Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Indy shot his wad with the temple of doom

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
You'd think these actors would have enough money that they wouldn't want to ruin the franchise...you know, like Rocky #47, then #83, and #115. Even with Yellowstone, they should have wrapped it up at the end of season three...but, oh, no, gotta cash-in.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No I will not be seeing it.

They duped me with those new Star Wars movies and basically killed the entire story forever.

Fugk them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I grew up watching those movies and loved them. We’ll be watching this when it comes out. They were fun and exciting movies that didn’t have unnecessary swearing or inappropriate scenes where the whole family can watch together.

You either have a very selective memory or you're completely FOS.

Temple of Doom was so not-kid-friendly that it spawned the rating of PG-13. Millions of moms and dads brought their kids to see what they thought was going to be a kid's movie and ended up watching a satanic like ritual where a high priest buries his hand into the chest of a peasant and removes his beating heart.

There was so much criticism of the violence in that movie that PG-13 appeared just a few months later. The first PG-13 movie was Red Dawn.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntz
He aint no Clint Eastwood. As old as he is ,Clint can still play a tough guy. I loved the first three Indy movies ,but will not waste my time on this one. Should be named The Lost Temple of Dumb. Disney is the King of turning good material into Woke schit.
Ford played a tough guy but all of his parts have some humor to them while Eastwood's parts are all serious tough. They play a different style of tough.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before you shell out any hard-earned money on it, know that the movie informally goes by the name "Indiana Jones and the Insufferable Feminist."

Just so you know the direction that Hollywood has taken in this movie. They're putting heroic straight white guys in the trash bin.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
He aint no Clint Eastwood. As old as he is ,Clint can still play a tough guy. I loved the first three Indy movies ,but will not waste my time on this one. Should be named The Lost Temple of Dumb. Disney is the King of turning good material into Woke schit.
Ford played a tough guy but all of his parts have some humor to them while Eastwood's parts are all serious tough. They play a different style of tough.

Yeah he's a regular laugh riot in Blade Runner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sat down to watch John Wick 4 on my firestick, only made it in 15 minutes, as soon as the killing started all over again, I hit my Clockwork Orange moment, couldn’t take another 90 minutes of headshots!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh I don’t know, there was humor in Joe Kidd, “nothing like a good piece of hickory”, Grand Torino there was humorous parts.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
The first three are absolute classics, but the 4th one was insultingly bad. I have my expectations pretty low for this one based on an article I read, but hopefully they were able to recapture a little of the magic of the first three.
Yep, first three were great. I have all of them. Third one sucked, and I assume this one will, too.

Rumor is this one is very woke, and will suck more then #4.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope I can still move around like that when I'm 80..
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Oh I don’t know, there was humor in Joe Kidd, “nothing like a good piece of hickory”, Grand Torino there was humorous parts.

And Callahan.

And Beddoe.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Hope I can still move around like that when I'm 80..
dave
You can if you have good animation . Anything is possible in movies.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They could have used a hotter chick.......just sayin....

Was Yumi Nuni (sp?) busy?

Last edited by TimZ; 06/16/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Yeah he's a regular laugh riot in Blade Runner."

Yeah, but I always had the hots for Sean Young.

PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope anything "woke" becomes the instant death 3rd rail of films. I haven't watched "news" in a long time either... I had been reading too much news until fairly recently but made the connection that it was literally making me sick. Stomach distress was getting off the charts.

I've always liked to read and had a long list of classic books on the "should read" section. What I was reading was modern escapist action dramas and science fiction stuff.... that is still way better than being focused on "news" reading but limited in value use of time and attention for me.

I found PragerU book club https://www.prageru.com/series/book-club

They have most of the classic works of literature broken down into about 30 Minute discussions. I can still pay attention for 30 Minuets. I'm finding that I enjoy having a thumb nail sketch understanding of the bedrock of the human condition and Western culture.

FYI I stopped listening to King Lear in less than a few Minutes the sick family dynamics and psychopathic lust for power reminded me too much of the Biden's shtick and it was turning my stomach.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no desire whatsoever to see the new Indiana Jones movie (or pretty much ANY new movie... or most old ones, for that matter). I don't even care to watch the old ones anymore, as I have grown pretty sick of the whole eeeeevil naaahtsie spiel. Disney can take their woke trash and shove it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sorry guys, but I'm totally soured on watching anything with Hollyweirdos in it. these days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff

That was Pale Rider......not Joe Kidd

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By the first fifteen minutes of Temple of Doom the Indiana Jones movies sucked from then on. Doom was all screaming woman and kid yelling. They went downhill from there.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 15 invisible), 1,643 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.