Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Hey Buzz, when you worked for Ted Turner did you lobby him to open his flyin D ranch for public hunting? and if not why?

He did allow public hunting, cow elk. Lots of local kids killed deer on there too.

Same with the Snowcrest and Redrock ranches, I saw local kids from Dillon, Ennis, Sheridan, Alder, etc. kill some real nice whitetail bucks on those places. Only restriction was no 5x5's.

Can't say anymore, that was over 20 years ago when I worked for him.

Also lots of people enjoyed stream access and fished through the Ruby and Red Rock all the time.

I have hunted the flying D with friends whom had a special tag, I did not as I don't shoot cow elk... details matter... and the details are, he was forced to open it by MFWP because the elk herds were too large and too concentrated and were at risk of disease....
I like the local kids virtue signal angle you used..... wink

The FWP didn't force anyone to allow hunting, they can't.

Virtue signaling?

You don't think it was good to let local youth hunters on the Redrock and Snowcrest to shoot 4x4 whitetail bucks? Lots of those same kids worked on those ranches in the summer as well.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that it was a good thing for youth hunters. Never heard a complaint from any leaving with a nice buck.

You'll find a way to chit on anything positive that flies in the face of your agenda and preconceived notions.

I also recall they allowed the FWP to issue one bull tag to a youth or disabled hunter.

They weren't required to let anyone hunt.

I remember the dog & pony show well of hunting the flying D. special tag drawing, check in and check out, certain hunting days etc.... so you want me to believe that was the same as a normal ranch allowing hunting?
Did Turner compensate MFWP for the extra man hours etc... ?

I've hunted on places way more restrictive than that. White Sands missile range and a bunch of private ones as well. Many I've hunted you have to apply for a permission slip, have certain days its closed, etc. etc. etc.

Its the way it goes when a guest invites you to hunt their land. I'm not one to demand they allow me unfettered access anytime I feel like it.

I would imagine you're the type of guy that would bitch about the cut of steak when you're invited to dinner, or the quality of the bourbon your guest provides.

Good way to not get invited back, and you don't have to accept the offer to start with. Nobody forcing you to hunt Turners.

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/31/23.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mr. Hettick, you noted earlier in this very thread that all monies obtained through the gofundme were accounted for down to the penny. If you would be so kind to share with us exactly how much of the 120k dollars raised were donated by bha the organization? It would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't provide that information, would you be willing to advise who can?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/31/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Mr. Hettick, you noted earlier in this very thread that all monies obtained through the gofundme were accounted for down to the penny. If you would be so kind to share with us exactly how much of the 120k dollars raised were donated by bha the organization? It would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that was a reasonable and polite...

IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I thought that was a reasonable and polite...
Read the end of the buzz 2a thread

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fence Crawling 101 by Spuzz Handy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry, just wanted to be reply #666.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sorry, just wanted to be reply #666.
Sign of the Cross here.

Might even have to get some garlic out

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Congratulations Sam

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Maybe?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA

Congratulations Sam

I don't deserve any. Barnard is the 'lucky guy' that helped him get untangled from the barbwire.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
quite the thread here, been kind of watching some of this and studied up on it being as the "offenders" we're from the state of Missouri. most people I'm familiar with or I should say most hunters I am familiar with in this state kind of you right and wrong as a judgment of legal and illegal.

I think the results from the court was correct. though some may have exploited this case to their benefit..

if I was the landowner in question I would install a gate that would let any legitimate vehicle that might need to pass pass from section to section, but also put up with signs you're welcome for the passage gate in return please stay off the private land..
but they're are extremely lot of dick heads in this world that would probably abuse that...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton
quite the thread here, been kind of watching some of this and studied up on it being as the "offenders" we're from the state of Missouri. most people I'm familiar with or I should say most hunters I am familiar with in this state kind of you right and wrong as a judgment of legal and illegal.

I think the results from the court was correct. though some may have exploited this case to their benefit..

if I was the landowner in question I would install a gate that would let any legitimate vehicle that might need to pass pass from section to section, but also put up with signs you're welcome for the passage gate in return please stay off the private land..
but they're are extremely lot of dick heads in this world that would probably abuse that...

That would be right neighborly of you ld, although really all that's necessary is to not prosecute corner crossers for intruding on a tiny bit of unused airspace in any way that is affecting the legal activities on one's private property.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think we all know that stepping on his land isn't what this is all about. As it is, he's the defacto owner of a section of public land. Allowing people to cross the corner opens up 'his' land to anyone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Valsdad

That would be right neighborly of you ld, although really all that's necessary is to not prosecute corner crossers for intruding on a tiny bit of unused airspace in any way that is affecting the legal activities on one's private property.
Is there any public land not protected from vehicular traffic these days? All I am familiar with prohibit all vehicles from traveling off road. We can not even ride our dirt bikes off road any more on the local BLM.

I doubt you will find any roads through these corner crossings.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I think we all know that stepping on his land isn't what this is all about. As it is, he's the defacto owner of a section of public land. Allowing people to cross the corner opens up 'his' land to anyone.
You are CORRECT

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Is there any public land not protected from vehicular traffic these days? All I am familiar with prohibit all vehicles from traveling off road. We can not even ride our dirt bikes off road any more on the local BLM.

E-bikes are legal everywhere on BLM, not FS land though. Pretty easy to carry an E-bike across a corner.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

E-bikes are legal everywhere on BLM, not FS land though. Pretty easy to carry an E-bike across a corner.
. how is more referring to a gate for horses or mules but I guarantee you most of you City ass [bleep] don't know how to navigate that either

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

. how is more referring to a gate for horses or mules but I guarantee you most of you City ass [bleep] don't know how to navigate that either

If you read the summary judgement there is reference to horse and riders in the previous cases regarding the UIA. You bring up a good point that I've been mulling over regarding taking horses, mules, llamas, pack goats, etc. across those corners. Most here in WY are NOT fenced, so the fences and gates aren't the issue. The issue is whether or not your stock touches the surrounding private.

May have to be negotiated state-by-state after the 10th rules on corner crossing.

I think that's where the real work starts, sorting out what each state will allow or not for things like allowing horses, mules, etc. to cross those corners.

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/31/23.
Page 34 of 45 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (BlackHunter, Boarmaster123, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.