Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
These clowns run a gun store and said to leave your guns outside 🤦‍♂️
As someone said in the comments are you going to leave your truck at home when you need a mechanic?

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 06/01/23.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What a waste of time watching that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What a waste of time watching that.

Many such cases!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There is a local outdoor range that you cannot carry a handgun, concealed or open, utterly ridiculous.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My local shop has a sign outside that says something along the lines of, “unload all guns unless you have a CC license”.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I don't know that I've been in an LGS or Pawnshop in Texas where all the employees are carrying, most times openly.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of the gun store I go to, has the clerks open carrying. So, if I want to conceal I will.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you’ve ever dealt with the card-carrying, gun-carrying public you’d understand their logic. I owned my own shop for years and gun safety, trigger discipline, muzzle control IS NOT practiced NEARLY ENOUGH!

They should require they (firearms) be presented to the employees in a case and the employee then clears it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If you’ve ever dealt with the card-carrying, gun-carrying public you’d understand their logic. I owned my own shop for years and gun safety, trigger discipline, muzzle control IS NOT practiced NEARLY ENOUGH!

They should require they (firearms) be presented to the employees in a case and the employee then clears it.

Valuable insight.

Sort of on the same vein (this being the 'fire) in my callow youth I worked in a sports store in downtown DC. We had a guy come in, ask to look at a hand gun, and then slipped a bullet in it from his pocket and held up the store before taking off with it.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was in a shop where this guy was swinging a handgun all over, and every third started with, f.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by roverboy
One of the gun store I go to, has the clerks open carrying. So, if I want to conceal I will.
When I worked at a small gun shop on Long Island, we all carried. We had no signs against anyone else doing so.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
One of our local gunsmiths has a sign on the door- - - - -

"Please leave personal weapons holstered unless we're being robbed. Then, accurate return fire will be greatly appreciated!"

They also had a sign up during the Covid fiasco- - - -"Please remove masks before entering, or we're going to assume you're here to rob us and we're going to shoot you!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My brother owns a equipment rental business with various tractors, dozers, skid steers, etc and I helped him start up by delivering and picking up the equipment. He is not an outdoorsman but he does support the 2A and he has his own collection of firearms. He knows how I feel about the 2A so shortly after opening a couple years ago he bought a sign (in honor of me) that says something to the effect of “Lawful concealed carry firearms are allowed here”. 👍🏼

I thought that was a nice touch from my little brother since I probably shoot more in a week than he has his entire life.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Local stores have the requirement mentioned in the video. "Allow an employee to inspect and clear the weapon before entry to the store" But they exempt holstered personal defense weapons.

I am pretty sure that is the same policy being spoken of in the video, but the speaker should have specifically stated that holstered weapons were exempt.

And yes, I have recently seen a sign requesting precise marksmanship in case of a robbery. I do not think I have been in any gun stores recently except Sportsman's Warehouse. It must have been on their door.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.