Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I live in North Arkansas and we are getting haze from it here. News is telling us it is too dangerous to go outside. This fall after the farmers cut the rice and will burn the stubble. it will be 10 times worse and not one warning will be issued.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Laughing my ass off. Big news, New Jerk can't breath!!!! Fuggum!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All of a sudden some natural events that have occurred for centuries are making life temporarily "uncomfortable" for folks that continually accept bad and unpunished crimes, rotten politics, ineffective/pernicious/invasive government, etc.. Once the Canadian smoke blows past, the issue will be forgotten and they can go back to what?

The same dummies that are making such a big deal abut this could use some educational experiences where massive forest fires at high elevation are bearing down on your place, the threat is big and immediate and the smoke, although unbelievably dense, is the least thing to worry about.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
New York City

[Linked Image from imageio.forbes.com]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yep, thats what the west coast has looked like half the summer, for the last ten years!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back when most of western Oregon was on fire a couple years ago, it was dark as night at 11:00 AM at our house.

Carpe' Scrotum
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The smoke is bothering some folks as far down as North Carolina. It depends on your health condition. My elderly uncle usually walks about two miles a day and he can't do it now. A good friend of mines wife has asthma and she can't even go out and ride or feed her horses. So don't make fun of it just because it doesn't effect you.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Eco terrorism. Why is it that when one fire starts there are dozens more spontaneous fires out of control? I'll tell you boys and girls, it's so the climate cult can say it is all about climate change. Little justin T can push his next agenda.

And if there is a dumber bunch of fucg-heads than NYC I would like to hear about it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The top 3 things Canada can keep, no need to share.

Smoke, cold, and geese.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
This is hilarious!

The news is acting like this is the end of the earth for the Northeast USA....

Sort of the way it is when they have to deal with some gusts and some rain from the remnants of a hurricane that clobbered southern states as a hurricane.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CWT
The smoke is bothering some folks as far down as North Carolina. It depends on your health condition. My elderly uncle usually walks about two miles a day and he can't do it now. A good friend of mines wife has asthma and she can't even go out and ride or feed her horses. So don't make fun of it just because it doesn't effect you.
Not making fun of folks in NC, and I have learned from experience that those with impairments (like me) simply need to set aside some of their routines for a day or three until this passes. I don't get to do what I want every day even when there is no "emergency".

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
Check out this twitter link. It appears like multiple arsonists got this ball rolling.

https://twitter.com/DarnelSugarfoo/status/1666543514447130624

yeah, the link mentions the College professor who lost his job at one of the U Cal campuses, and set a fire, to blame it on climate change. I drove home east of Susanville, when coming back from a Campfire Get Together in Arizona. Smoke was so thick, you couldn't see past a 100 yds, and at times, even less.

A lot of these are set by arsonists, just idiots who want to brag to their moron dweeb friends, that they started it..
and then there are copy cats. California seems to have more of them than Oregon and Washington.

Travels between here and Arizona several years ago, in rural Nevada, on US 93, I was listening to the only thing I could pick up on the radio, which was NPR, with their "All Things Considered" radio show. They were speaking about before 1980, the State of Nevada averaged about 30,000 acres burned each summer. Since 1980 annual averages are over 600,000 acres are burned each year, a 20 fold increase annually. This was what was being reported by NPR on a talk show, so take that with how many grains of salt ya want to. But even the left is admitting to a substantial increase with change of the amount of land burned each year.... and isn't this about the time, all of this Global Warming and Climate Change started " showing up"?

I've crossed Montana and Idaho when they have been having fires. They are a hell of a lot better taking care of it, as compared to the three west coast states. ODF tries to get out there, and take care of it. But the Feds have been reported to be going out and telling ODF, to stand down and they will take over the fire.. and then do nothing but let it burn. Are we all to believe this is good forest management?

and yet the money spent and burnt up ( no pun intended, but if the shoe fits) supposedly fighting these fires is off the charts. Know guys who are retired forest service people, and on some of these big fires we've had in the last 27 years, they are paid $900 a day, just to be stationed somewhere " in reserve", at times for 5 and 6 weeks straight. And they do nothing but stay there in reserve...so that is $6300 a week, for 5 or 6 weeks. Governmental efficiency...

Doesn't take a genius to figure this out, when you live it, when its all around you and the entire area, every darn summer.
I get this from feed back talking to guys who work around it every summer.

Then they get the National Guard activated to go to points and just block traffic off. Being a Vet, its no problem to go out and talk to these guys for several hours if you desire...all pretty tell the same stories..more example of government waste of resources and money.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
New York City

[Linked Image from imageio.forbes.com]

you can see the buildings and they are a lot further than 100 yds away....

its not unusual for our air to be so smoke filled, you can see anything but a "smoke wall" 100 yds or less away from you, but when its not there, there is entire mountain sides that 3000 to 5000 ft high right in front of you, in all directions as far as you can see.

Pictures like this represent the "GOOD DAYS" during fire season.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Seafire
This is hilarious!

The news is acting like this is the end of the earth for the Northeast USA....

Sort of the way it is when they have to deal with some gusts and some rain from the remnants of a hurricane that clobbered southern states as a hurricane.

I can relate, I started school in Key West FL. My dad was USAF liaison at Key West Naval Air Station. I've also lived in Miami Beach when I was younger, and in Palm Beach after Key West. So yeah, I've lived thru Hurricanes also, and I've also lived thru Tornados in the Upper Midwest of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin...
Spent a summer working in No Georgia during summer college break, just south of my Grand Parents place in Chattanooga TN. I was up in Cleveland TN in the summer of 71 or 72, when a Tornado touched down, and walked from one side of town to the other, west to east. IT took out 10 blocks on each side of US 11 & 64. It was dropping cars, house trailers, cattle and other debris, 60 to 80 miles east of Cleveland TN.

I've been in bad weather and disasters all over the USA in my lifetime. Hurricanes and Tornados are not necessarily preventable, Forest Fire extremes are....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kwg020
Check out this twitter link. It appears like multiple arsonists got this ball rolling.

https://twitter.com/DarnelSugarfoo/status/1666543514447130624

Exactly! Eco terrorists proving Climate Change is real.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just remembered back in 1976 or so China set off an above ground nuclear blast. The sky turned yellow all across the country as it passed. That was eerie. Glacier Lake disappeared on us a few years back in some big fire out there. A timely cold front brought a little rain into the Tetons a few days later and cleared it up. We saw mountains! More to the point, we had a magnificent orange ball sun yesterday afternoon over the picturesque Walmart parking lot. It's never all bad....for long.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.