Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Seafire
how many women have you guys ever met, that didn't think it was her right to preach to everyone she felt like it toward.

They are the type who never shut up and never think they are wrong... about anything.

So, deflave is a woman!?

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.

Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Since you claim in writing the Scripture contradicts Itself, how do you choose Which to accept?

Another request: Please give a couple examples of Scripture contradicting Itself.

No, I'm not saying scripture contradicts itself. I'm saying that if you interpret it to say that God never allows women to preach, then you have made it contradict itself by your misinformed interpretation.[/quote]

There is no interpretation necessary. One humbles himself enough to accept God at His Word or exalts himself and contradicts God. How do you explain Apostle Paul using Eve (you do believe Eve is real, don't you?) to teach "a woman should not have authority over a man or teach a man"? In the Passage Apostle Paul instructs....well I will just quote it.

1 Timothy 2:8-14

"Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wreath and dissension. Likewise, women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls, or costly garments, but rather by means of good work, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, then Eve. An Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

You can rationalize all you want, but Apostle Paul is consistent in his teaching. Afterall, he tells us he teaches the same in all the churches and also tells us not to be arrogant and exceed what is written. No matter how much you want it not to be so, Apostle Paul wrote (recorded in 1 Corinthians 14:26-38,

"What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret; but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment. But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted; and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church. Was it from you that the word of God first went forth? Or has it come to you only?

If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord’s commandment. But if anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized."

Please show us where God grants any woman authority to teach or preach to men.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
For the life of me, I do not feel God would wish for us to prevent anyone from preaching the Gospel. If God gives a woman the gift of the ability to share his true word, Really could not imagine he would want that gift bottled up and not shared. If an individual, he or she is a false prophet, that is another matter entirely.

Do you believe God's Word? See the response above. There are quotes.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
And they should not vote either.

I think it was Laura Ingram who said something like, "The beginning of the end of this country was when woman started voting."

It might have been the skinny blond woman with the Adam's apple who supported Cristy, though.

Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Methodist church local here got sent 5 women preachers in a row it went to schit last I heard there’s 4 in attendance on Sunday including the organist and the preacher
Some Methodists have gone woke. Big split from what I’ve read.

Curious which end of that spectrum are the ones you referenced.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell they all do weather we like it or not....................................................

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
No

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Methodist church local here got sent 5 women preachers in a row it went to schit last I heard there’s 4 in attendance on Sunday including the organist and the preacher

DF
Say what?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by RHClark
Since you claim in writing the Scripture contradicts Itself, how do you choose Which to accept?

Another request: Please give a couple examples of Scripture contradicting Itself.

No, I'm not saying scripture contradicts itself. I'm saying that if you interpret it to say that God never allows women to preach, then you have made it contradict itself by your misinformed interpretation.

There is no interpretation necessary. One humbles himself enough to accept God at His Word or exalts himself and contradicts God. How do you explain Apostle Paul using Eve (you do believe Eve is real, don't you?) to teach "a woman should not have authority over a man or teach a man"? In the Passage Apostle Paul instructs....well I will just quote it.

1 Timothy 2:8-14

"Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wreath and dissension. Likewise, women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls, or costly garments, but rather by means of good work, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, then Eve. An Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

You can rationalize all you want, but Apostle Paul is consistent in his teaching. Afterall, he tells us he teaches the same in all the churches and also tells us not to be arrogant and exceed what is written. No matter how much you want it not to be so, Apostle Paul wrote (recorded in 1 Corinthians 14:26-38,

"What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret; but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment. But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted; and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church. Was it from you that the word of God first went forth? Or has it come to you only?

If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord’s commandment. But if anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized."

Please show us where God grants any woman authority to teach or preach to men.[/quote]

Check out Balaam’s donkey, surely not ordained. No mention of male or female. But if Balaam hadn’t listen to what the donkey was trying to tell him, he’d have been chopped up by the angel with the sword.

Sometimes it’s the Word, not the donkey, that’s important. I think the Lord may still have some donkeys preaching His Word.

Pay attention to the Word. Worry less about the vessel used to deliver it.

Or you may miss something.

DF

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

DF
Old school god fearing folks don’t believe in woman preachers

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again, Charles Stanley said in an interview about 20 years ago that he got saved after being led to do so by the preaching of a woman evangelist. And he went on to preach the Gospel to millions of people worldwide for over 65 years.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

DF

Many left the UM here over the past month or two.
Most are now simply named "------ Church" by dropping the "United Methodist" portion from the name.
The 'bigger' Churches are having to buy the property back from UMC, the smaller country churches are mostly getting it back for little/nothing.

Wimmins & queers preaching just isn't all that to most of the more rural churches apparently.

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Raeford

DF

Many left the UM here over the past month or two.
Most are now simply named "------ Church" by dropping the "United Methodist" portion from the name.
The 'bigger' Churches are having to buy the property back from UMC, the smaller country churches are mostly getting it back for little/nothing.

Wimmins & queers preaching just isn't all that to most of the more rural churches apparently.
Exactly

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope,they need to cook,clean and suck cock.

Last edited by Huntz; 06/12/23.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Local baptist church has just about run off a closet gay preacher he’s “going on a leave of absence” now because his fugkin boyfriend that everybody knows about is going off to college.Wolf in a sheep’s clothing kinda ordeal ppls started noticing quirky schit and left.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
For the life of me, I do not feel God would wish for us to prevent anyone from preaching the Gospel. If God gives a woman the gift of the ability to share his true word, Really could not imagine he would want that gift bottled up and not shared. If an individual, he or she is a false prophet, that is another matter entirely.

Good post Sir, I agree!

As usual antlers and krp get right to the point and as usual I cannot agree more!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
False prophets yes good point hunt app very much so in the story on the closet gay preacher fugk that around my family.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Local baptist church has just about run off a closet gay preacher he’s “going on a leave of absence” now because his fugkin boyfriend that everybody knows about is going off to college.Wolf in a sheep’s clothing kinda ordeal ppls started noticing quirky schit and left.
Kudos to the flock who flushed that one.

Maybe they'll become a bit more inspired with future choices.

DF

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump is a false prophet and people fell for him hook line a sinker!

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by CWT
Trump is a false prophet and people fell for him hook line a sinker!
I think not care to discuss further while I’m in rant mode

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.