Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A friend gave me some of his Prednisone when I had gotten into poison ivy and was bitching about having to schedule a Dr appointment just to get some steroids. HOOWEE…I was out in the driveway at Dawn the next day washing the car. Crank for old people, indeed.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
background if your interested

Prednisone, dexamethasone, betamethasone are converted to cortisol by the body. Big pharm puts an ester group on claiming to to increase the biological half life and sell it for a fortune claiming its time release.
Cortisol is released early in the morning with the Circadian rhythm , and diminishes until about 2, which is why prednisone should be dosed in the afternoon. Cortisol changes the formation of the iodase enzymes that change the thyroid, T4, into T3 and rT3 which is what runs your metabolism. rT3 is made to counteract the regular T3 to keep you from burning up. Literally
this cortisol in higher doses causes the release of large amts. of dopamine especially in the brain but also in the skeletal muscles.

This is why prednisone has a double character. Depending on the reserves in the body it can cause extreme hunger and/or extreme mood changes. High reserves of dopamine, which resembles amphetamine in structure thus the same pharmacology, causes extreme highs, with large amt. of energy. High enough in fact to cause arrhythmias and heart flutter.

the extreme eating, with wt. gain, is caused by no t3 only large amts. of rt3, so no ATP is being formed to burn the fat that is building .

the crash in just stopping prednisone is of course from stopping the dopamine that has been at an all time high (pun intended)

Solution. prednisone must be deaycelated by first pass liver metabolism, which means its being absorbed by the portal system in the intestinal gut tissue. The drugs that are gonna work need to be absorbed by the lymphatic system with no first pass.
A peptide that your stomach makes does a lot of this but is severally reduced in times of inflammation. Thats why the BPC works, it mimics that natural product. Next dramamine with Tagamet. High blood levels are possible without the usual side effects.
an lyposomal vit C which will give nearly the same blood levels as an IV without kidney damage, oxalic acid by products and diarrhea

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
another approach if your dragging your ass and gaining wt. while on it.

NAD injections or lozenges or tab and liothyrine, t3, in caps.

All need a physician rx, if you can find one who knows what Im talking about. If you can't PM me Ill give some e-mail address

Last edited by Etoh; 05/30/23.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks Etoh. We were.taught decades ago in Pharmacoloy or treatment plans to take in AM when cortisol was high to get the maximum positive effect but i defer to your explanation.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
just started taking it yesterday and saw this thread, its the tapered down package, but I missed the dosage last night and doubled up on it this morning

looks like that was a bad idea based on what people are saying here

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I did two courses of Pred for a massive allergic reaction that turned out to be to cedar sawdust. The allergy came out of nowhere, the symptoms were a horror show.

It’ll make you feel indestructible but seriously dude- BE CAREFUL with that stuff.

I got myself a Feeler HLV-H EM copy. smile

Says the doper/marxist...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I did two courses of Pred for a massive allergic reaction that turned out to be to cedar sawdust. The allergy came out of nowhere, the symptoms were a horror show.

It’ll make you feel indestructible but seriously dude- BE CAREFUL with that stuff.

There are some real armadillos on this site, thick skinned and brainless. Jeff_O along with Burns, Buzz and a few others, exemplify that trait…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Full disclosure.

Got my first flu shot in 1997. Started bruising, big time, in 3 weeks. Diagnosed with ITP. Immune system was attacking and disposing of platelets.

Prednisone 100, after much lower doses failed.

Was a bit high-strung, before Prednisone. 10X worse. Hope you didn't look at me with a smirk.

Took the spleen in 1998........Rituxan, 4 treatments after that ($20,000 a bag).

No problems since.

Don't get the jab.....it isn't worth any chance what I went through.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had it with my recent run in with pneumonia. Stuff makes you feel great when your on it, but I felt bad for a few days once I finally was done.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

There are some real armadillos on this site, thick skinned and brainless. Jeff_O along with Burns, Buzz and a few others, exemplify that trait…

You couldn't be more right.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It was a terrible situation, on Prednisone.

I went to the office and talked to my Engineering manager.

I told him I was on high doses of steroids that could result in arrogance and belittling comments.

He professionally responded, "So, what is new?"

I told him this could be much worse, on 'roids.

He asked me to notify him when I got off them, so he could measure any improvements.

He really seemed to care.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I took two five-day treatments of "pregnant zone" months apart for my back injury. The side effect I had was that it paralyzed my vocal cords. Couldn't talk at all for the whole treatment. Even the Doc thought that was weird.

Mine came very nicely packaged with clear instructions. Had to take five pills the first day, then four the next, then three, two, and one on the last day. All in the evening.

I can't take any NSAIDS because of kidney issues, so I'm stuck with "a set of minnow fins" or aspirin for pain. I have tried some cannabis cream for arthritis, but it didn't seem to be any more effective than Blue Emu - which I like a lot. I have mild arthritis in my hips, and it is difficult for me to differentiate if my pain is from there or my ruptured disc and nerve pressure. I slather on the Emu and it seems to help.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I started having problems with my hands, arms and shoulders a few months ago. Gradually started to get worse then over a period of one month got so bad I couldn’t lift my arms, get dressed without help, get out of a chair, even feeding myself. Finally diagnosed with PMR, an auto immune disease. I am now on 20 mg prednisone a day and doctors say it will probably take two years for me to eventually taper off of it. I am 74 and right now all aches and pains are gone and I honestly feel like I am 50 again. I don’t like to take it but it is something I have to do.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have had good luck with BPC 157 and TB 500.

Originally Posted by Etoh
background if your interested

Prednisone, dexamethasone, betamethasone are converted to cortisol by the body. Big pharm puts an ester group on claiming to to increase the biological half life and sell it for a fortune claiming its time release.
Cortisol is released early in the morning with the Circadian rhythm , and diminishes until about 2, which is why prednisone should be dosed in the afternoon. Cortisol changes the formation of the iodase enzymes that change the thyroid, T4, into T3 and rT3 which is what runs your metabolism. rT3 is made to counteract the regular T3 to keep you from burning up. Literally
this cortisol in higher doses causes the release of large amts. of dopamine especially in the brain but also in the skeletal muscles.

This is why prednisone has a double character. Depending on the reserves in the body it can cause extreme hunger and/or extreme mood changes. High reserves of dopamine, which resembles amphetamine in structure thus the same pharmacology, causes extreme highs, with large amt. of energy. High enough in fact to cause arrhythmias and heart flutter.

the extreme eating, with wt. gain, is caused by no t3 only large amts. of rt3, so no ATP is being formed to burn the fat that is building .

the crash in just stopping prednisone is of course from stopping the dopamine that has been at an all time high (pun intended)

Solution. prednisone must be deaycelated by first pass liver metabolism, which means its being absorbed by the portal system in the intestinal gut tissue. The drugs that are gonna work need to be absorbed by the lymphatic system with no first pass.
A peptide that your stomach makes does a lot of this but is severally reduced in times of inflammation. Thats why the BPC works, it mimics that natural product. Next dramamine with Tagamet. High blood levels are possible without the usual side effects.
an lyposomal vit C which will give nearly the same blood levels as an IV without kidney damage, oxalic acid by products and diarrhea

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If it helps with your chicken skin and heels hurt feelings, you should get a double prescription with maximum strength. Might even help your being red assed about everything.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buzz, why does your government employee complex have to always take over?

You are a short man, round head, superior intellect!

TFF!

Originally Posted by BuzzH
If it helps with your chicken skin and heels hurt feelings, you should get a double prescription with maximum strength. Might even help your being red assed about everything.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I took two five-day treatments of "pregnant zone" months apart for my back injury. The side effect I had was that it paralyzed my vocal cords. Couldn't talk at all for the whole treatment. Even the Doc thought that was weird.

Mine came very nicely packaged with clear instructions. Had to take five pills the first day, then four the next, then three, two, and one on the last day. All in the evening.

I can't take any NSAIDS because of kidney issues, so I'm stuck with "a set of minnow fins" or aspirin for pain. I have tried some cannabis cream for arthritis, but it didn't seem to be any more effective than Blue Emu - which I like a lot. I have mild arthritis in my hips, and it is difficult for me to differentiate if my pain is from there or my ruptured disc and nerve pressure. I slather on the Emu and it seems to help.

You're way more jacked up than we thought.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Only one question........did you inherit your ranch?

I didn't.

TFF!

Originally Posted by JGRaider
You're way more jacked up than we thought.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Prednisone is some rough crap. My wife had a liver transplant on April 15 and one of the multitude of drugs prescribed was Prednisone. That stuff kills your memory and makes you moody as hell. They took her off it a couple weeks ago and she is back to normal.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ADNA
I started having problems with my hands, arms and shoulders a few months ago. Gradually started to get worse then over a period of one month got so bad I couldn’t lift my arms, get dressed without help, get out of a chair, even feeding myself. Finally diagnosed with PMR, an auto immune disease. I am now on 20 mg prednisone a day and doctors say it will probably take two years for me to eventually taper off of it. I am 74 and right now all aches and pains are gone and I honestly feel like I am 50 again. I don’t like to take it but it is something I have to do.
I went through the same thing 3 years ago. Tried tapering a couple of times before I was able to get off of it. Good luck

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.