Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Very nice!

I already noticed a small leaf virus of some kind so I've had good luck in the past with warm water ans a teaspoon of baking soda ans a drop of Dawn dish washing liquid shaken and sprayed on the plants before dark. Never in the sunlight, naturally.

Got more to plant as the grass needed mowed.

HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Got almost everything in as I plan on finishing up today possibly.
Another friend dropped off some more plants donated to the cause and as my wife likes to plant her herbs
he also donated some more of those to her for her patio plants. Being closer to the kitchen and more Convenient.
The heat is backing down from mid to high 80's to mid 70's so it'll be a lot friendlier working in the garden conditions.

HS 58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Got everything in as I came in to get cleaned up and my Bride had a wonderful lunch waiting.
Got a few plants left over that I'll give to another neighbor that dabbles in gardening a tad.
Gorgeous weather as mid 70's sunny and breezy.
Gotta enjoy it while we can and Give Thanks!

HS 58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My tomatoes got too much rain, pulled them up, squash got squashed by big rain we had Saturday. My cucumbers and jalapeño’s are doing great.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine is really good this year. We've already had beets, broccoli, cabbage, red potatoes, and green peas. Squash and green beans are almost in.

IC B2

Riverc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My zucchini, squash have struggled just not producing. Cucumbers ,peppers, okra, peas all good. Corn doing good if I can keep the coons out they raided it a few nights ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riverc
My zucchini, squash have struggled just not producing. Cucumbers ,peppers, okra, peas all good. Corn doing good if I can keep the coons out they raided it a few nights ago.

My earliest sweet corn is a couple of weeks away from being ready, and I've had coon traps out all year, because they get into it if I don't. Caught two this week, only 50 yards from the garden. Hopefully, that will put a dent in them.

Riverc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
[quote=Riverc]My zucchini, squash have struggled just not producing. Cucumbers ,peppers, okra, peas all good. Corn doing good if I can keep the coons out they raided it a few nights ago.

My earliest sweet corn is a couple of weeks away from being ready, and I've had coon traps out all year, because they get into it if I don't. Caught two this week, only 50 yards from the garden. Hopefully, that will put a dent in them.[/quote
]I made a batch of Tabasco and Cayenne Pepper & castile Soap sprayed throughout the corn every couple of days no coons yet hope this works. I'm almost done with corn picked some yesterday was good eating.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caught another coon last night, makes 3 in the last 5 days. I hope their numbers are dwindling.

Riverc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Caught another coon last night, makes 3 in the last 5 days. I hope their numbers are dwindling.
Good they pretty but can become a pain in the butt.You releasing them are gonna eat them?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good they pretty but can become a pain in the butt.You releasing them are gonna eat them?

I release them after I put them to sleep, permanent like, with a 22 to the head. Then they become buzzard feed.

Riverc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I release them after I put them to sleep, permanent like, with a 22 to the head. Then they become buzzard feed.
laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys are lucky !!

Just put ours in Saturday & Sunday.

Early, mid & late taters, grape & beefsteak toms, cucumbers, green & yellow bush beans, brussel sprouts, iceberg & bib lettuce.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hot dry winds of may/June are hard on plants in far southeastern Arizona. Last 5 or 6 years I wait till 1st of July to plant. Have had the highest yield and good plant health than I had ever experienced in the past.

Riverc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Hot dry winds of may/June are hard on plants in far southeastern Arizona. Last 5 or 6 years I wait till 1st of July to plant. Have had the highest yield and good plant health than I had ever experienced in the past.
I hear ya monsoon rains should help that time of year (July)

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The new strawberry bed.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Garden is in and doing pretty well all in all. Lost a few small pepper plants to an early leaf fungus and some Eggplant leaves we're treated and are doing better.
I noticed a brown spot lawn fungus in the yard the past week I've been treating and possibly carried onto the near by garden leaves. Always something but such is life.
We had some well needed rains this past week and it has cooled things down. The 9 different variety of tomatoes are doing extremely well! Heading out to do a little weeding and watering.

HS 58

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Due to knee replacement, I did not plan one this year.
Left fallow, allowed for some tall grass and weeds.
Could not stand it and went to the COOP and bought some SPINDLY tomato plants Saturday,
went to plant them that afternoon and first thing I find is a VERY newly born fawn in one of the beds.

Planted the tomatoes at the other end and left with the fawn still pretending to be hidden.

Hope it survives this coyote that leaves his marker in the driveway every once in a while and the bobcat that lives next door!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife is the gardener, when it cools off she''ll till, spread Preen, and water.
The strawberry bed.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Closer.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,015
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.