Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This time last year I was sitting in a nephew’s house binge watching all ten hours of 1883. That series started out promising but turned into a train wreck. No TV or cable in my house, I’m not sure if I drive up to NY State to see family or get on their TV 🙂

I binge watched 1883 overnight, it was awful, painful to watch, it just got worse and worse.

This year, 1923, everything released so far, great storyline, great acting, especially by Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren, GREAT series.

Except for the graphic sex scenes, I ain’t seen so many naked breasts since college (oh, and Africa, NOBODY grows breasts like Africans).

Conventional sex, lesbian sex, sadomasochism. I’ll allow that to some extent these scenes enhance character development, especially that of Timothy Dalton (another great performance) but seriously, who could feel comfortable watching this series with their kids in the room?

A real pity.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't realize you were gay.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
They screwed up Yellowstone as well. Pretty much the whole thing including spinoffs is a Dumpster fire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike,

is it meant to be watched with kids in the room?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Harrison Ford sucks ass in that role. Totally unbelievable. He rides a horse like shît too.

I am with you though on the sadomasochism scene where the bad guy is whipping the whores. Added absolutely nothing to the story line.

MAGA
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Harrison Ford sucks ass in that role. Totally unbelievable. He rides a horse like shît too.

I am with you though on the sadomasochism scene where the bad guy is whipping the whores. Added absolutely nothing to the story line.

He doesn't drive helicopters all that well either, apparently.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good news, Karen. You can find another show to critique . Second season production is suspended indefinitely. I’m sure they really care too as you don’t pay for cable.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Mike,

What? You mean it weren’t on in what used to be called Prime Time?

How many here got kids who would be all over a Western? Especially one with so many shootouts, interesting firearms and period vehicles.

When scrolling through the rectangles deciding what movies to watch, I’d guess 1923 has more sexual content than 95% of the movies on there, including Taylor Sheridan’s own Hell or High Water, Wind River and Sicario Movies. So the guy can write an engaging storyline.

A pity too because it otherwise covers the transition from the Old West to a modern State so well.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We liked it, very good I thought

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah I gave up on that whole Yellowstone thing. Chalked it up as smut and watched other things

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never watched a show and thought "This has too many boobs in it".

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just quit one when the female protagonist, a lady with pretty round heels, decided that it was okay to continue her affair with her underling once his girlfriend decided to abort their child. Instantly went from being mad at him for concealing the pregnancy to pouncing on him like a panther in heat. Fuggin’ French.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Theres plenty of warning there is nudity and sexual situations in the programming. Its not a family show. If you don't want kids to see it or your uncomfortable seeing sexual content with other adults then don't watch it. Everything isn't for everyone and the warning before the show are there for a reason.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 06/20/23.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Like a little Thai friend / former co-worker once said when asked his opinion on American TV programs and movies, " No sex -- no Violence, ...me no watch "...

Like it or not, agree or not -- In truth he pretty well summed it up for the vast majority ...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mike,

No.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Mike,

What? You mean it weren’t on in what used to be called Prime Time?

How many here got kids who would be all over a Western? Especially one with so many shootouts, interesting firearms and period vehicles.

My "kids" are grown up and out of the house, as I'm sure yours are. And if they were still young and at home, there's this thing called parenting. They wouldn't dictate what I watch because they wouldn't have to be in the room, especially after "bedtime.". Same as popping a tape in the VCR, but they don't make those anymore.

Almost forgot, why did you use foul language in the title of your thread? There are children who use this site.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I canned Ozark over too much homo sex ed of the redneck "bear" with the FBI guy and his black buddy. And the gratuitous killing..... Banshee now? Damn, I like women, all the women in that show are full range perfect.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=Birdwatcher]
My "kids" are grown up and out of the house, as I'm sure yours are. And if they were still young and at home, there's this thing called parenting.

What? I complain about the gratuitous inclusion of graphic sex into what coulda otherwise been great family entertainment and I get a lecture on parenting? ‘K Dude.

I’ve never been big on sex as a spectator sport, perhaps I suffer from low T 🙂 In this series it was like geez not another sex scene, we already know they like each other let’s get back to the story.

One could make the case that Taylor Sheridan is leading the charge in our continuing moral decline.

A real pity, the man has talent.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
One could make the case that Taylor Sheridan is leading the charge in our continuing moral decline.

OK then, make that case. My point is, kids don't dictate what I watch on TV. Also, I edited my post and asked you a question. Why use foul language in your thread title, there are kids who use this site.

You're contributing to their moral decline.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
You're contributing to their moral decline.

That, without the gg, is the most commonly spoken word in Irish English, and they are a nation of notorious prudes (‘cept fer the various clergy, of course).

But if you’re gonna equate the word ‘fuggin’ with naked lesbian sex and sadomasochism on readily accessible popular entertainment go for it.

I shoulda said “frickin” instead?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.