Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#18477305 06/05/23
J
Jcubed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
An unplanned trip has gifted me the drive from Needles, CA area north on the 15 to Bozeman today.

Are there any can't miss places to eat along the 15 between these cities? Non-chain is preferred.

Yes, I realize it is short notice any suggestions appreciated and thank you in advance.

Regards

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don’t piss anyone off in Utah! This was a Porsche…….so they say! 🙀 The F 150 seems to have no “major” damage! memtb

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...ad-rage-related-car-crash-in-utah-county

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t stop anywhere within 100 of SLC. That place is hell to drive thru.

Black Cows Matter!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Don’t stop anywhere within 100 of SLC. That place is hell to drive thru.

My wife and I were Owner/Operators (semi truck) back in the mid’90’s…..I’d rather drive in Los Angles than SLC. I’ve never seen more disrespectful drivers in my life. I guess they’re in a hurry to visit Allah! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't help you there buddy.

Our member Steve is living just over the Utah border, maybe he'll be along early enough today to lead you to a local place there in Cedar City (I think that's where he's at now. Maybe St George?)

Too bad you can't detour around Las Vegas.

Don't forget to stop in Searchlight and say hi to Harry whistle

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In St George, for breakfast or later, it's Bishop's Grill. Exit 10 and then just past the first light, it's on the corner of the shopping center.

For a treat, The Creamery in Beaver. There are two exits and it's between them.

In Ogden, Jeremiah's, part of the Best Western just off Exit 344. Mountain Man fare. Get the Bison burger.

And if you're staying, that's a decent hotel. If you have the time, I'd be delighted to serve as tour guide at the Browning Arms Museum or Hill AFB Museum.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by memtb
Don’t piss anyone off in Utah! This was a Porsche…….so they say! 🙀 The F 150 seems to have no “major” damage! memtb

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...ad-rage-related-car-crash-in-utah-county

That was on the Mormons Gone Mad channel, on CNN...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Our member Steve is living just over the Utah border, maybe he'll be along early enough today to lead you to a local place there in Cedar City (I think that's where he's at now. Maybe St George?)

I'm still in St. George and trying to get the lay of the place. There's a nice 'Mexican' joint called Peppers in St. George that the wife and I have been frequenting. Also a place called Pigs Ear in Hurricane, but it's a bit off the freeway. They have a nice chicken entree. Also Paul39 turned me on to another Mexican place, Jalapenos. The tacos were good, but I don't think I'll have the menudo again. They also serve breakfast, but haven't tried it.

Haven't eaten much in Cedar yet. Mainly grab a Taco Bell burrito and go out to the new house and see how it's coming along. We have had a cup of coffee and a sandwich at a bakery that's run by a bunch of polygamous gals. Silver Silo and I think you take exit 57.

Last edited by Steve; 06/05/23.

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Jcubed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Going through Vegas.

SLC is awful regarding traffic and drivers, agreed x1000.

J
Jcubed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thank you all.

Rocky,

That sounds awesome have always wanted to visit that museum. Depending on how driving goes today we may be staying near the AFB.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to drive through SLC twice a year on our way to and from Yuma. I am convinced drivers there are all certain they are going to Heaven, they drive with no fear of death. White knuckle city for about 100 miles.

A day in Ogden wont hurt you a bit, two wonderful museums there, Hill AFB and Browning. Dont miss whatever you do.

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Stop in and nab yourself a Vudoo while in St George....

Or another if it may be the case...

Last edited by m1919; 06/05/23.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Dito on a day in Ogden. While working in Brigham City I enjoyed Maddox Ranch House Restaurant almost weekly.
Excellent service and never had a bad meal.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Creamery in Beaver for sure. Also Beaver Sport & Pawn.

To avoid SLC drive the Provo Canyon route 189 to Heber City, up I-80 to I-84 to I-15.

Provo Canyon has some great water falls etc.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
J
Jcubed Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks...gonna have to do the drive more it seems!

Bit thanks to everyone who responded!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Reba
The Creamery in Beaver for sure. Also Beaver Sport & Pawn.

To avoid SLC drive the Provo Canyon route 189 to Heber City, up I-80 to I-84 to I-15.

Provo Canyon has some great water falls etc.

^^^^^
This!
Great tip!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
If you miss The Creamery in Beaver, The Red Barn in Santaquin is excellent ice cream too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve

I'm still in St. George and trying to get the lay of the place. There's a nice 'Mexican' joint called Peppers in St. George that the wife and I have been frequenting. Also a place called Pigs Ear in Hurricane, but it's a bit off the freeway. They have a nice chicken entree. Also Paul39 turned me on to another Mexican place, Jalapenos. The tacos were good, but I don't think I'll have the menudo again. They also serve breakfast, but haven't tried it.

Haven't eaten much in Cedar yet. Mainly grab a Taco Bell burrito and go out to the new house and see how it's coming along. We have had a cup of coffee and a sandwich at a bakery that's run by a bunch of polygamous gals. Silver Silo and I think you take exit 57.

Wonder if the Jalapenos place is owned by the same folks that have a couple in K-Falls. One of the few places around I can get a SoCal style carne asada burrito. Big, stuffed with carne asada, pico de gallo, and if one chooses (I don't) guacamole. Not friggen rice and beans for filler. Just MEAT!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Going through Vegas.

SLC is awful regarding traffic and drivers, agreed x1000.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Except perhaps SLC.

I hate driving in big cities now. 3 cars at our 4 way stop in town about pisses me off now.

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like normal for the fire there’s a little over reaction going on. I live in very rural Wyoming a long ways from an interstate.

Yes rush hour is bad all around SLC. What city isn’t? Avoid that if possible and it really isn’t that bad.

I could just be way wrong. I guess I need to spend some time around all the polite drivers in LA and Atlanta.

I like this place for breakfast. Not sure it’s can’t miss.

https://www.hruskaskolaches.com/

If you are from another big city I doubt there’s much to get excited about food wise. For me a slice of pizza and vanilla soft serve at Costco is pretty rad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 63 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,546
Posts18,491,649
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.