Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://nypost.com/2023/06/18/texas-family-of-squatters-finally-forced-out-of-home-after-a-year/

Teacher, family of squatters finally removed from Texas home
By Richard Pollina
June 18, 2023 4:37am Updated

A Houston public school teacher and her family have been evicted from a luxury home they were squatting in for months after using a fake lease to remain on the premises.

Amberlyn Prather had been ordered by a judge last month to vacate the home she and her family were shacking up in after illegally taking residence in the property, which was listed for sale and vacant, in January by flaunting a fabricated lease agreement, according to ABC13.

“It’s insane,” realtor Shanequa Garrett, the authorized seller of the property, told the outlet in May after the courts ruled the family had been squatting in the suburban home and needed to be evicted.

Prather, a fourth-grade teacher in the Houston Independent School District, squeeze in over two more weeks at the property before Garrett could get back to work on June 15, when they were officially removed — despite being ordered to leave at the beginning of the month.

“Finally, they’re out,” Garrett told the outlet. “Now it’s to keep the squatters out completely. We don’t want another situation like this.”

Garrett cracked down on how the family gained access to the home when she conducted an inspection.

“They could climb on a trash can and climb on the roof,” Garrett told the outlet. “From this window (which was loose), they can just open it from the outside and jump in. Because we kept getting the house rekeyed, and they kept getting in.”

Amberlyn Prather leaving court after a judge ruled she and her family were to be evicted.
ABC13
The Houston realtor was forced to make several court appearances to expose the squatters and was told by the constable’s offices that the issue was a civil matter and not criminal throughout the ordeal.

Most squatting cases are investigated as a civil matter — with civil courts able to evict the squatters quickly — but those who are knowledgeable can easily play the system in their favor.

After painstakingly making her argument in court for months, the judge ruled they should never have been in the house and the lease agreement they provided as evidence they were renting the home located 20 miles outside the center of Houston was fake.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Squatter should have about 2 days.
Enough time to positively determine who owns it, who they are, who the squatters are,
and to form a team of the most thuggish cops to remove them. In a manner that
encourages them to not need removal again!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Act like an El Negro and u’s a El Negro.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/18/23.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well now we are all seeing what these liberal teachers are like. How can they teach kids when they can't follow the law. She should be fired.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That’s BS. Just another darkie being a darkie. We’re the utilities on? Shut them off, they won’t stay long. I knew a guy that rented a trailer house out. If renters quit paying, he let freon out of AC system. You don’t stay long in a trailer without AC

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
That’s BS. Just another darkie being a darkie. We’re the utilities on? Shut them off, they won’t stay long. I knew a guy that rented a trailer house out. If renters quit paying, he let freon out of AC system. You don’t stay long in a trailer without AC

Slumlord?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And the teacher won't even be fired.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think I’m getting a clearer picture of the players…..

“ It’s insane, realtor Shanequa Garrett, the authorized seller of the property,…”

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Every county needs a volunteer squatter team to show up about 2am and make it very clear that they would be long gone by sunrise. It's nothing but theft and legal means aren't working or they take way too long and too much money. Forged rental agreements need to be met with some solid jail time. This crap needs to be stopped and our elected officials aren't doing their jobs to end it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The article
Garrett cracked down on how the family gained access to the home when she conducted an inspection.

“They could climb on a trash can and climb on the roof,”

They are known to be good climbers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure I understand - getting evicted is all that happened to her after a ruling where she committed fraud?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm not sure I understand - getting evicted is all that happened to her after a ruling where she committed fraud?

I picked up on that too. You’d have thought the judge woulda been a bit peeved about that.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Potsy

I picked up on that too. You’d have thought the judge woulda been a bit peeved about that.
2-words. Protected Class........

As Goalie said , she won't even be fired from her teaching job.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
To call that a civil matter is an absolute fugking joke.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's where our elected officials aren't doing their jobs. They're letting them get away with theft and fraud. You can't sue them because they never have any money so it's just your own money that gets spent.

We have friends who inherited property near Bend, OR. They had squatters move in and even after 2 years, they still can't get rid of them. Oregon squatters 'rights' laws really suck.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of vacant properties around our county. Some pretty remote.

Not uncommon for it to happen, even on raw land. Folks move in with motorhome, trailers, tents and such. Produce papers when the Sheriff's officers show up. The deputies have told me it then becomes a civil matter as it is not their job to determine the validity of the papers.

Folks that leave their properties up the hill, where it gets snowed in pretty good in winter, have come back to find folks using it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
13% strikes again

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve seen other wise on evictions

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is funny is that as long as the state is not being harmed, they couldn't give a shit less. You'll see this throughout the legal system.

The instant the state loses a nickel all hell will break loose.

Tired of this bullshit.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Friend of mine with 3 young daughters had some random dude pitch a tent in the woods beside his house.He called the cops and they were fugking useless the guy did move his schit when papa showed up 🤣🤣

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 53 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,567
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.