Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
When are the middle class going to start subsidizing home loans for poor people? Has that kicked off yet?

Private investors do it all the time.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Signed a heloc last summer please god no started out at 3%

I hope for your sake it is one with a 2% annual cap?
Wife is in charge of the bills all I know is the paper said it could go as high as 18%😳😳

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Wife is in charge of the bills all I know is the paper said it could go as high as 18%😳😳

shocked eek cry

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Lock those CD in Now ..

Next Step is Cutting Rates ..

Probably just as Fast as they went Up …

Government Statistics are Bogus…

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I dont think Interest rates are going up much more. President Biden has no idea what they are , but the people around him are a bit nervous about them going up. too much.. They have about a year and then I bet they go down. If they go up another 3%? it will really do damage to the economy and market. The Dems wont have that . If the have to , they would even make up fake numbers on the inflation report to fool Mr. Powell . No need to fool Miss Yellen, she is already in the bag for the Dems. No?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

shocked eek cry
Can make interest only payments I’m betting rates will drop 🤞

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the Vid, I watch the RFD channel for the market report. Interesting how the farm market is Not keeping pace with the grocery store prices.

Tomorrow, me and my Timber Broker have a scheduled meeting to discuss the status of mills and markets, may be time to cut some of my timber, we will see. Frankly, so far the price increase on boards for walls is about four times the stumpage price increases. Plus the local mills have stopped paying the truckers milage for hauling logs to their mill, the drivers need to take it out of the price paid for the logs or not get paid. We will see, my trees grow by 12% per year, so I can sit.

Last edited by Rapier; 06/13/23.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Local mill here quit buying logs for 3 weeks

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The damn fools at the fed and the democrats have no idea what to do. Their “inflation controls” haven’t worked so now they are just lying to us. The republicans don’t have the balls to do what is needed and they don’t have the smarts to sell common sense solutions to the public. Not a rosy picture of the future, but people end up with the kind of government they deserve - the bad part is, they drag the rest of us along with them.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Every year they shut down a month just for maintainence and improvements. We had four mills shut down here in April, they are still backed up at their yards. two are still doing expansions. I suspect we will be talking about a planned time space for mill inventory reduction.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There often aren't enough loggers here still in business to effectively cut what folks want cut each year. The cost of equipment, insurance, and labor has gone through the roof, while income for the logger has not. Combine that with the mills cutting them off at random times and there's less incentive for them to stay in business. We're going to turn around soon and find full forests (excess supply) with too few small/medium job loggers to come get the fiber.

Now with even more aplomb
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Rapier
Every year they shut down a month just for maintainence and improvements. We had four mills shut down here in April, they are still backed up at their yards. two are still doing expansions. I suspect we will be talking about a planned time space for mill inventory reduction.
Inventory reduction is the reason

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
When are the middle class going to start subsidizing home loans for poor people? Has that kicked off yet?

Private investors do it all the time.

I believe this will be mandated by the government for all home loans.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm ready to see high interest rates again. I bought my first house in 1984 and interest rates sucked. Sold that house 20 years later for 5 times what I paid. Lost most of that in the stock market and the Riverside bankruptcy. Been putting my money in CD's ever since. Haven't made much but I'm debt free, have a good knot saved and ready to reap some rewards. People who finance things just drive the price up on everything.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Google went public in 2004, I asked the wife, "Where is my money?"

She bought 6 month CDs that pay 2%.

By the time I got my money, GOOG had doubled.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Looking forward to 17% CDs again.
Kept all the money I made from house sale and got a fixed 30 year 3.5% on the new one.
Thanks GI bill and 500K exemption.
Always use other peoples money.
Life's objective is to have the check for your funeral bounce.
Debt free is the last thing I want to be. When the house of cards collapses, they'll be no one to collect it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell yeah!
For my wife and I.
Haven't borrowed a nickle in 20 years,
cash in the bank and we pay cash everything.

Not for our 20, and 16 year old daughters though.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So you want a pricey new whatever, but you haven't saved enough. So you're going to borrow at rates you bleed to pay off? WTF am I missing here? Save up front and pay less down the road. Well fuq'ng duh?
PS, the only thing I ever bought on time was a house, it's called a mortgage.

Last edited by Wrapids; 06/13/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Banks have never, nor will they ever pay a depositor a higher rate on a new CD then the current inflation rate, ever! It’s one of the ways they use your money on deposit to make them money.
In my opinion built from 38 years in the business, the high grade Muni bonds are the safest instrument one can buy. If you are in a tax bracket of 30% or higher you can get with a homework an even higher after tax yield then CD’s are paying you now. Why, because there’s a higher risk with Banks these days. There are 10 banks right this moment that have FDIC coverage from $2.5 million to $8 million the different coverage is 100% derived from the titling of your account. One poster stated the Capital markets are rigged, he is point blank not just wrong but uneducated as well. Do you think his children are likely to ever have a chance of seeing the real picture of wealth? I don’t. Most likely he wasn’t taught himself, please let him motivate you to take the time to teach them whatever you may have learned. No one else will love them enough to take the time and effort needed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Holy chit

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,510
Posts18,490,768
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.