Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Amazing the hurt feelers from people that think there is a difference between the current democrat and Republican Party.
Hmmmm.

I'm voting for whomever is on the republican ballot come Nov 2024.

Who else am I supposed to vote for, a democrat? Unless a strong candidate comes up 3rd party but we have never had one.
I don’t know, I’m in the same boat, as I posted on another thread, I still can’t get the stink off my hand from voting for both Romney and McCain.

The lesser of two evils has always been the way, maybe it’s time for plan B

Closest we have come to a legit candidate was Perot .

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I distrust both parties equally.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

And we should. They are not looking out for us. People go to Washington to become wealthier not represent the average Joe with very very few exceptions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ModelT
Bernie Sanders is an Independent

Go share a bed and breakfast with your kamerade
What about McConnel, Romney and all the other Rino's who side with Democrats. The Republican party is becoming a schit-show just like the Democrats and could care less about the American people they after money and power.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am a patriotic American. I do not register for any party and do not consider myself as an independent, republican or democrat. I vote for who I think will honor their oath of office and protect and defend our Constitution. It is sad that most people that we are allowed to vote for by our corrupt political organizations that control the nominations choose who they want to fit their sordid agenda.

IC B2

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
A third party under Trump is coming...

Voting our way out of this fiasco... will then be easy peasy.

I disagree.

A vote for Ross Perot got us Bill Clinton.

George H. W. Bush was not perfect. But he was better than Slick Willy.

A third party Trump will get is Biden again.

Its not just about winning big. Its also about Not losing big.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How does one register as an independent?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Same here it's gotten to the point you really shouldn't trust any of them. Most talk the talk but don't walk the walk. They only after your vote after that they could care less about you.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I will vote for Trump but no one else. Why in the world vote for someone you don't trust simply because you believe he/she is the lesser of two evils!

Last edited by DonFischer; 06/10/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have to register as a D or R to vote in the primaries here so no good reason to register independent. In the general election you can vote for whoever you want.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by CashisKing
A third party under Trump is coming...

Voting our way out of this fiasco... will then be easy peasy.

I disagree.

A vote for Ross Perot got us Bill Clinton.

George H. W. Bush was not perfect. But he was better than Slick Willy.

A third party Trump will get is Biden again.

Its not just about winning big. Its also about Not losing big.

BMT

You both assume that your vote matters, think 2020 and 2022, hint, it doesn’t.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by ModelT
Bernie Sanders is an Independent

Go share a bed and breakfast with your kamerade

I'll share a jail cell with the guy I voted 2x for president Trump and it is spelled comrade you illiterate moron.
I predict bleeding from the anus in your future.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole

In Louisiana I can go online and change party get a new voter card in 7-10 days.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Riverc

In Louisiana I can go online and change party get a new voter card in 7-10 days.

Yes but will it say "Independent" on it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Riverc

Yes but will it say "Independent" on it?
Yes

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bkraft
GFY! That's none ya damn business.
Ok, you don’t say what state you reside. Does your state have party affiliation registration?

If so, is it any of their business which party you support?

Voting is supposed to be private and confidential, if your state requires you to register your party affiliation in order to exercise your right to vote, haven’t you just waved one of our basic constitutional rights.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Not registered with any party. The RNC left me around GWB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, you don’t say what state you reside. Does your state have party affiliation registration?

Voting is supposed to be private and confidential, if your state requires you to register your party affiliation in order to exercise your right to vote, haven’t you just waved one of our basic constitutional rights.

Jeebus what a Debbie downer.

Must I designate a party affiliation?

No, voters may choose from any party that is recognized in Nebraska or they may choose to not affiliate with any party by checking the non-partisan box on the application.

If you wish to vote in the primary election, where parties choose their nominees for state and county offices, you need to declare your party affiliation.

If you register without a political party affiliation, you will receive only the non-partisan ballots at a primary election.

Non-partisans may designate a party preference at primary elections and receive partisan ballots for the Senate and House congressional races.

Party designation has no bearing when voting a non-partisan ballot or in the general election.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TEXAS

Party Affiliation: In Texas, there are two main ways for a voter to affiliate with a party: by being accepted to vote in a party’s primary election or by taking an oath of affiliation with a party. A voter’s affiliation with a party automatically expires at the end of each calendar year, which is December 31. A voter who has affiliated themselves with a party is unable to participate in the party affairs of a party other than the party that they have affiliated themselves with.

A registered voter is not required to pre-register or take any steps towards affiliating themselves with a party before voting in a party’s primary election. Additionally, when a person registers to vote in Texas, they do not register with any kind of party affiliation.

If a voter has not voted in a party primary or taken an oath of affiliation with a party this calendar year, they have not yet affiliated with any party. If a voter has not yet affiliated with a party, they are able to vote in either party’s primary election. However, if a voter votes in the primary of one party, they will only be able to vote in that party’s primary runoff election. After being affiliated with a party, a voter is not able to change or end your party affiliation until the end of the calendar year.

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/elections/voter-registration/TX

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Jeebus what a Debbie downer.

Must I designate a party affiliation?

No, voters may choose from any party that is recognized in Nebraska or they may choose to not affiliate with any party by checking the non-partisan box on the application.

If you wish to vote in the primary election, where parties choose their nominees for state and county offices, you need to declare your party affiliation.

If you register without a political party affiliation, you will receive only the non-partisan ballots at a primary election.

Non-partisans may designate a party preference at primary elections and receive partisan ballots for the Senate and House congressional races.

Party designation has no bearing when voting a non-partisan ballot or in the general election.
MN Supreme Court ruled that unconstitutional.

Everyone gets the same ballot, dem on one side Rep on the other, nobody knows or has a right to know which side you selected.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 37 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,319
Posts18,526,406
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.