-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now you all know how the majority of the western US feels every summer!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by bruinruin
It was hazy over the weekend and into the beginning of this week here due to the smoke. I hadn't heard of those fires either.
Really hazy down here too. The fire in Grayling didn't help either. I've never seen it this bad, time to sue the fűcking canucks for polluting our air... 😡
If Trudeau were a conservative it would be all his fault. But he's a liberal so it will always be the fault of someone or something else. It works the same way north of the border as it does in the U.S..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did all these fires start north of the border?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I live in Southeast PA. It's bad. Really rolled in late yesterday and has gotten worse today.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Some more info from the Canada forum

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm in the Shenandoah valley of western VA. yesterday was super hazy with a faint smell of smoke in the air. Today is not quite so bad but still really hazy.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Front porch view looks like it’s gonna rain but the sun is out

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Very hazy here in my part of the Valley too.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Been hazy outside and smell of smoke in the air.
Wasn't aware of fires in Canada.
Seems (some of) the east coast has issued "air quality alerts".

Anyone else on the right coast noticing this?

Northern NJ.
Wind uncharacteristically out of the north. Very cool for time of year.
Bringing in a lot of particulates the past couple days. Smells great... like burning leaves in fall.
Awesome pink sunset. Orange skies mid day today and late day yesterday. Pretty hazy.

All that said, it isnt a big deal, but you would think it was end times based upon the reaction from the Lib crowd.

Sports practices cancelled today for most schools.

I went for a jog today (OMG OMG OMG!) and definitely noticed being a bit more winded after a light jog whereas lately I can handle a moderate pace and be conversational. It was about the equivalent of running 30 second per mile pace faster.

So, yeah.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MT_Mike
Now you all know how the majority of the western US feels every summer!

I have been telling people this. The kids and parents (of the sports team i coach) are losing it.

I told them in so many words WTF do you think its like out west and in chitholifornia?
We are lucky to not have fires often here, and where they occur (meadowlands, pinelands) the wind doesnt bring it our way.

Its not freaking climate change personified.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by moosemike
It's pretty freaking bad in PA right now
Just checked and AirNow.gov says our AQI is 460 here. Definitely eye watering outside.

We're around 400. My eyes watered after work while jogging, but its not debilitating. People with "asthma" were huddling together and crying.

I am not kidding.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Massive forest fire here a few yrs ago you’d thought you were living under mt Vesuvius with the fugkin ash flying around

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NC Mountains raised the alert level from orange to red today... very smoky here. I skipped my outdoor walk. Both dogs are staring in the door looking at me with a "Hey it's past time for our walk" look. Their respiratory systems are way younger than mine is. They did not seem the least bit interested in that perspective.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been quite bad here in NNY for several days, shows it's going to start moving west over night.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, here in SE Virginia it was hazy in the morning and got worse as the day went on. Now a cold front with thunderstorms is coming from the west. Hope it clears it up some.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait until one can't see 30 or 40 yds and he thinks it's coming over the hill any minute.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is what it is. It's a tool for climate change. The conditions suck if you have health issues but dang, it's called summer in AK and the western states. I'm sure the same in parts of Canada.

In 96 or 97 during the big lake fire north of Anchorage, our corpsman needed help getting his dog team out and since the state were not allowing folks into the area we had to improvise.

Quite a few of us put on our uniforms and went up in our humvees. States not gonna turn away the military. Got his 40+ dogs out plus helped a few neighbors but that was bad. Active fire in areas and we were coughing and had issues for days afterwards. Should have grabbed a gas mask.

Caribou hunted during the boundary fire. Fire fighters left a sign to tell hunters good luck and if we get caught up in a flare up to head to a burned area and they will find you.

Suck it up its life and gonna get worse.

Gotta thin the woods...if possible, through logging and whatever means possible. Environmental azzhats are stopping it

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Saw on the evening “National” News that the Governor and Mayor of NYC was urging all NY’s to wear M-95 Masks again. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Saw on the evening “National” News that the Governor and Mayor of NYC was urging all NY’s to wear M-95 Masks again. 🤪

Good thing they are used to it. Some folks with health issues may need to but it'd still pushing control and sheep will follow.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I heard that as well

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 13 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.