Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is the most powerful ammo that I have ever tested over 200 FPS faster than Federal 147 grain +P+

This really makes the J-Frame a viable weapon for 2 or 4 legged varmints

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
What ammo is it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Breakshunter
What ammo is it?

Lost River Ammunition.

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Breakshunter
What ammo is it?

Lost River Ammo Company, sold in the classifieds by Mackay_Sagebrush
They are 158 grain

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow... I know he says "don't ask" about load data but wow. Guessing that is a steel frame only level ammo. I recently had action jobs done on both a Model 60 and a 442. The trigger turned out perfect on the 442.... the Model 60 only so so.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

30 feet

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a very dead looking box cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That load would be no fun at all in an alloy Airweight snubby. Buffalo Bore and Underwood have similar loads and they are great in steel frame K-frames. But blast one of those from an Airweight J-frame and all the fun stops. Mac produces good ammo.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
That obsolete old gun and old fashioned ammo looks like it might actually work.

:-)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That looks like a stouter load than some Federal .357 158JSPs I've been shooting in my M-27 Smith. Hmmmmm..................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
That looks like a stouter load than some Federal .357 158JSPs I've been shooting in my M-27 Smith. Hmmmmm..................

A lot of factory 357 ammo aren't anything but +P 38s in my humble opinion

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I thought you handloaded?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EdM
I thought you handloaded?

I handload some but not all of what I shoot. When I was younger I loaded everything that I shot, now I buy a lot of my handgun rds, but load most of my rifle rds.

Last edited by jwp475; 06/03/23.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Wow... I know he says "don't ask" about load data but wow. Guessing that is a steel frame only level ammo. I recently had action jobs done on both a Model 60 and a 442. The trigger turned out perfect on the 442.... the Model 60 only so so.

This is not directed at 2nd Wind, simply an info dump of "why" I don't discuss such things.

There are numerous reasons why I do not discuss what components are used in products.

For starters, I have invested an incredible amount of time and money into the development of the ammunition. The 170 grain .40 S&W load I just introduced, I spent approximately a year developing (off and on, between other projects), including firing over 2,000 rounds. I have to pay for every bit of that and still pay my mortgage, but people expect that I should just give them the details of that work for free.

Another issue is that there are some extremely dishonest people out there who will surf the web and try to glean information about a certain load or product and then try to reproduce it, in order to make fraudulent claims against a company. Earlier this year I actually had a person claim that he had some of the ammo produced by my company cause an issue. Long story short, it was a case of pure fraud. He was trying to scam me.

I also had a person try to "return" ammo to a retail location. I can't recall the claim they made, but the best we figured is that they pulled the empty box out of the trash at the range. The ammo they tried to return is something I have never produced, and I have never sold ammo to the store in question, so again it was a scam.

I do not and will not discuss the components used. Plain and simple.

I also will not discuss what organizations use the ammo if they ask me not to.

People get seriously butt hurt when I tell them this.

There is this entitlement attitude with some people. I have had people literally demand to know what a load recipe was. They were not even buying the ammo. They just felt they had a right to know.

This is a business. I pay my bills, my mortgage, groceries, raise my kids with the money earned etc through my business. I will continue to protect my business.

Thanks all.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
BTW,

JWP is tougher than I am.

In testing I fired a number of the above loads through an Airweight J Frame. A model 442. I did not enjoy it. If the gun is a steel frame Model 60 like JWPs, or rated for .357s, fine, but I personally found the recoil to be too much for me in an Airweight. That is my straight forward opinion.

Not much of a salesman! lol. But that is how I see it.

Outstanding load for a K Frame though!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
What kind of grips are those?
Lots of legal ramifications I would not have thought about.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

This is not directed at 2nd Wind, simply an info dump of "why" I don't discuss such things.

There are numerous reasons why I do not discuss what components are used in products.

For starters, I have invested an incredible amount of time and money into the development of the ammunition. The 170 grain .40 S&W load I just introduced, I spent approximately a year developing (off and on, between other projects), including firing over 2,000 rounds. I have to pay for every bit of that and still pay my mortgage, but people expect that I should just give them the details of that work for free.

Another issue is that there are some extremely dishonest people out there who will surf the web and try to glean information about a certain load or product and then try to reproduce it, in order to make fraudulent claims against a company. Earlier this year I actually had a person claim that he had some of the ammo produced by my company cause an issue. Long story short, it was a case of pure fraud. He was trying to scam me.

I also had a person try to "return" ammo to a retail location. I can't recall the claim they made, but the best we figured is that they pulled the empty box out of the trash at the range. The ammo they tried to return is something I have never produced, and I have never sold ammo to the store in question, so again it was a scam.

There is this entitlement attitude with some people. I have had people literally demand to know what a load recipe was. They were not even buying the ammo. They just felt they had a right to know.

This is a business. I pay my bills, my mortgage, groceries, raise my kids with the money earned etc through my business. I will continue to protect my business.

Thanks all.

Nope, I completely get it. When I started my consulting business I got phone calls all the time wanting advice. I soon leanred to get their names, and mailing address before providing any information and then ending the phone call with.. I will mail you an invoice by the end of the week

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have to have some of that 40 cal for my H&K USP. It would really shine in that super accurate pistol.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by navlav8r
What kind of grips are those?
Lots of legal ramifications I would not have thought about.

Those are Herrett's Detective Model. Round butt K Frames. They are hands down my favorite for the K Frame. Grips are a very individual thing and having owned quite a number from various manufacturers, this particular model fits perfectly for me.

Based on the fit, the grips made the gun more comfortable to shoot as well as aiding me in shooting it a bit more precisely.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Thanks all.

Nope, I completely get it. When I started my consulting business I got phone calls all the time wanting advice. I soon leanred to get their names, and mailing address before providing any information and then ending the phone call with.. I will mail you an invoice by the end of the week

Darned straight.

Speaking to the particular venture I am engaged in, there is a lot more involved than simply producing the ammunition. That is actually one of the more straight forward parts of the whole process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

344 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 35 invisible), 1,450 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,866
Posts18,497,379
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.