Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
How much you wanna bet the driver was on his/her cell phone texting?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That WAS cool as hell!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ya have a dozen or so cop cars on the one side of the freeway and not a single car on the other side supporting the tow truck. What a bunch of morons with badges.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Odd that the tow truck had zero flashers in operation and odd that not a single patrol car on that side of the road either?

Hold my beer and watch this....

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I'm wondering how much was accident and how much was on purpose. Have you ever been behind an empty car carrier and thought about how cool it would be just to pull up on that sucker and park there while still driving on the highway? It's an intrusive thought that never wins.

But it is a little harder to avoid with the rollback parked in such a way that it appears to block most of the left lane and this guy coming along trying to pass the guy to his right (and possibly/probably distracted while doing so, cuz if you see it far enough ahead you just slow down and change lanes). He did swerve a tiny bit to ramp up the roll back (played it at quarter speed to see that) and go off it like he did, but it was probably because the alternative would be to center his car on the passenger side edge of the rollback (which may have been worse).

That is pretty cool though.

“To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine

Matthew 25:31-46
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I used to live in Corpus Christi Texas. Got called out to the plant one nite. Was coming back home about 2-3 in the morning. A drunk in an old green Ford Maverick almost side swiped me. Then ran off the road and launched himself off a big mound of dirt where a new over pass for interstate 37 was being built. I’d guess that mound of dirt was 20 to 30 feet high. He hit it going 60 maybe faster. He flew what I’d guess to be 40-50 ft in the air and landed back on the interstate sparks flying and hauled ass toward San Antonio. To this day I’ve never seen anything like it.

Thanks, Billy
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
In the original video of this I saw, the cop opens the door to the car and the driver’s feet are in the drivers seat, no shoes on.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
somebody was driving while texting

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by steve4102
Ya have a dozen or so cop cars on the one side of the freeway and not a single car on the other side supporting the tow truck. What a bunch of morons with badges.

I wonder if maybe the setup just wasn't completely set up yet? People could have been focused on the first emergency and were waiting on more personnel to show up.

Tow truck still should have been off the road further. Having the bed in the ramp position gave the people in the launch vehicle a better chance of survival than crunching right into the back of the truck at highway speed. Be nice to have more information and a wider overall view and the whole timeline.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stupid SOB should have license revoked forever. Could have easily killed someone.

Last edited by centershot; 05/31/23.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
news reports say "banged up but survived".

Bet she won't try to get banged up again going 70

Last edited by KenMi; 05/31/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Generally such stunts are reserved for Atlanta's Highway Speedway.

Glad to see other drivers in the state showcasing their skills.

Well done!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flares are cheap the cops in the tow truck should have got together and bought some

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That was Dukes of Hazard material right there. Watch it in slow-mo. Here are my observations.

#1- They're in the process of handcuffing a couple of Norwegians.

#2- There's a car upside down in the median that I guess the tow truck was going to winch up on the back of the truck.

#3- The cops should have had someone on that side of the road slowing traffic down for the tow truck.

#4- I don't see any flashing lights on the tow truck.

#5- The tow truck driver is one lucky SOB. He's lucky the brakes held the truck when the car hit it.

#6- The people in car #2 are lucky as hell that car #1 didn't land on it. Those people probably need to clean their drawers out.

#7- The car made the roll and landed on the wheels.........almost. eek

Simply spectacular.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/31/23.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It's all going back on the tow company, guaranteed. The driver is sitting on an interstate with his bed down and no lights on. The cars driver should have been paying better attention but the tow driver is completely in the wrong.

Driver of the car tried to swerve at the last minute. Lol, I'll bet the driver in the other car schit his pants when that car landed beside him!

Dosen't seem to be any traffic control or warning on that side of the interstate?

Not interstate. Hwy 84 near Valdosta Ga.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I've lost track of how many times I've had to resist the urge to launch my truck off one of those ramps. A childhood spent watching the Dukes I guess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
I used to live in Corpus Christi Texas. Got called out to the plant one nite. Was coming back home about 2-3 in the morning. A drunk in an old green Ford Maverick almost side swiped me. Then ran off the road and launched himself off a big mound of dirt where a new over pass for interstate 37 was being built. I’d guess that mound of dirt was 20 to 30 feet high. He hit it going 60 maybe faster. He flew what I’d guess to be 40-50 ft in the air and landed back on the interstate sparks flying and hauled ass toward San Antonio. To this day I’ve never seen anything like it.
yesterday morning here in Corpus

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by stxhunter; 05/31/23.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kolofardos
I've lost track of how many times I've had to resist the urge to launch my truck off one of those ramps. A childhood spent watching the Dukes I guess.

Same! lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Generally such stunts are reserved for Atlanta's Highway Speedway.

Glad to see other drivers in the state showcasing their skills.

Well done!

I've only been in Atlanta once. We were driving a rental van down one of the 5 or 6 lane interstates and the one thing that stood out was the black tire/skid marks going across all the lanes and debris laying by the median, concrete barrier.

This was like every half mile and I kept wondering how they didn't cause a major pile up in all that traffic.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
Looked like the cops and FD were on scene of another mvc and the wrecker was gonna tow one of the cars! Bet all agencies along with the wrecker company get sued! That was some good stuff and the tow truck operator was lucky! Looked like he didn't know sheit until the car launched!

Last edited by DiabloBlanco; 05/31/23.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (arky65, Aviator, afisher, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.