Hop To
S
S99VG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
WTS - Stith K-2.5/3 - Lyman Alaskan mount with leather caps

I have a Stith mount for a Savage 99 that comes with a private labeled JC Higgins 2.5-power scope. The scope was made by Weaver "back in the day" and it is in very good and presentable condition. The Higgins differs a bit from the standard K2.5 as it looks a lot like a 1-inch diameter Alaskan would if Lyman made them on 1-inch tubes. The scope has fine crosshairs and the optics are as in good a shape as you could expect from a scope made by Weaver in the 1960s. But I have more to go with this. I also have a Stith front tube for a 7/8-inch Alaskan and a set of Brownells ring reducers that can be used on the back ring to accommodate a smaller diameter scope. The mount(s) also come with a set of Stith leather scope covers for the 1-inch tube. The Stith is of all steel construction and all parts are in very nice condition with solid bluing. I am asking $300.00 shipped for the Stith K-2.5/3 - Lyman Alaskan combo set up with leather caps. Please PM me for photos if interested and many thanks for checking out my classified.

PS - I have other Stith mounts and parts I will be posting soon

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Windage adjustable or no?

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
tag

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
S99VG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The rear base is the three piece set up from the older mounts. The ring sets in a saddle that is affixed to the steel base with a screw. This setup allows you to make windage adjustments via drifting the the front dovetail right or left and then tightening the screw down on the rear base. So this base does not have the side screw adjustors you find in the later aluminum bases however you can make windage adjustments as I explained. And I have never had any difficulty doing so with Weaver scopes.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I will take this, please. PM to follow.

Eric

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics are questionable.
IC B2

S
S99VG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ericn
I will take this, please. PM to follow.

Eric

PM sent

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,267
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.