-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottom line, its a chit breed, always has been. They cant be trusted and for damn sure shouldnt be out in public settings. We all know those damn things arent wired right and the numbers dont lie. Pits kill, thats what they do. Hopefully the dude comes out fine and gets rich off the dumbass who chose to bring that fuggin thing into a restaurant

GB1

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wasn’t there a video of someone being attacked in a restaurant? Could have sworn I saw that somewhere. Problem is I didn’t watch it. Could it be a coincidence that 2 people were attacked unprovoked in a restaurant?

Maybe it wasn’t on this site, but damn sure remember it.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Trained service dogs are necessary. Usually a Lab, Golden retriever, German Shepard or Standard size Poodle. They go through extensive training that is very expensive.
Emotional support dogs are not service dogs, not even close. You can easily tell the difference. Most Emotional support dogs are a joke. Pitt Bulls are neither. They are killers, ticking time bombs. They have the potential to go off at any time.

What if the OP's friend was walking to his table with a young child and the pitt launched from under the table and hit the child. This would probably be a story about a funeral instead of a visit to the ER.

I witnessed a pet tore in half by two pitt bulls. It happens quick. They dug under the fenced yard they were in. They were loose roaming the neighborhood.
A child doesn't a chance against a pitt bull. I have 4 young grandchildren. I would just as soon shoot a pitt bull as look at one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Keeping you and your family safe is your main responsibility as a man. Your friend needs to man up. If you can't defend yourself against a dog, you damn sure can't defend yourself against a person.
So its his friends fault? Would love to see you in a situation where a pit comes out of no where and locks onto your leg
He is a Pit Bull aficionado. A lot of them look at things differently than most people do. It does no good to ask them to keep their dog home or pay the damages.

That is why I just kill them when they show up on our place. A scoped rifle is necessary in my neighborhood if you have livestock. I can only imagine the distress the western ranchers feel with Canadian wolves being turned loose.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I certainly don't like nor trust pitbulls. I'd be fine if they went extinct. I think they're dangerous and serve no useful purpose. But...some people feel the same way about guns.

Last edited by Rangersedge; 06/13/23.
IC B2

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JeffA
I'll start with the easy stuff.

This is my buddy.

[Linked Image]

This is Mr.Puppy Dog Owner toolin' around Sanibel on his boat.

[Linked Image]

Can you get better pictures of your friends new boat?🙂 Hope your friend has a complete recovery.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You see dogs in every kind of business around here, from restaurants to building supplies to feed stores. Personally, I think it’s stupid to drag a dog around everywhere. I’m not a “pet parent “ or a “doggie daddy “ I’m a dog owner. I’ve probably owned around 50 dogs, mostly hounds, some retrievers and bird dogs. I don’t feel compelled to take a dog anywhere except dog events, hunting or training. People are getting more stupid all the time about their dogs.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Lawyer up.......

MORGAN & MORGAN

Browning X-Bolt .30-06
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS

Tikka T3x Lite 308 win
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
I certainly don't like nor trust pitfalls. I'd be fine if they went extinct. I think they're dangerous and serve no useful purpose. But...some people feel the same way about guns.
That is true. A lot of people are against a lot of different things. But the Pit Bull has a brain and can act on his own. That is a huge difference.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like dogs, but never understood the fixation people have with owning aggressive dogs. And they all claim they are wonderful.

Always wanted to go shoot hyenas, maybe exporting pit bulls to Africa and see how they fare against hyenas would be interesting.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
They are outlawed in many place.

Favorite dog of ghetto rats.

I always carry, especially when walking my dog as I have seen a few around.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
You see dogs in every kind of business around here, from restaurants to building supplies to feed stores. Personally, I think it’s stupid to drag a dog around everywhere. I’m not a “pet parent “ or a “doggie daddy “ I’m a dog owner. I’ve probably owned around 50 dogs, mostly hounds, some retrievers and bird dogs. I don’t feel compelled to take a dog anywhere except dog events, hunting or training. People are getting more stupid all the time about their dogs.
I was making a stopover in either Portland or Seattle on one of our trips to Alaska on Alaska Air. There was a family on their way to vacation in Hawaii with a big unhappy dog in a crate. I can't imagine taking a baby on a pleasure trip like that much less a dog.

If I'm looking for a place to spend the night while traveling a NO PETS sign is where I'll pull in.

U
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
U
I had this almost exact thing happen to me. Pit came from nowhere and was not expecting to be attacked but I was just fortunate enough to be carrying slightly weighty vehicle control parts. After clunking the pits head with bolts etcetera sticking out the bottom he turned around retreated. I backed up back to my vehicle without turning my back to him.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery.

I think the reason this is so concerning is most of us have some level of situational awareness.
Not so much when relaxing in a nice restaurant.

I hope your friend sues the living daylights out of the dog owner, as a public service.
Take his house, car, boat and 401K.
Talk to the local DA about bringing charges of reckless endangerment.

People need to be aware that having an aggressive dog in public is a liability that could destroy them.

MOLON LABE
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I certainly don't like nor trust pitbulls. I'd be fine if they went extinct. I think they're dangerous and serve no useful purpose. But...some people feel the same way about guns.

Guns aren't self propelled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its been done before on here and is still an absolutely ridiculous comparison. A gun will not kill you. A person will or a pitbull on its own free will. A gun isnt a living, breathing, thinking thing. Its a tool. Nothing more

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can bet Mr Sailboat/Pit Bull guy is all lawyered up already.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
You can bet Mr Sailboat/Pit Bull guy is all lawyered up already.

Probably but even his lawyer(s) have to be thinking about how to minimize the payout because the dog owner will be paying something, for sure.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by armchair
They are outlawed in many place.

If I remember correctly, 'Flave said they are outlawed in Miami Dade county.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just looked up Florida law. Pit bulls are allowed as service dogs in Florida.
However they must be controlled at all times, either by verbal command, or by leash and harness.

Rich Yankee is up the creek, legally speaking.

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 309coug, 17CalFan, 16penny, 38 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,881
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.