Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
…. in Light Weight Field Boots.

That last part is important.

How could I forget!?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They have Urethane Soles. The mind boggles.

Would it be weird to be a bit turned-on by them? All that knobby urethane… the smooth fabric…. the long, sinewy laces… and can be had for such a slutty, slutty price!

Asking for a friend—

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They have Urethane Soles. The mind boggles.

Would it be weird to be a bit turned-on by them? All that knobby urethane… the smooth fabric…. the long, sinewy laces… and can be had for such a slutty, slutty price!

Asking for a friend—

Soooo... Priests of the Cult of the Tennisbootsthings - are like Catholic Priests.

Fascinating.

MeraMax Polyurethane soles - are half the weight of Vibram, and more flexible, so they are quieter hunting in the woods.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And that upsets you, somehow, and drives you to sexual fantasies about light weight field boots.

Have you told this to your mental health provider?

Billable hours.

GR

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It makes me…. errr, my friend…. want to stick a bare foot into them and just wriggle it around until it stops feeling good. Dayum. Those are some fine, fine pieces of footwear.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Happy camper,

No one’s buying the idea of your chit box army boots…

Same as your bull chit marksmanship threads.

You’ve brought zero to this thread…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Happy camper,

No one’s buying the idea of your chit box army boots…

Same as your bull chit marksmanship threads.

You’ve brought zero to this thread…

On the contrary, benchrest beer-gut, as this is your OP.

Outed a bunch of self-inovlved perverts and marksmanship retards, like yourself.

You Cultists are a tight-knit group.

Butt-to-balls.

Marksmanship is a Skill, and light weight field boots work just fine.

Now go be upset, little one.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We aren't cultists. And we're definitely not dumb enough to wear cheap ass dog schiet boots.

If you want to, go ahead.

How was swamp rabbit season down on the bayou?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/07/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It makes me…. errr, my friend…. want to stick a bare foot into them and just wriggle it around until it stops feeling good. Dayum. Those are some fine, fine pieces of footwear.

As kids, we hunted a lot in Converse canvas high-tops, because they were quiet in the woods, inexpensive, and protected the ankles.

Bet that sends all y'all Cultists into a frenzy.

GR

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m not upset. Just calling your bull chit.

I started this thread looking for info….

And many have given advice based on their real world use.

You post the same thing over and over.

The same drivel.
The same pic. ( likely snagged off the internet. Like the waterstones pic Ren50 busted you on).

I appreciate the advice from the guys that actually get afield and use their gear.

You aren’t one of those.

If i ever new a recommendation for a TV remote, you’ll be the one i ask…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
We aren't cultists. And we're definitely not dumb enough to wear cheap ass dog schiet boots.

If you want to, go ahead.

How was swamp rabbit season down on the bayou?

Did you here that...?

Sounded almost like a baby... farting.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I’m not upset. Just calling your bull chit.

I started this thread looking for info….

Light weight field boots... don't come with a hand job, princess.

You got what you asked for... not what you wanted.

So go be upset and pout.

GR

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Did you here that...?

Sounded almost like a baby... farting.

GR

That was you schieting your depends gramps.

How was nutria season?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/07/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have many, many, many, miles in "lightweight field boots" but when other manufacturers got into the GI boot game, and we could wear something else, I switched in a heart beat to "tennis-shoe boot things" for all the ruck marches we did. Fast forward to being retired from the Army, and I'm not wearing anything I wore in the Army. Of course, I'm not wearing lightweight boots either, something about a reconstructed ankle that needs maximum support while I have a pack on my back, but I wont hate on anyone able to rock the lightest weight stuff possible!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gear discussions are always interesting. Boots are about the most individualized gear there is, with respect to the concept that "what works for one won't necessarily work for others." Especially with accumulated miles and injuries that change the feet, and the differences in what each individual needs out of their boots. There are lots of great boots that just don't work for me, both lightweight and standard.

Arguing about which is "best" is hilarious.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smokepole;
Good Thursday morning to you my cyber friend, I hope it's staying cool enough down in your portion of Colorado to suit you and you're well.

You are, in my opinion, on the mark about all gear but especially footwear being individualized and variable in how it'll work for others.

It's interesting too when we throw in a variety of terrain which might as it did in this thread cause 'Fire Folk from other geographic locations to question our cognitive reasoning ability or how bright we're not if we hunt in a certain place.

We're blessed here in that the seasons are still pretty long too, to regulate kill numbers they've put in antler point restrictions, which means we can go from nearly 31°C at the beginning of season to -28°C in snow up to one's knees towards the end.

Typically my taller Meindl boots and the socks for them stay in the pickup all that time, so if whatever has happened to get shot hasn't died in a convenient location, the footwear can be adjusted accordingly on the next few trips.

Usually I can get a deer out in two trips, but I want to say the bull moose was at least 4 and might have been 5 trips actually. Funny how you think you'll never forget some details but somehow this morning that one's been misplaced.

Anyways it's been educational for me for sure and I have appreciated the replies, especially from those who hunt different landscape than I do.

Best to you once more sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always enjoy your posts, Dwayne. Good on ye. 👍

I think that while it’s true footwear is highly personal, and that it’s a multi-variable equation with different terrain, body issues, seasons, geography, and so on, all factoring in, it’s still true that the evolution of hiking footwear has moved forward considerably in recent years and gifted us with some pretty cool options.

I’m in my late 50’s and in some ways, “my issues have issues”, so I’m certainly empathetic towards the idea that for some folks protecting weak areas of the body is key. I do think though that we all got it drummed into our heads since we were wee lads that you have to have “boots” to protect your ankles. With the disclaimer that my ankles are a strong and historically problem-free part of my legs, I disagree AND I think if the goal is protect one’s ankles, at the very least, guys should train in light hikers to strengthen the various pieces and parts that comprise lower leg functionality- which does go far beyond ankles. The goal should be to not need to protect them, it should be to have fully functional legs.

Again though, I’m not dogmatic here; I’m currently a bit hobbled because I just pulled a quad hopping into the bed of my truck to access the top of the roof to wash off pollen. WTF?! I couldn’t even tell you the last time I pulled a quad. Maybe never! So guys gotta do what they gotta do, but it’s my sincere hope that they don’t let the high cost of admission (these newfangled shoes are amazing, but they ain’t cheap) and the aspersions cast by certain folks still stuck in a past era, keep them from giving them a try.

Trekking poles are another issue of this type. Any older person who hasn’t tried them for “political” reasons is making a huge mistake. I truly doubt I could’ve done the big hikes I’ve done in the last few years without them. I’ll save further thoughts on them for a dedicated thread if there ever is one here.

Happy trails to everyone and I truly hope folks find ways to keep on truckin’.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Does anyone remember the lightweight Rocky's that didn't last even one hunting season?

They were like slippers......but the roll on a mountain-side was horrendous.

Comfortable, if you weren't hunting.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a question for all y'all "experts" in high-tech field footwear.

This is just one of the places hunted.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How are your mesh ultra-lite Tennisbootsthings goin' to hold up?

GR

Altamas would be good choice for that slough:

https://originalfootwear.com/collections/altama/products/altama-maritime-assault-relv-moab

Or 8" versions.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here's a question for all y'all "experts" in high-tech field footwear.

This is just one of the places hunted.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How are your mesh ultra-lite Tennisbootsthings goin' to hold up?

Your 4-wheel drive truck would be useless there, does that mean you don't need one?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.