Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AB2506 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...ad-following-vehicular-collision-vermont

Actor Treat Williams died on June 12th from injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident in Vermont. A Honda Element attempted a left turn into a parking lot. Williams was unable to avoid the collision. Williams was airlifted to a hospital in Albany, NY where he was pronounced dead. Williams was 71.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I liked Deep Rising. A fun monster movie. RIP

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's what a fugging motorcycle is good for. I guess there's lots of worse ways to go.

RIP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Left turners are the number 1 threat to motorcyclists.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Never heard of him

Don't gobble at me
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Critical Bill in Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead. He left everyone he came up against in critical condition. I have to watch that one again.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Left turners are the number 1 threat to motorcyclists.

Yep. A good friend rode motorcycles for 40 years before a 63yo woman left turned in front of him, he landed on the other side of the vehicle with a foot pointing the wrong way. Spiral fracture femur, compound fracture tibia fibula. It was a struggle but they were able to save the leg. He ain’t gonna be doing jumping jacks or going out running ever again tho.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Old farts trying to buy back into their bygone youth!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Treat Williams was a great character actor. RIP Treat. Stupid geezers who shouldn't be driving is why I stopped riding Harleys.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
On the radio this A.M., they listed all the movies he'd been in...I didn't remember ever seeing one of them. His name is the most famous part I know about the guy.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
He starred in a movie long ago, Prince of the City. He played a NY homicide detective and he was great! I thought he was going to be a big movie star, but I see he mostly was a character actor on tv shows. Very good actor.

RIP Treat Williams. Damn those bikes are dangerous, it is a miracle I haven't been killed in a motorcycle crash.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
played DB cooper

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Old farts trying to buy back into their bygone youth!

Got nothing to do with stupid pricks left turning in front of them, dumbass.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
On the radio this A.M., they listed all the movies he'd been in...I didn't remember ever seeing one of them. His name is the most famous part I know about the guy.

My god, this post and others like it. A man is dead. What did Grammy say? Don't have something mice to say, say nothing at all.

Its Bike Week here, at least he died doing what he loved doing. RIP Brother.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Unlike you guys, I remember Treat Williams. He was a good actor. His hey day was back in the 80s. I use to live in Vermont before it got really popular with liberals from New York, southern New England, Jersey and Pennsylvania moving up there to "get back to Nature". Of course they ruined the state turning it into a place, that became just like where they left, just without the people. Liberals were all about politics in those days and " Get Involved", ruining every state they migrated to.

The first life I saved when I was in Medical Training in the Army, was off base in Spanaway Wash. I came down Hwy 7, in my old Volvo Wagon, when I saw a motorcycle laying torn up in the left lane, that I was traveling in. 100 yds up the road, lay a body, all twisted out of form. I stopped my car in front of him, with the flashers on, half in the left land and half in the center turn lane. I went up to him and he was still breathing.

a State trooper had just arrived and had someone else block the left lane with his flashers on, and he had an ambulance on the way. another Trooper arrived a few minutes later, and was routing traffic. The ambulance crew was essentially Beavis and Butthead. The motorcyclist was going into shock, and he had two broken legs, one with multiple fractures. One was trying to cut his pants, to get to the injuries. They removed his helmet with no regards to a possible neck fracture. They had also cut his leather jacket sleeve off, to start and IV.

The idiot trying to start the IV, tries to start at the middle of his arm, at the elbow. He clasped the vein, lays the IV on the roadway, and tries to start another spot below it. He screws that up also, and then tries a third time, lower toward the wrist, again laying the IV on the roadway. I'm standing there and going nuts. The first trooper there, is watching this guy, and sees what I am seeing. He asked me if I had the skills to save the guys life as you could see he was going into shock badly.
I told him yes, but I was military but I didn't have authorization to work on civilians.

His response was Washington State had good Samaritan laws, and if I could save the man's life, do it. He's back me up. He yanked the EMT by the collar and told him to get out of there, and told me to get in there. Had the other guy to get me a new IV, and got that started immediately and had him hold the IV bag up. The other guy was trying to stop the bleeding, as he had an arterial bleed, squirting out each pulse beat. I took off my military belt and made a tourniquet above the multiple fracture, which stop the bleeding and put a pressure bandage over the spot bleeding. Got him stabilized but he had lost consciousness. A paramedic crew arrived, and the patient was handed over to them.

The trooper thanked me to doing what I did, and he went over to the lady driving the 67 Pontiac Catalina that had pulled out in front of the motorcycle. I saw him slam his hat down on the hood of her car and walked away cursing out loud. The other trooper took over. The Trooper walked back over to his cruiser, that I was standing by. I asked him what was wrong.

He told me that the first thing the lady had said, was she thought motorcycles were suppose to yield to cars, and the guy just ran into her left front fender. She had pulled out right in front of him. He didn't even have a chance to miss or dodge her Pontiac. The guy was on a dirt bike, and sad thing he was a professional dirt bike rider. The bimbo in the Pontiac didn't even give him a chance to miss her.

I really think that happens more than you'd expect. I'm sure the person driving the Honda Element, had the same thought in their head. I later had a couple of motorcycles. They are the ultimate convertible. But the above incident taught me one thing, on a Motorcycle, you are invisible to anything on 4 wheels or more. I never did too much riding in towns, I rode on rural roads only. I gave it up in 2000.

you didn't see Treat Williams later much in movies. He was one of those guys they tried to promote in the 80s, but he became a character actor, and just wasn't getting parts. Still doesn't mean he wasn't a good actor. RIP Treat, I sure miss your roles, as you always did a good job.

I sure hope whoever was driving the Honda Element gets their butt reamed by the courts. I've had three people pull right out in front of me in the past week, while driving my Camry or Pilot. Each time they had California plates. WTF could possibly go wrong? If they had Oregon plates, then they were probably have been from Potlandia...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
According to Wiki…..

Instrument-rated Commercial pilot, multi-engines and rotary.

Certified diving instructor.

l’d guess he owned some cool motorcycles over the years.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He was a good actor. RIP.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Never heard of him

you don't remember 60s and 70s? hair?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rest in Peace, Mr. Williams. You did your job well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,379
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.