Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bo Rine plane crash was similar.....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They scrambled F-16's in minutes yet allowed a Chinese spy balloon to float across and surveille the entirety of the US.

Hmmm..

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Question for the people that know how a plane operates. Does the plane send out a message to the control tower(s) if they lose oxygen in the cabin and cockpit?

No. The pilot can declare an emergency via the radio or use the Transponder to indicate a problem BUT, pilot needs to get down to around 10,000’ RIGHT NOW, I would not be waiting for permission from an air traffic controller either. You only have a few seconds of useful consciousness.
Yup...
I was going through my refresher chamber ride, we were doing the hypoxia demo where you take your mask off so you can experience what your own symptoms are and then put your mask back on. I was doing the exercises where you have the board with square pockets in it. Half the board is empty, the other half contains pucks that are square on the bottom, round on the upper half. The top of the pucks are painted half black, the other half white. The goal was to pick up a puck with each hand, transfer them to the right side of the board rotating them 180° in the process. I was going to play it out as long as possible. Took off my mask, started the exercise. I believe I transferred three sets of pucks, picked up the forth set and moved them over the right side of the board. While I could see and hear just fine my body was frozen in position. I heard the head instructor ask me if I was okay, within seconds he told the assistant instructor to put my mask back on. I was back to normal within a few seconds of the mask going on, I was on the edge of blacking out if the mask wasn't placed back on.

Not sure how many brain cells I killed that day... 😁

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Morewood
They scrambled F-16's in minutes yet allowed a Chinese spy balloon to float across and surveille the entirety of the US.

Hmmm..

Priceless.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Question for the people that know how a plane operates. Does the plane send out a message to the control tower(s) if they lose oxygen in the cabin and cockpit?

No. The pilot can declare an emergency via the radio or use the Transponder to indicate a problem BUT, pilot needs to get down to around 10,000’ RIGHT NOW, I would not be waiting for permission from an air traffic controller either. You only have a few seconds of useful consciousness.

I’ve never flown one of those but the pilot would have a warning light and/or tone but there’s nothing to signal ATC

Thanks. Do they have emergency oxygen masks like commercial airliners? Guessing they do not or not enough time to put them on.

IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E

Hmmm..
Preach it

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Hmmm..

What kind of information did the balloon collect?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ask the Chinese. And their compromised US president who allowed it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you don't know, but you're sure it was "sensitive information."

Got it. Makes sense to me, it's not like the Chinese have satellites to spy on us, or anything like that. .

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You think the Chinese are hobby balloonists?

LOL

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I’ve never flown one of those but the pilot would have a warning light and/or tone but there’s nothing to signal ATC

Thanks. Do they have emergency oxygen masks like commercial airliners? Guessing they do not or not enough time to put them on.

Yes, those private jets ought to be equipped with oxygen masks, certainly today after the Payne Stewart crash.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

LOL

You think they put expensive surveillance equipment on a balloon they can't control, that can be and was shot down?

LOL X2.

E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E

LOL
😂😂

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
So you don't know, but you're sure it was "sensitive information."

Got it. Makes sense to me, it's not like the Chinese have satellites to spy on us, or anything like that. .

Was there an altitude difference in the balloon alt and satellite alt?

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Beats me, ask the Chinese balloon experts on here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to make light of such a grim story and may the survivors find peace.

From the link, the joke of the day:
"President Joe Biden was golfing at the Andrews Air Force Base golf course near Maryland's Joint Base Andrews..."

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He can't walk up a flight of stairs and he is going to swing a club? Yeah, right!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

You think they put expensive surveillance equipment on a balloon they can't control, that can be and was shot down?

LOL X2.

I know right, ? It's not like they don't have a budget.
That could have cost 1/2 million dollars.

But let's be honest, even they were surprised it lasted that long....seriously. laugh laugh laugh

Made in China

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The magic of auto pilot".....

I'm a Ham radio operator. I've spoken to several commercial airline pilots who love to talk to other Hams especially when their Mobil antenna is at 30000 something feet. IIRC most of the time when they have to be laser focused on operating the aircraft occurs during take off and landing.

If you have the skill set and credentials to do the demanding parts the auto pilot time sounds like fun. Listen to audio books, learn a foreign language, impress your Ham radio buddies....cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

LOL

LOL X2.

As per the media that balloon had a steering mechanism in place. They were trying to capture communications between the command and control facilities, something a satellite will not pickup.

The Balloons are nothing new . it was at 50,000 feet where commercial airliners do not inhabit.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (AdventureBound, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 17 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,440
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.