Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Darryle
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
More of the same from Weatherby, dog schiet.

You know this place is filled with [bleep] and not a gotdam one of them has the balls to act in public like they do here, it's [bleep] disgraceful and makes this place hard to stomach.

I can also tell you, after facing down cancer, there's not a give a [bleep] left for you or your responses, f'n shameful grown ass men can't have a civil f'n discussion with out one [bleep] trying to out window lick the neck [bleep].

Don't worry, I only put a select few on ignore and you don't even rate high enough for me to give to [bleep] about you or your opinion.

Jesus H, I didn't belittle a child. It's a 700 clone action for phugg sake, Weatherby made it....not God almighty. It's not innovative, it's dog schiet.

Calm down Francis.

And Paul, you are a pathetic coward.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/31/23.
HR IC

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Interesting move by Weatherby.
The 700 aftermarket must have been too much to resist.
I thought why Model 307 ?

As stated above, it's the Wyoming area code.
But also the "3" is the third action and the "7" is a tribute to the 700 action according to one reviewer.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I was excited when I first saw the initial post and the first minute of the video talking about building a new action on the Weatherby legacy. However, I’m struggling to see how this is anything new or innovative. It seems like Weatherby just did what so many others have already done by creating a 700 clone. How is this any better/different than a Defiance, Christiansen, (insert name) etc. action?

It’s a 2 lug action so probably doesn’t have a less than 90 degree bolt throw.

It’s has a 2 position safety, not 3 position. Sounds like it doesn’t lock the bolt on safe.

Didn’t see weight as a feature, so probably not much weight savings.

I don’t even think it being a USA product is a strong selling point. If a person were to buy/build a 700 clone aren’t all the other actions made in the USA? the only one I can think of that isn’t is a Bergera.

Why would someone buy this, over any other action or rifle with the 700 footprint? Is it the price point?

Is this rifle/action for someone who just wants the Weatherby name with the option to leverage so many aftermarket accessories?

Not trying to knock Weatherby and I hope they sell plenty of these, I’m just a little disappointed that Weatherby’s new action isn’t anything different or better than all the others.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I will be passing through Sheridan soon and will go by and have a peek at one in the showroom.

I don’t care for spiral flutes on anything, but maybe I could live with them on the bolt only. I still need a .257 Weatherby rifle. No Creedmoor or PRC’s, please…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Special kind of stooge reply.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is stainless available? Handy might go for a shiny turd . . .

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Just buy a model 700. And the howa vanguards are top notch for their price point. Always thought mark vs were overpriced.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Just buy a model 700. And the howa vanguards are top notch for their price point. Always thought mark vs were overpriced.

Careful now, these Weatherby fanatics are sensitive folks...

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Dammit, I was excited for a second... the title had me thinking some new production lever in 307 Win.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It looks interesting to me!

Setting up for a more universal pattern with a zillion parts available makes sense.

I hope they sell a bunch of them.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darryle

You know this place is filled with [bleep] and not a gotdam one of them has the balls to act in public like they do here, it's [bleep] disgraceful and makes this place hard to stomach.

I can also tell you, after facing down cancer, there's not a give a [bleep] left for you or your responses, f'n shameful grown ass men can't have a civil f'n discussion with out one [bleep] trying to out window lick the neck [bleep].

Don't worry, I only put a select few on ignore and you don't even rate high enough for me to give to [bleep] about you or your opinion.
Lighten up, Francis.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Fotis Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How astute!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I get it lol. I've had several Mark Vs, top notch rifles. In fact, I think the wyoming guns are the best they've ever produced, overpriced, but good rifles. But seems to me, like they are going a little extreme in an opposite direction. I think CA and Rem has dominated sales so much, that maybe they were forced to change with the times. But if this guy buys a Wby, it will be a mark v in a Roy cartridge.

Last edited by Coyote10; 06/01/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Coyote10

Because Model 700's are inexpensive to blueprint. Vanguards have very little aftermarket support.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
To correct the video, Weatherby did not come out with the Vanguard action; Howa did that, and they marketed it through Mossberg, S&W, and under their own name before Weatherby started using it. The 307 is a 700 clone. What differences or improvements there may be were not mentioned in the video. It does have the mandatory ugly bolt handle, so there is that. GD

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Looks good. The $1200 MSRP on the plastic stocked rifle should be competitive if the store price is closer to $1k. It would have been cool to see them take some chambering chances like a 6mm Creedmoor instead of the 243 but I’m probably a weirdo.

To be fair they have expanded their cartridge choices in this one even including direct competition such as the 7mm PRC.

I'd like to see a lefty version in a sporter stock.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I might 🤮 if I see another spiral fluted bolt. That being said looking at new rifles on shelves apparently a lot of people like that. For me the aesthetics of a spiral fluted bolt is so ugly I would rather save weight with a lighter stock, lighter scope etc etc.
However American made maybe they will sell a bunch of them.

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 06/01/23.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I think Weatherby is showing some innovation in a number of ways! Two cartridge intros that are more conventional than older Weatherby designs……I bet we see a few more as time goes on. Now a two lug design that will fit numerous aftermarket parts etc. price seems right and I’m sure the quality will be decent . Having their own action that they make in house or part of it at least gives them better control on inventories etc. I think Adam Weatherby is doing a bunch of things correctly to ensure that their brand will remain viable for many years. Do they have issues, of course, but everyone does so I look forward to giving one a try at some point. I have two MKVs that both shoot sub moa with ease and the vanguards I have had
We’re also very accurate. Best of luck to them lord knows we need solid USA made products and the jobs they provide!

Last edited by goodshot; 06/01/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good stuff in the market is always welcome, especially from an established company that’s run by gun people, not investment clowns with no interest or experience. Don’t need one so won’t likely be buying one, but I hope they’ve done their work well and prosper with it.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weatherby has NEVER done worth a fhuqk on their own and their 6 and 9-lug Goat Fhuqks are EPIC Hilarity. VG's have long been their most sound platforms. Hint.

They fhuqked the 280AI and 7mm RemMag right proper,by going 1-9" and HILARIOUSLY 1-10" in 257 Wby. Hint.

Knowing Weatherby,it's likely not even Stainless. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.