Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've made my gradual progression from 6.8 SPC to 6.5 Grendel and finally to 6mm ARC. For general shooting I much prefer the ARC good 6mm target and hunting bullets at useable velocities, at mag length without encroaching into space better used for powder.

Don't know why anyone would bother with 6 SPC wildcats now that the ARC is available, seems like a lot of pain in the ass to get similar speeds with varmint bullets, and not be able to use the heavier bullets at all. More effort and money for less capability, flexibility and industry support.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
I've made my gradual progression from 6.8 SPC to 6.5 Grendel and finally to 6mm ARC. For general shooting I much prefer the ARC good 6mm target and hunting bullets at useable velocities, at mag length without encroaching into space better used for powder.

Don't know why anyone would bother with 6 SPC wildcats now that the ARC is available, seems like a lot of pain in the ass to get similar speeds with varmint bullets, and not be able to use the heavier bullets at all. More effort and money for less capability, flexibility and industry support.
I don't know anyone who would want to hunt at normal distances with 90 grain bullets out of a 6mm SPC and have a relatively flat trajectory over that distance when they can fantasize about hunting game at 600 yards with a 6 ARC and never have to get away from their computers. And who would be stupid enough to want an extra round in the magazine and have cartridges that feed smoothly? No one, surely.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 06/07/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You've never seen,let alone shot ANY of it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

'Nother 22 PPC AFI here amidship,in 'Bravo chassis,betwixt Garrow Hummer and Vudoo 22LR. You better Google those too. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

You've never seen,let alone shot ANY of it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

'Nother 22 PPC AFI here amidship,in 'Bravo chassis,betwixt Garrow Hummer and Vudoo 22LR. You better Google those too. Hint.

You sure like ugly rifles.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

You sure like ugly rifles.

They are masterpieces of beauty compared to what he looks like. Think fire hydrant with a nose ring.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I don't know anyone who would want to hunt at normal distances with 90 grain bullets out of a 6mm SPC and have a relatively flat trajectory over that distance when they can fantasize about hunting game at 600 yards with a 6 ARC and never have to get away from their computers. And who would be stupid enough to want an extra round in the magazine and have cartridges that feed smoothly? No one, surely.

I've got 10, 15, 20 and 26 round mags from ASC, Duramag and Cprod that have worked fine for me with Grendel and ARC, feed well, I'm not worried about one extra round.

My ARCs have run 85gr, 90gr, 95gr, 100gr, 105gr, 108gr and 112gr bullets just fine, in fact my latest loads have been 90gr TGKs at mag length out of my 18" at a bit over 2,800 fps (best accuracy, but have run up past 2,900 fps). I can run lighter bullets if I want to, it's just not my only option, and I get away from my computer and behind rifles plenty, dick.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 06/07/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I've got 10, 15, 20 and 26 round mags from ASC, Duramag and Cprod that have worked fine for me with Grendel and ARC, feed well, I'm not worried about one extra round.

My ARCs have run 85gr, 90gr, 95gr, 100gr, 105gr, 108gr and 112gr bullets just fine, in fact my latest loads have been 90gr TGKs at mag length out of my 18" at a bit over 2,800 fps (best accuracy, but have run up past 2,900 fps). I can run lighter bullets if I want to, it's just not my only option, and I get away from my computer and behind rifles plenty, dick.
Not everyone wants large magazines protruding from their rifle when they are wanting a very light slim rifle, dich-hed. What's the next cartridge you're going to "progress to"?

Last edited by Riflehunter; 06/07/23.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Not everyone wants large magazines protruding from their rifle when they are wanting a very light slim rifle, dich-hed. What's the next cartridge you're going to "progress to"?

They are ARs you chode, you were the one complaining about losing one round capacity, now the standard mags are too much? Don't see myself moving away from the 6 ARC anytime soon, it fixed most of the things that I didn't care for in the the SPC and Grendel, and the industry support is catching up to the Grendel. It's about the best you can do in an AR for general purpose thus far. SPC has the weakest support out of the bunch at this point, it was the top option when I had mine 12-ish years ago, but has really fallen off.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

They are ARs you chode, you were the one complaining about losing one round capacity, now the standard mags are too much? Don't see myself moving away from the 6 ARC anytime soon, it fixed most of the things that I didn't care for in the the SPC and Grendel, and the industry support is catching up to the Grendel. It's about the best you can do in an AR for general purpose thus far. SPC has the weakest support out of the bunch at this point, it was the top option when I had mine 12-ish years ago, but has really fallen off.
Everyone on this thread has been talking about bolt-action rifles not ARs you chode-head.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Everyone on this thread has been talking about bolt-action rifles not ARs you chode-head.

It's just as easy of a decision for bolt actions as for ARs, a 6mm wildcat based on a dying parent case would be my absolute last choice, and only if the OP couldn't get a new bolt head, or the bolt cut and the rifle had some kind of sentimental importance. Otherwise modify the bolt and get a barrel, or sell the rifle and get one of the several factory 6mm ARC rifles or even prefits being offered. Going that route OP would have factory ammo if needed, cases soon to be released from Starline and Petersen and higher pressure ARC bolt gun book load data, to dial the performance up even further.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BALLISTIK, BallisticBRYAN, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.