Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mtwarden;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that this Monday finds you and yours well.

With apologies to the OP - but I suppose still within if not the direct realm of discussion the periphery - what kind of sheep and more or less where?

No secret spots are requested obviously sir. wink

As a former and still hopeful sheep chaser and sheep observer/counter in the meantime, I do love to hear about sheep.

Thanks in advance for considering the request.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I dunno Dwayne. It seems to me that if mtwarden wants to go sheep hunting, he needs to get off the couch and do some training hikes in the mtns, don't you think??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BC30cal
mtwarden;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that this Monday finds you and yours well.

With apologies to the OP - but I suppose still within if not the direct realm of discussion the periphery - what kind of sheep and more or less where?

As a former and still hopeful sheep chaser and sheep observer/counter in the meantime, I do love to hear about sheep.

Dwayne

Dwane- good morning. After 30+ years of unsuccessfully applying for a Bighorn license here, I told my wife just once in my lifetime I'd like to hunt sheep. Well God bless her, she said just do it- so I booked a Dall hunt in the Brooks range (2.5 years ago) smile

Originally Posted by smokepole
I dunno Dwayne. It seems to me that if mtwarden wants to go sheep hunting, he needs to get off the couch and do some training hikes in the mtns, don't you think??

yeah I guess you're right, I better get to going grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Awesome!! Good luck, Mt, one thing your guide won't have to worry about is your ability to keep up!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you worry or otherwise deal with over-training, MT? I have a knee that the older I get, simultaneously responds well to “the trail” but also seems a bit degraded after every adventure.

Not sure what tags I’ll get this year, find out soon. About the only way I’m in “boots” if if it snows up where we hunt elk. The good tag I have the best shot at is the backpack mule deer hunt I’ve done several times now on that big remote high-desert mountain range which shall go unnamed… very, very rugged, very steep, no trail. Perfect for my X-Ultra's. smile

My buddy’s wife got him a pair of them (he’s one of these millionaires who’s too cheap to buy himself nice stuff) except they were the high-top version. I’d be curious to try them; at least I know the lower part of the shoe fits my foot. I have a pair of their more substantial “boots” and while they nominally fit great, they put my foot in a position that leads to Achilles pain as the days go on. Like my shin is cocked forward slightly and that’s the direction they don’t flex much.

My youngest has emerged from her college ultra-liberal daze and said she wants to kill a deer with me, so there’s that, too. Blacktail are my bread and butter and I know how to kill ‘em. So I might end up playing guide with her much of the season; however I have a feeling she’s being unrealistic about having much time off from her FS job at that time. She’s in a supervisory role this year, which is cool for her, but maybe not as easy to escape from in the fall. We shall see. Much depends on the tag lottery, and it’s coming soon. In the meantime I’m seeing calm ocean later this week and they just upped the limit on halibut to (2)…….

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtwarden
mtwarden;

Dwayne

Dwane- good morning. After 30+ years of unsuccessfully applying for a Bighorn license here, I told my wife just once in my lifetime I'd like to hunt sheep. Well God bless her, she said just do it- so I booked a Dall hunt in the Brooks range (2.5 years ago) smile

yeah I guess you're right, I better get to going grin

mtwarden;
Thanks for the reply sir.

That is simply wonderful!

I've never been to the Brooks but have been up in the Yukon as far as Dawson City.

My goodness you'll be way, WAY up there. Super cool. cool

I hope you have a grand hunt in all ways.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Do you worry or otherwise deal with over-training, MT? I have a knee that the older I get, simultaneously responds well to “the trail” but also seems a bit degraded after every adventure.

Not really; 90% of my training is Zone 2 stuff, fairly easy hiking. I do get a little Zone 3-4 stuff every week, any steep climbs or a sometimes a dedicated hill day. Probably every month or so I get one hard trip in- those can raise injury demons, but knock on wood- nothing too serious.

With the Brooks trip coming up shortly I'm going to be pretty picky on any trips from now until August- keep the risk of injury low smile

mtwarden;
Thanks for the reply sir.

That is simply wonderful!

I've never been to the Brooks but have been up in the Yukon as far as Dawson City.

My goodness you'll be way, WAY up there. Super cool. cool

I hope you have a grand hunt in all ways.

Dwayne

Awesome!! Good luck, Mt, one thing your guide won't have to worry about is your ability to keep up!!!

Thank you Sirs!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Speaking of the brooks trip, are you going to document it here? AAR?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Speaking of the brooks trip, are you going to document it here? AAR?

Yeah I can certainly do that smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
More videos i watch and reviews i read on various models and brands of boots, i question the weight of boots.

Brand XYZ, one review says it’s lightweight, one guy says it’s ok. One guy says heavy….

What’s it for you ?

I wear steel toe boots all day at work, so any thing less than would be lightweight for me. I walk each evening in a pair of Hoka Clifton’s.

25oz a boot?

20oz?

This is your OP, little one.

Here is your answer, if you ever grow up.

Light Weight Field Boots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They won't help you with Marksmanship, though.

You will need to acquire that skill.

GR

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Garandimal
More videos i watch and reviews i read on various models and brands of boots, i question the weight of boots.

Brand XYZ, one review says it’s lightweight, one guy says it’s ok. One guy says heavy….

What’s it for you ?

I wear steel toe boots all day at work, so any thing less than would be lightweight for me. I walk each evening in a pair of Hoka Clifton’s.

25oz a boot?

20oz?

GR

Straight outta the box!

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What’s it for you ?

25oz a boot?

20oz?

GR

You must be closely related to MIKE WERNER?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What’s it for you ?

25oz a boot?

20oz?

GR

You must be closely related to MIKE WERNER?

You must be a starving comedian.

What's funny is, how terrified all y'all are of light weight field boots.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

GR

Nobody is terrified. They just know they are dog schiet.

Why in the world, other than someone too poor or dumb to know better, would they wear dog schiet boots? Keep the G.I. special (ie lowest bidder), pass the La sportiva, asolo, lowa, hell even Salomon...

News flash, guys that can wear what they want in the service don't wear garbage bates boots..

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/06/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

Nobody is terrified. They just know they are dog schiet.

Why in the world, other than someone too poor or dumb to know better, would they wear dog schiet boots? Keep the G.I. special (ie lowest bidder), pass the La sportiva, asolo, lowa, hell even Salomon...

News flash, guys that can wear what they want in the service don't wear garbage bates boots..

Boot snob.

Disciple of the Cult of the Tennisbootsthings.

Ha!

These light weight field boots are comfortable and durable.

And you hate that.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Actually I usually wear something more in the line of mountaineering boots, which are way more lightweight and durable than your g.i. special.

Grand Retard is wrong yet again......(it's a trend)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually I usually wear something more in the line of mountaineering boots, which are way more lightweight and durable than your g.i. special.

Grand Retard is wrong yet again......(it's a trend)

Awww... your feeling are hurt.

Have the high priest of the Cult of Tennisbootsthings console your sadness and disillusionment.

Hiking and hunting in light weight field boots is so... secular.

Ha!

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

I think I hurt your feelers by insinuating you are a brokedick shopping at the army surplus......😭😭😭 "boot snob!" 😭😭😭

Hey man, if that's all your social security budget allows, that's cool, just don't hate on those than can afford decent boots.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/06/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think I hurt your feelers by insinuating you are a brokedick shopping at the army surplus......😭😭😭 "boot snob!" 😭😭😭

Hey man, if that's all your social security budget allows, that's cool, just don't hate on those than can afford decent boots.

It's a really good boot, at $35 it was a great boot.

What else does a boot have to do, little one?

And if your footwear defines you, and your li'l feelings get hurt by what other people wear hiking and hunting?

You should probably be wearing high heels.

Because you're a pussy.

So ya know.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
What else does a boot have to do, little one?

Not much from the recliner I suppose.....

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.