuprofen every 12hrs for the last three months for arthritis in both my knees.It has worked wonders for me.I'm bone on bone with arthritis in my left knee and have surgery scheduled for total replacement in a couple of weeks.My right has torn meniscus,arthritis,Baker's cyst and other multiple issues.Doctor recommends replacement for that one too.Doctors never gave me anything worth a damn for it.I had a lot of pain,swelling and poor range of motion in both.I just happened to have two 600mg that the dentist had prescribed for me when I had some dental work done.I took one and for nearly 12hrs I felt better.Took the second one and had a good night sleep,not waking up from pain during the night.The next day I went to the store and bought some.Everything is 200mg.I took one and it didn't do nothing for me.Took another later and felt a little better.Once I got 600mg,I felt a whole lot better.Couple of days later I had an appointment with my Orthopedic doctor and told him I had been taking 600mg twice a day and was doing better than I've been in months just after a couple of days.He said he would give me a prescription for it and he would write it for 800mg twice a day if I wanted a higher dose.I said just give me the 600mg,it's been working fine,if I need to I can always supplement with another 200mg if I need it.It hasn't fixed my problems,but it sure has helped with the pain,swelling,range of motion and mobility.My range of motion in my left knee was at about 50% and my right was around 75%.Now I'm about 95% in my left and 100% in my right.Pain is nearly non-existent and if I do something that causes pain.it goes away rather quickly and is not nearly as sharp as it was before either.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Prednisone eliminates the inflammation in your body. I doesn't cure anything and if taken for long periods at high doses the side effects can be terrible. I had to get off of it and never again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been given a Prednisone shot followed with daily pills twice for severe poison ivy reactions. It worked great both times. Within a couple of days it was well on its way to being cleared up. I did eat like a horse but I got by on next to know sleep and felt bullet proof.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.