Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't officially declared war on moles until this week. They have really tore up my lawn. I am not a lawn elitist. Just want to keep the dirt down. I do love my vegetable garden and flower beds though.

Used one of those spike traps. The "trick" is to get on a fresh tunnel and step on it to block the passage way. Set the trap on the depressed dirt with the trigger plate flat on the depression. If I were to design one, I think the spikes should be closer together.

I have chickens and a dog so I didn't want to mess with poison. Trapping is more fun anyway.

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mole are a pain to me as my dogs will dig them up for tidbits. The resulting holes are then in need of filling and seeding. They have dug some canyons chasing them dang moles.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
2-3 a year get killed in my backyard that I know of. Russell Terriers are their worst nightmare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not enough luck with the traps. I've already gone through a box of poison worms trying to control them.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have killed 4 in my yard this past week. Three were killed in traps, and the other one I saw pushing up a big mound of dirt, and I put a water hose down the hole and let the water run until the mole came out of the ground. They make a mess out of a yard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Not enough luck with the traps. I've already gone through a box of poison worms trying to control them.

Grubs work better, but you got to bait their tunnel in different spots. Had a war with some for a couple years, put down lots of insect and grub killer. Also heard that dog poo works also.

Swifty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Look at the diggers on that beast...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They nearly ruined Bill Mahers life.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Found one dead on the patio last week. First one I have ever seen in my neck of the woods. Had no idea they were even in these parts.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have pocket gophers and voles but no moles.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Moles and coons must die!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Are you a cat person

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I carry birdshot in my G19 when I mow. By doing that I guarantee that that I won’t see moles. If I leave my pistol in the house the moles come out and taunt me. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None here, but have experienced those blind little excavators elsewhere - what a mess. Fortunately, a king snake chose our place for residence and the mole problem vanished.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a case of moles at my last house about 25 years ago. It turned out that I had a bad case of grubs also. Everybody said to kill the grubs and the moles will go away. Turns out that the schit you need to kill the grubs is an arm and a leg. Can't remember what it was, some kind of a spore I think.

Had a vole here at the office several years ago. The SOB killed a whole bunch of bushes. He ate the roots. I poisoned him.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 06/02/23.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I had a case of moles at my last house about 25 years ago. It turned out that I had a bad case of grubs also. Everybody said to kill the grubs and the moles will go away. Turns out that the schit you need to kill the grubs is an arm and a leg. Can't remember what it was, some kind of a spore I think.

Had a vole here at the office several years ago. The SOB killed a whole bunch of bushes. He ate the roots. I poisoned him.

MilkySpore maybe? I think you are on to something with the grubs. Had my yard sprayed for them a few weeks back and have seen no Japanese beetles yet.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

MilkySpore maybe? I think you are on to something with the grubs. Had my yard sprayed for them a few weeks back and have seen no Japanese beetles yet.

Yes, milky spore. It came to me right when you responded. Thanks.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yes, milky spore. It came to me right when you responded. Thanks.

It was more money then spraying my lawn.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 1badf350, 470Evans, 16penny, 44mc, 17 invisible), 1,722 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,655
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.