Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 45 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 44 45
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pete53
there also should be a legal access route to all public land and water period .
I know just like there should be crossbows legal for you to in Montana right Pete! How did that work out for you?
Gonna sue Wyoming to just like you threatened to sue Montana to get YOUR WAY!!!
What happened to that Rancher you claimed you had on your side, you can thank me later.

Last edited by sherm_61; 06/01/23.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by sherm_61
I know just like there should be crossbows legal for you to in Montana right Pete! How did that work out for you?

i see your feeling safe and a little keyboard cocky today. try to learn to be a little more positive with your post . but thanks for the thought

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by sherm_61

i see your feeling safe and a little keyboard cocky today. try to learn to be a little more positive with your post . but thanks for the thought

Crossbows are illegal in Montana?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I smell a business opportunity, makin ladders... smile

Triangular ones that come to a point. No trespassing of air space. 10% discount on helicoptering out the elk.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Ted Turner put in high fences on his ranch in Montana that prevented deer, moose and elk migration out into public land.

BobMT are you ok with this?

Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Hey Buzz, when you worked for Ted Turner did you lobby him to open his flyin D ranch for public hunting? and if not why?

why would he?....there are [bleep] of ranches that dont allow hunting....their land their rules....bob

Hey Bob,
In his answer to my question, did you notice he didn't directly answer, but responded with , yea it was opened for hunting to the children... a blatant misrepresentation....
#1. he had nothing to do with it
#2. It was open to everyone who drew a tag

He simply couldn't pass up an opportunity to virtue signal.... and that was the point I was trying to make...
As for your assertion as to property owners rights, you are absolutely correct ..... us peasants don't have to like it though... wink
P.S. if I owned it I would only let my friends hunt...... smile

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Hey Buzz, when you worked for Ted Turner did you lobby him to open his flyin D ranch for public hunting? and if not why?

why would he?....there are [bleep] of ranches that dont allow hunting....their land their rules....bob

Hey Bob,
In his answer to my question, did you notice he didn't directly answer, but responded with , yea it was opened for hunting to the children... a blatant misrepresentation....

He simply couldn't pass up an opportunity to virtue signal.... and that was the point I was trying to make...
As for your assertion as to property owners rights, you are absolutely correct ..... us peasants don't have to like it though... wink

Class envy brother fubar. You’re guilty of it too apparently

Apparently so brother Gruff.... first Burns accuses me of it, then Rick Caligula. .... must be true.... if I only owned the flyin D, I would let you hunt.... smile
But us uneducated peasant are stuck risking our necks using corner crossing ladders... hey wait... I smell a business opportunity, makin ladders... smile

Its legal to cross corners in Wyoming, how are you sticking your neck out?

Oh, and you're welcome.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Ted Turner put in high fences on his ranch in Montana that prevented deer, moose and elk migration out into public land.

Hey Bob,

And that was resolved while I worked there, 25 years ago and they weren't high fences. Stop lying, they were maybe a foot higher than a normal 5 strand barb wire fence.

Hasn't been an "issue" for 2.5 decades.

Next.

Last edited by BuzzH; 06/01/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Steve

Triangular ones that come to a point. No trespassing of air space. 10% discount on helicoptering out the elk.

You can't step over a corner without a ladder, or get an elk across in your pack on quarters?

No reason for a ladder or helicopter.

Only reason the Missouri4 used a ladder was to make sure they didn't touch Iron Bar Holdings coveted Tposts and chains. Year before they swung around the Tposts and the summary judgement mentioned that was also not a violation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuzzH

Hey Bob,

Apparently so brother Gruff.... first Burns accuses me of it, then Rick Caligula. .... must be true.... if I only owned the flyin D, I would let you hunt.... smile
But us uneducated peasant are stuck risking our necks using corner crossing ladders... hey wait... I smell a business opportunity, makin ladders... smile

Oh, and you're welcome.

Thanks to Buzz, he probably saved my life from falling off a corner ladder..... but he did crush my dreams of makin enough $ to buy the flying D selling my realtree camo corner crossing ladders... so yeah, I still don't like him! smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Hey Bob,

Oh, and you're welcome.

Thanks to Buzz, he probably saved my life from falling off a corner ladder..... but he did crush my dreams of makin enough $ to buy the flying D selling my realtree camo corner crossing ladders... so yeah, I still don't like him! smile

Ok, that was funny, credit where its due.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No there not just in bow season, Petes been trying to stir up support for 2 years around the internet.
Has nothing to do with key board cocky just a simple fact Pete. You wanna sue every state to satisfy YOUR wants!

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by ldholton
quite the thread here, been kind of watching some of this and studied up on it being as the "offenders" we're from the state of Missouri. most people I'm familiar with or I should say most hunters I am familiar with in this state kind of you right and wrong as a judgment of legal and illegal.

I think the results from the court was correct. though some may have exploited this case to their benefit..

if I was the landowner in question I would install a gate that would let any legitimate vehicle that might need to pass pass from section to section, but also put up with signs you're welcome for the passage gate in return please stay off the private land..
but they're are extremely lot of dick heads in this world that would probably abuse that...

That would be right neighborly of you ld, although really all that's necessary is to not prosecute corner crossers for intruding on a tiny bit of unused airspace in any way that is affecting the legal activities on one's private property.
Is there any public land not protected from vehicular traffic these days? All I am familiar with prohibit all vehicles from traveling off road. We can not even ride our dirt bikes off road any more on the local BLM.

I doubt you will find any roads through these corner crossings.

E-bikes are legal everywhere on BLM, not FS land though. Pretty easy to carry an E-bike across a corner.

Bullschitt, you are a fugging idiot. And supposedly it is your job to know these things.

Do I need to take a picture of the many signs which say "NO vehicles allowed off of road"?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

You can't step over a corner without a ladder, or get an elk across in your pack on quarters?

No reason for a ladder or helicopter.

Only reason the Missouri4 used a ladder was to make sure they didn't touch Iron Bar Holdings coveted Tposts and chains. Year before they swung around the Tposts and the summary judgement mentioned that was also not a violation.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/four-hunters-a-ladder-and-a-fight-over-federal-land/

"The four Missouri hunters allegedly placed an A-frame ladder over a fence marked with “No Trespassing” signs, one leg on each side of a Bureau of Land Management parcel, and climbed from one side to the next to avoid two kitty-corner pieces of private land — a practice known colloquially as corner-crossing."

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
lying buzzy. and you're proud you worked for Turner? pos

what does Turner charge for elk hunts on. his ranch?

Turner's buffalo fences causing a stir at Robb Creek

By Perry Backus, of The Montana Standard.

ALDER -- No one will ever know for certain what killed the elk whose bones lay bleached on a ridge that separates a parcel of state land from the Robb Creek Wildlife Game Range.

But the sportsmen from Butte and Anaconda standing under a cloudless sky think they have a pretty good idea: They point to the twisted wire at both the top and bottom of the fence that cuts through the middle of the ridge. Their tapes measure the top wire at 60 inches. The bottom wire is less than a foot high.

"That's what killed it,'' said Jack Atcheson Sr. of Butte, nodding toward the fence. "It couldn't go over it or under it.''

On this day, the men say they counted 13 animal carcasses on the state lands' side of the fence within a mile of each other. The fact the elk and deer were just inches from property supported by sportsmen's dollars to provide winter feed makes their deaths even more unpalatable.

The fence was built to control bison from Ted Turner's Snowcrest Ranch in the Upper Ruby near Alder. It is part of miles of similar fence that surrounds the media mogul's massive ranch holdings in Montana.

Turner's general ranch manager, Russ Miller, says the fence is needed to keep bison from escaping.

"We have an obligation to control our live stock,'' says Miller. "Bison can jump. We've had numerous reports of them clearing six feet.''

Miller says the fence design is a product of "trial and error'' over a number of years that included consultation with both state and federal biologists in an effort to consider the needs of wildlife.

"We've always been as wildlife friendly as pos sible,'' he said. "We stand on our record on the different efforts we've made for wildlife ... there is no way we'd do anything that would harm wildlife intentionally.''

Turner isn't alone in building fences that might seem out of place in a state where the fourstrand barbed wire has become the standard. The Butte and Anaconda sportsmen worry about the potential for wildlife -- which is a public resource -- to become privatized if landowners built fences that trap animals on private lands.

"When there's no free movement of wildlife, what's in there becomes his,'' said Tony Schoonen of Ramsay. "It's no longer the public's.''

"We're not just talking about this one place,'' said Atcheson. "These kinds of fences have the potential to set a precedent that could apply to the whole state. If landowners can own the wildlife, their land is suddenly worth a whole lot more money.''

But for Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks' Fred King, whose job is to ensure that wildlife and sportsmen will be able to continue to use state-owned game ranges like Robb Creek, the task is more immediate.

The Robb Creek Game Range, which was acquired following a land exchange with Turner, has acres that border lands being grazed by Turner's bison. And as important as it is that wildlife can find its way onto the winter range, King also has to come up with a plan that will keep bison off of it.

"What we have here is a New Age landown er with a new grazing animal, the bison, that need a different kind of fence to make it stay put,'' said King. "The challenge we have is to find a fence that will both allow wildlife to move and keep the bison off the game range.''

"We are going to have to deal with this thing and we can't deal with it by simply saying no,'' he said.

Fences have a long and controversial history across the West. It wasn't many years after the first cattle arrived in the state to feed hun gry miners that fences began to appear. And laws soon followed about what could be fenced and how it could be done.

Sportsmen like Atcheson and Schoonen say the state isn't living up to its responsibilities in upholding those laws. The state, particularly the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation, doesn't go far enough in considering the ramifications of "bison-proof'' fences, they say.

In particular, they point to Montana law which requires a fence to measure not less than 44 inches or more than 48 inches high and not less than 15 inches or more than 18 inches from the ground. They say that Turner and other bison ranchers' fences don't meet those requirements.

Dave Mousel, a DNRC land management supervisor, said that agency did an environmental analysis before giving Turner Enterprises the green light to build the fences on state lands.

"We do our best to try to balance the needs of the permittee and other resources,'' Mousel said.

The state required Turner to build gates that were intended to be open after each grazing season, he said. In other areas, the top wire was to be slackened to allow better opportunities for wildlife to jump the fences, said Mousel.

As far as the height standards stated in state law, Mousel said he understood those to be minimum requirements.

In the years that Turner has owned the Snowcrest Ranch, ranch manager Russ Miller said miles of old woven fence used to control sheep have been cleaned up. Those have been replaced by high-tensile smooth wire, which Miller says is more wildlife friendly.

"It's going to be sportsmen that will have to keep watch,'' said Atcheson, said looking back at the fence. "This is just ridiculous ... to have this kind of fence right up against a game range.''
W
wildlifedesigner
JoinedJul 1, 2001
Messages259
Reaction score0
Oct 2, 2001

Originally Posted by ribka

Hey Bob,

And that was resolved while I worked there, 25 years ago and they weren't high fences. Stop lying, they were maybe a foot higher than a normal 5 strand barb wire fence.

Hasn't been an "issue" for 2.5 decades.

Next.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
This Obama judge misapplied the leo Sheep case, for starters, in distinguishing between gov’t eminent domain and private access. Secondly, he erred in assuming the Mackay case wasn’t overruled by Leo Sheep , simply because the 8th had erroneously failed to call it overriden.

Thet’s just 2 points of appeal based on a quick 10 minute reading of this summary judgment order.

I wouldn’t break out the Boones’ Farm just yet.

So where's your law degree from?

The lawyers I've talked with since the ruling feel a lot differently than you. They all believe he applied great reasoning between the relevance (or lack-there-of) between Leo Sheep and Mackay.

Eminent domain isn't relevant to corner crossing either, there is no taking of anything.

No offense, but Iron Bar is the one that should hold the Boones Farm.

Arizona State.

Mic drop

You know what they call a guy that passed law school with the lowest grades?

A lawyer, no mic to drop.

Skavdahl got it right and lawyers are paid to argue, for the sake of arguing. I'm sure Iron Bars attorneys thought they would win, and they lost, and lost big.

I even heard from the start there was no way we would get this to Federal Court, no way we would prevail in federal court. No way we win the criminal trial.

Yeah, sure.

Naysayers are a dime a dozen and never met an attorney yet that wasn't the smartest SOB in the room, they'll tell you.

Haha, bless your heart. It is up to the appellate court, not you, to determine what Skavdahl got right. You might want to have your lawyer friends Google de novo review, since it appears that’s where this, as an obvious question of law, is headed.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
quite the thread here, been kind of watching some of this and studied up on it being as the "offenders" we're from the state of Missouri. most people I'm familiar with or I should say most hunters I am familiar with in this state kind of you right and wrong as a judgment of legal and illegal.

I think the results from the court was correct. though some may have exploited this case to their benefit..

if I was the landowner in question I would install a gate that would let any legitimate vehicle that might need to pass pass from section to section, but also put up with signs you're welcome for the passage gate in return please stay off the private land..
but they're are extremely lot of dick heads in this world that would probably abuse that...

That would be right neighborly of you ld, although really all that's necessary is to not prosecute corner crossers for intruding on a tiny bit of unused airspace in any way that is affecting the legal activities on one's private property.
Is there any public land not protected from vehicular traffic these days? All I am familiar with prohibit all vehicles from traveling off road. We can not even ride our dirt bikes off road any more on the local BLM.

E-bikes are legal everywhere on BLM, not FS land though. Pretty easy to carry an E-bike across a corner.

Bullschitt, you are a fugging idiot. And supposedly it is your job to know these things.

Do I need to take a picture of the many signs which say "NO vehicles allowed off of road"?

When do you want your lesson for the day?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
North of here there's about 1.5 sections of state land that's land locked. There are no corners involved and it completely surrounded by at least 1/4 mile of private land. There are a couple roads but they're private and locked with keep out signs on every post. During the season you can glass it and see sometimes hundreds of elk but there's zero access. Our land is a private hunting preserve for anyone the ranchers want to let in.

Frustrating when that happens.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
lol burned again. good one

Lloyd Hettick apparently never went to law school even though he pretends to be a lawyer on here "cutting and pasting" BS from BHA attorneys

This Obama judge misapplied the leo Sheep case, for starters, in distinguishing between gov’t eminent domain and private access. Secondly, he erred in assuming the Mackay case wasn’t overruled by Leo Sheep , simply because the 8th had erroneously failed to call it overriden.

Thet’s just 2 points of appeal based on a quick 10 minute reading of this summary judgment order.

I wouldn’t break out the Boones’ Farm just yet.

So where's your law degree from?

The lawyers I've talked with since the ruling feel a lot differently than you. They all believe he applied great reasoning between the relevance (or lack-there-of) between Leo Sheep and Mackay.

Eminent domain isn't relevant to corner crossing either, there is no taking of anything.

No offense, but Iron Bar is the one that should hold the Boones Farm.

Arizona State.

Mic drop

You know what they call a guy that passed law school with the lowest grades?

A lawyer, no mic to drop.

Skavdahl got it right and lawyers are paid to argue, for the sake of arguing. I'm sure Iron Bars attorneys thought they would win, and they lost, and lost big.

I even heard from the start there was no way we would get this to Federal Court, no way we would prevail in federal court. No way we win the criminal trial.

Yeah, sure.

Naysayers are a dime a dozen and never met an attorney yet that wasn't the smartest SOB in the room, they'll tell you.

Haha, bless your heart. It is up to the appellate court, not you, to determine what Skavdahl got right. You might want to have your lawyer friends Google de novo review, since it appears that’s where this, as an obvious question of law, is headed.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

When do you want your lesson for the day?
I got one for you

Page 36 of 45 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 163bc, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 77 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,723
Posts18,494,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.