Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Yaddio
Hammer bullets are too expensive? When I count up how much money I've wasted trying to get Barnes Bullets to shoot accurately due to "distance from the lands" issues, I'd say this is debatable. I hate screwing around, wasting money and range time, going thru a whole box of bullets trying to find the right distance from the lands to get an accurate load.

Hammer bullets are reported by many to not be jump distance sensitive. In my limited experience with these bullets, this is true. Money saved.

I've shot Barnes in 270, 280, 30-06, 300 Win & Ultra mag,338 win, 375 H&H, 416 Remington & 458 Win mag and I've never had a problem finding an accurate load. Mostly load to fit the magazine

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
jwp, I've had good luck with some rifles, but excruciatingly frustrating bad luck with other rifles that shot lead just fine. The "distance from the lands" issue has been written about all over the web, hell, even Barnes gives recommendations. It's one more factor to eliminate when working up a load. Some say the most important factor. Anyway, glad to hear you've had success.

Liars should have good memories.
H. Babcock
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I have no idea how for off the lands I am or how close. I've never needed to adjust in any rifle that I've loaded for.

Yes I've read the claims and recommendations, but have never had it to be a problem

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Like ALL of this stuff, it's what you WANT to use! All the people that come on these threads saying no way, they're too expensive, or, I'll keep using what's always worked for me, no need to change, then don't! If we all drove only what we needed, they'd still be making Yugos! I don't have to have my 600 HP Camaro, but I sure enjoy it!

When it comes right down to it, there aren't many things associated with a hunt that are cheaper than a bullet, and pretty sure nothing else is quite as important!

I've been talking with Steve, from Hammer Bullets, about a specific rifle of mine with specific criteria and using one of his bullets. When's the last time the owner of a company would take the time to talk to you about your own situation/circumstances/use?

Steve recommended their 145gr THH .284" bullets for the application he took the time to talk, and listen, to me about. For that alone, I'll try his bullets.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Like ALL of this stuff, it's what you WANT to use! All the people that come on these threads saying no way, they're too expensive, or, I'll keep using what's always worked for me, no need to change, then don't! If we all drove only what we needed, they'd still be making Yugos! I don't have to have my 600 HP Camaro, but I sure enjoy it!

When it comes right down to it, there aren't many things associated with a hunt that are cheaper than a bullet, and pretty sure nothing else is quite as important!

I've been talking with Steve, from Hammer Bullets, about a specific rifle of mine with specific criteria and using one of his bullets. When's the last time the owner of a company would take the time to talk to you about your own situation/circumstances/use?

Steve recommended their 145gr THH .284" bullets for the application he took the time to talk, and listen, to me about. For that alone, I'll try his bullets.

We all talk about rifles, cartridges, chamberings, barrels, stocks, scopes, etc. These are all made and used to send a bullet somewhere. We should really think about the bullet and they type of performance we want and then work back from there.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.